Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 26-03-2011 15:50:13

Proximus
Campeur

Booster Draft

I'm quite bored with this game since about a month, the game itself is great, but there isn't enough diversity or end-game content to keep it interesting. So I'd like to introduce an old friend from my MtG days, Booster Draft, as a tournament format.

For a general explanation on what a "booster draft" is, see:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resour … ed#limited

There are some things that need to be addressed to turn this into an Eredan version:
- Disconnects are an issue, give players a 2 minute time limit to re-join a draft table. Also, some sort of rule for re-distribution a player's pack, who permanently drops from a draft table, needs to be established. I haven't played MtG online, but I'm sure they've got something that could be  recycled...
- There need to be filler cards to allow players following a strategy dictated by their deck, not by the characters they open. Mercs could be great for that purpose. Those characters should follow their basic template, i.e. a filler Warrior should not be (a lot) stronger than any Warrior character you can open in a booster pack. Also, some generic low-powered cards should be available as filler cards to allow players to make a 20-card-deck (like Blast, Fight!, Simple Dagger...).
- The amount of boosters and filler cards needs to be given thought, since A LOT of cards recently introduced either have very limiting Guild/Caste/Class restriction or fulfill a specialized role (i.e. silver bullets vs. Ports, Courts,..). Maybe a draft-only booster could be created that has a higher amount of generic cards like Smart Ass or slightly restricting cards like Armed and Ready.
- Don't allow rare drafting. Just reward players with packs or Feez depending on their final standing. This also allows a smaller entry fee to draw more players into drafting.

So far, this is very sketchy and requires a lot of programming effort, but it will be a great addition to this game if done right. The biggest benefit besides adding diversity is that it rewards good players with a tight financial budget, which is a huge step towards making this appealing for professionally minded players.

Thoughts?

#2 31-03-2011 02:28:58

Joey_Parker
Habitant de Guem

Re : Booster Draft

I think this would be great for the game i still play Mtg been playing for 10yrs now and the booster drafts are my fav.

"Fear is all in the mind"

#3 31-03-2011 04:39:03

Erian
Voyageur

Gotta agree, Booster Draft tourneys were so great (when I used 2 play MtG).
I'd love to see that in Eredan...
Maybe an entrance fee in crystals (letting u keep ***bip*** deck) and a PRO tourney with Feez as entrance fee (maybe giving legendaries as prizes?)

#4 01-04-2011 10:24:32

exlibris
Ptit nouveau

Top notch.
Would vote for that idea.

#5 01-04-2011 16:13:43

Hydragyrum
Voyageur

Agreed.

Pied de page des forums