Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#51 05-02-2011 18:26:45

genesyx
Habitant de Guem

Re : Possible Witchblade Deck, What do you guys think?

Dragon wits + Narwhal + ice coffin + ice coffin = Witchblade's own Melissandre on steroids cool
(3 hit on 1 char, and 1 hit on the other )

or

Dragon wits + Narwhal + ice coffin + magic attack = Witchisandre with anti-armor cannon smile
(choose the opponent with higher def, magic attack him , and shoot a low def twice with ice coffin, literally 2 birds with 1 stone tongue )

Dernière modification par genesyx (05-02-2011 18:46:24)

#52 09-02-2011 01:05:38

0_Shanks
Guémélite

Is this deck worth for elo?

#53 09-02-2011 01:50:02

Bloodlust007
Campeur

0_Shanks a écrit :

Is this deck worth for elo?

Witchblades are definitely worth for elo the person who finished 2nd last week (Tilliria) ran witchblades.
I finished 5th and ran witchblades. If they are built properly they will challenge any deck.

{UA} Underworld Assassins: From Blood Comes Dust
Clan Chatroom: http://xat.com/UnderworldAssassins
Join team JMT everyone is welcome http://xat.com/eredanunite

#54 09-02-2011 01:52:58

Bloodlust007
Campeur

genesyx a écrit :

Dragon wits + Narwhal + ice coffin + ice coffin = Witchblade's own Melissandre on steroids cool
(3 hit on 1 char, and 1 hit on the other )

or

Dragon wits + Narwhal + ice coffin + magic attack = Witchisandre with anti-armor cannon smile
(choose the opponent with higher def, magic attack him , and shoot a low def twice with ice coffin, literally 2 birds with 1 stone tongue )

i like the idea but its far too situational and slow. it requires 2 cards to set up and 2 cards to be useful and if your playing against Kot equip, noz mages, saps you will be dead by the time you get to use it effectively. i think its a great idea but its doesn't pack enough punch.

#55 09-02-2011 09:55:08

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

I dropped Helena for Bomzar and the Narwhal version seems to run a whole lot better, which got me thinking about revamping into a weirder version with Foam Giant. However, it would lose Ice Coffins which is kinda what the deck is all about.

Ideally it would look like this:

Naya
Anazra
Bomzar

2 Narwhal
2-3 Dragon's Wit <- I'm still not sure if the third copy is warranted, but it lets Bomzar use the Witchblade spells.

3 Ice Coffin
3 Ice Shield
3 Magic Attack
3 Sword of Light

3-4 more slots for your pleasure.

The Narwhal variant is still pretty clunky, but you get moments like this and suddenly it's worth it:

narwhal.jpg

As an aside, can anyone post the decklist that took 2nd place in this week's ELO? I heard it was a witchblade deck.

Dernière modification par pekpekkypek (09-02-2011 10:27:09)

Lady Jane can kick your ass.

#56 09-02-2011 11:57:28

0_Shanks
Guémélite

Thanks.
I have another little question: since I totally can't afford Naya purchase wich character is better for replace her? I'm pretty sure will not be the same having Naya but my financial will thanks me.

#57 09-02-2011 12:12:46

UnknowPro
Habitant de Guem

0_Shanks a écrit :

Thanks.
I have another little question: since I totally can't afford Naya purchase wich character is better for replace her? I'm pretty sure will not be the same having Naya but my financial will thanks me.

Bomzar / Eglantyne and Moia / Anazra if u cant buy naya

Never judge someone without a reason..

#58 09-02-2011 13:20:38

0_Shanks
Guémélite

UnknowPro a écrit :

Bomzar

I guess that will change a bit the deck, right? Like -1 sword of the witchblade and so?

#59 09-02-2011 13:44:41

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

0_Shanks a écrit :
UnknowPro a écrit :

Bomzar

I guess that will change a bit the deck, right? Like -1 sword of the witchblade and so?

Bomzar can use the blade i think

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#60 09-02-2011 15:27:55

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

jackal19 a écrit :
0_Shanks a écrit :
UnknowPro a écrit :

Bomzar

Bomzar can use the blade i think

Yes, Bomzar is a golem and ignores item restrictions. However he can't use the Witchblade spells, if any.

He still is able to use Magic Attack however, which is good.

#61 10-02-2011 10:26:45

SamsonXL
Habitant de Guem

Bloodlust007 a écrit :

If they are built properly they will challenge any deck.

This comment gave me something to think about. As i can't see any of the mentioned builds holding itself in high Elo ranks. Neither mine nor anyone of the others.

So i came up with a completely different approach. (Note: I do not own the cards needed for this, it's just a game of thoughts)
All 3 Witchblades are marauders. So why not build a kinda classic marauder beatdown deck with a little added Witchblade trickery?
I'll post a list first, and add some comments after it:

[card]Naya[/card] Lvl3 / [card]Eglantyne and Moira[/card] / [card]Anazra[/card] Lvl4

3x [card]Blade of the Witch[/card]
3x [card]Living Dagger[/card]
3x [card]Ice Coffin[/card]
3x [card]Assassination[/card]
3x [card]A Warrior's Fury[/card]
2x [card]Magic Attack[/card]
1x [card]Time to Die[/card]
1x [card]Lightning Bolts[/card] Lvl3
1x [card]The Hungry Void[/card] Lvl3

Some thoughts about this list:
I switched out the [card]Dragon Armor[/card] for [card]Living Dagger[/card]s. They still combo well with [card]Ice Coffin[/card], but also add an additional offensive punch. Plus they can chain off of [card]Assassination[/card]. Combined with the Blades this is the Witchblade trickery i was talking about.
[card]Lightning Bolts[/card] are not the big killer they are for Noz mages, dealing only 4 to 5 damage ([card]Naya[/card] on turn bonus), but it's AoE damage and with [card]The Hungry Void[/card] it's reusable and chainable.
[card]Magic Attack[/card] helps against those decks with really high defense. I'm especially thinking of Noz mages with [card]Councilor Ishaia[/card] behind her [card]Ice Barrier[/card]. It's pretty impossible to kill her and her mates with magic damage, and negating their defense is a good way to get rid of them.
The rest of the deck would be pretty basic marauder beatdown. The Witchblades may not have the massive attack stats of the Zil, but with [card]Ice Coffin[/card] we can combine some additional magic damage and some healing to survive one more attack.

So tell me guys, what do you think of my approach on a Witchblade marauder beatdown deck? I know it's pretty expensive and i won't get my hands on it anytime soon, but in theory it sounds good to me.

#62 10-02-2011 12:01:52

0_Shanks
Guémélite

I've try a bit some decks posted here.. but without Naya it's completely a shit.
I've also try with a DK (valentin) on ... but well what i can say? "Mew"

This deck is good -only- if you have 140K+ Cristall to spend. Too expensive imHo
at this point i prefer a court deck.

#63 11-02-2011 00:53:46

Bloodlust007
Campeur

There is alot of offense in the deck Samson and i like that.
There is 1 downsides to witchblades:
Average stats

You boost alot of attack and thats good but... you are gonna run into problems with ishaia
if ish gets double ice barrier up thats pretty much game if your running a deck based on physical damage
throw in some spells

if you want to know more about witchblades come to my team chat both links are posted at the bottom of this post

#64 11-02-2011 03:32:55

Ninsane
Campeur

This is my best Witchblade deck so far. I tried using Ass, Wars and TTD but it didn't work out as well as this one.

[card]Naya[/card]
[card]Anazra[/card]
[card]Eglantyne and Moira[/card]

1 [card]Reborn[/card]
3 [card]Rain of death[/card]
3 [card]Magic attack[/card]
3 [card]Blade of the Witch[/card]
3 [card]Ice shield[/card]
2 [card]Ice coffin[/card]
2 [card]Sword of light[/card]
1 [card]Unleash hell[/card]
2 [card]I hate brawlers[/card]

This deck relies on RoD and Magic Attack which are the winning cards.
current game record:
Wins   165
Loses  30
Draws 1

And I take back my harsh words, this deck is a really descent deck for mid Elo.
And it has become my third most beloved deck after Abom and Discard smile

feel free to comment smile

@SamsonXL: I like your deck and it was actually my first build of the deck, but unfortunately you will find [card]Assassination[/card] doesn't feel special at all because of what bloodlust said: average stats. It was made for true marauders who already has a high attack. They are witches, so why not use spells smile
My point is, get [card]Rain of death[/card] instead of [card]assassination[/card].

Dernière modification par Ninsane (11-02-2011 04:10:49)

#65 11-02-2011 09:24:24

SamsonXL
Habitant de Guem

Hm yeah, [card]Rain of Death[/card] deals very good damage even at rather low spirit scores. Haven't considered that. But i'd rather replace [card]A Warrior's Fury[/card] than [card]Assassination[/card], Assa is much more constant than fury.

And as Ishaia was mentioned, i just cannot see beating her with spells. At least not in a spirit boosting mage deck. That's what the [card]Magic Attack[/card]s are meant for, so if there's an Ishaia on the other side gotta save them up for her. But maybe a third one would be nice. Could cut [card]Assassination [/card]to two and add a [card]Magic Attack[/card].

@Ninsane
Ah, [card]Reborn[/card]. You didn't mention this card specifically but it jumps right into my eyes. I totally forgot about it. This one is really great to get this one deadly shot in with the spells.

In fact i'm trying to get my hands on some of the more expensive staple cards out there, the ones which are just needed in about any deck with corresponding chars. Right now im working on the crystals for my third assa. RoD will be the next on my list.

#66 11-02-2011 16:24:16

Ninsane
Campeur

SamsonXL a écrit :

And as Ishaia was mentioned, i just cannot see beating her with spells. At least not in a spirit boosting mage deck. That's what the [card]Magic Attack[/card]s are meant for, so if there's an Ishaia on the other side gotta save them up for her. But maybe a third one would be nice. Could cut [card]Assassination [/card]to two and add a [card]Magic Attack[/card].

yes, [card]Ishaia[/card] is on my top hate list along with [card]Kararine[/card] and the silly mage noz deck.

but I'm always happy fighting kot's or mercs though smile

Dernière modification par Ninsane (11-02-2011 16:24:33)

#67 11-02-2011 17:08:03

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

Three Magic Attacks in my opinion are a necessity in any deck that can utilize them.

#68 11-02-2011 19:40:50

Bloodlust007
Campeur

Ninsane a écrit :

This is my best Witchblade deck so far. I tried using Ass, Wars and TTD but it didn't work out as well as this one.

[card]Naya[/card]
[card]Anazra[/card]

1 [card]Reborn[/card]
3 [card]Ice shield[/card]
2 [card]Sword of light[/card]
1 [card]Unleash hell[/card]
2 [card]I hate brawlers[/card]

This deck relies on RoD and Magic Attack which are the winning cards.
current game record:
Wins   165
Loses  30
Draws 1

And I take back my harsh words, this deck is a really descent deck for mid Elo.
And it has become my third most beloved deck after Abom and Discard smile

feel free to comment smile

@SamsonXL: I like your deck and it was actually my first build of the deck, but unfortunately you will find [card]Assassination[/card] doesn't feel special at all because of what bloodlust said: average stats. It was made for true marauders who already has a high attack. They are witches, so why not use spells smile
My point is, get [card]Rain of death[/card] instead of [card]assassination[/card].

get rid of unleash hell as it is not worth being in a deck, it has terrible damage unless a char is tapped and drop the brawlers for another equip either dragon armour or living dagger. if you don't use any equips besides the blades ice coffin is really restricted for use in that deck and should be subbed for something else that would fit

#69 11-02-2011 21:55:12

Ninsane
Campeur

I agree with dropping [card]unleash hell[/card], but not so sure about dropping [card]i hate brawlers[/card] though, since it's chainable

#70 12-02-2011 06:51:59

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

A few questions:

1.) Is the Living Dagger better than Dragon Armors? I suppose it will depend on whether you're going for an offensive approach or a defensive one, but in most cases which would you prefer to run?

2.) Are the Ice Shields enough insurance versus Sap Heart decks?

3.) Is Sword of Light really worth three slots?

Thanks in advance.

#71 12-02-2011 22:23:35

Ninsane
Campeur

pekpekkypek a écrit :

A few questions:

1.) Is the Living Dagger better than Dragon Armors? I suppose it will depend on whether you're going for an offensive approach or a defensive one, but in most cases which would you prefer to run?

2.) Are the Ice Shields enough insurance versus Sap Heart decks?

3.) Is Sword of Light really worth three slots?

Thanks in advance.

1. I tried as suggested and IMO, living dagger is better than dragon armor, but not that much. so price wise, dragon armor is the way to go.

2. Yes, going against melissandre, Ice shield is very effective.

3. No, I say just put 2, since only 2 of them can use it. (well 3 if you count the sisters as 2 tongue)

Dernière modification par Ninsane (12-02-2011 22:26:10)

#72 13-02-2011 00:28:30

Esumya
Ptit nouveau

Currently, my deck was

Naya Lvl3 / Eglantyne and Moira / Anazra Lvl4

3x Blade of the Witch
3x Dragon Armor
3x Ice Coffin
3x Flicker of Hope
2x Magic Attack
1x Than the Sword, for those Nomad, and it works fine with dragon armor
1x Rain of Death
1x [card]Reborn[/card] for those mages, especially Last word + than the sword combo
1x [card]Freeze[/card] for those giant and Kotoba
1x [card]Journey[/card]
1x Sword of Light (SoL)

I use this deck to obtain about 400 fights, here is my record:
Wins   311
Loses  76
Draws 4
the best elo rating I have was about 1800, stoped by the deck using Ishaia .

I drop out one SoL by [card]Journey[/card] as some times I hate there are 2 SOL on my hand in first three turns as I have to hold it for the 2 health bonus for later turn 4,5,6. Also, Anazra cannot gain a chain from light spell. [card]Journey[/card] works fine as it give a good oveall attributes bonus and give a constant chain.

The next step I may have is to move Flicker of hope out, it gives good defense but again, Anazra cannot gain a chain from it and it is really annoying to have two Fliker of hope come to my hand at the same time. I may try to got one more [card]rain of death[/card] if possible, and some unique cards or ice shiled which give a nice chain.

BTW, a question on [card]living dagger[/card], is it dual wield with "Blade of the Witch"?

Dernière modification par Esumya (13-02-2011 00:50:31)

#73 13-02-2011 02:14:18

Ninsane
Campeur

yes, [card]living dagger[/card] can dual wield with [card]Blade of the Witch[/card].

I'm thinking about putting [card]Burn in hell[/card] cause mine just got beaten by another witchblade deck, and his burn in hell cards did lots of damage to mine.

Another thing that I like about Witchblade deck, we can build a defense deck or an offense deck or a spell deck. smile

so, this is what my deck looks like now.

[card]Naya[/card]
[card]Anazra[/card]

1 [card]Reborn[/card]
3 [card]Burn in hell[/card]
2 [card]Living dagger[/card]
2 [card]Ice shield[/card]
1 [card]Freeze[/card]

I have so many cards I want to put in here (another [card]Ice shield[/card], [card]journey[/card], [card]i hate brawlers[/card], [card]sword of light[/card], [card]dragon armor[/card], [card]than the sword[/card]) but I have no idea which one to replace -_-

Dernière modification par Ninsane (13-02-2011 02:26:26)

#74 13-02-2011 02:50:40

MikeyB
Habitant de Guem

these are all really good decks, speaking as someone who doesn't use them but has built various decks to incorporate counters for the witchblades...so far it's been pretty frustrating. e+m, anazra and naya build seems the most common, really tough, but not entirely unbeatable.
the one deck that seems to be a bit tougher has been e+m, naya, Zahal...spells were limited to magic attack, ice shields and coffins 2 blades, 2 dragons wit, paladin's hammer and solar's anger....i run kotoba buff with galmara, xin and asagi or kot/zil attack discard courtesans with galmara, oogoe, marlok (to be replaced with ish if i ever get enough) and i have plenty of trouble with witchblades, because kotoba buff has low spirit and magic attack 0s their defense.
once i get my hands on ish tho, i'll be running galmara, marlok and ish with mental prison and nehantic stone...i don't know if i'll focus on discard or attack and spells...but i'll need to get my hands on new start to use them effectively. tha's my dream deck and with anathematize and council's decision in tow should be able to counter almost any deck...even discard, in spite of high spirit scores. we'll see...tha's still a mere 600k crystals down the road... o.O

#75 13-02-2011 14:03:46

0_Shanks
Guémélite

Ninsane a écrit :

so, this is what my deck looks like now.

Well.. lol i can swear it doesn't sucks ...
1 wblade + RoD can OSK if enought lucky.

Pied de page des forums