Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 04-01-2011 19:22:43

Ergonomic Cat
Voyageur

How do you counter a discard deck?

I suspected it was going to be broken horribly once it was built, and it is. 

So, how do you counter a discard deck?  A good one looks like it can go through your entire deck in 5 turns, 4 if they get really lucky.  I know that ANS will fix it, but ANS is 200k, and that's assuming it doesn't get discarded anyway.

I know killing them fast will help, but the ones I've seen are chaining -6 attack, or Tada You're a Bunny or the like to make that nearly impossible unless you're playing a mage deck.

#2 04-01-2011 19:23:32

TaiwanLight
Campeur

Re : How do you counter a discard deck?

Using the same discard deck to return it.

Dernière modification par TaiwanLight (04-01-2011 19:28:45)

#3 04-01-2011 19:54:50

Ergonomic Cat
Voyageur

TaiwanLight a écrit :

Using the same discard deck to return it.

Well, sure, but then you're basically just flipping a coin to see who wins.  We could just redo Eredan to be a click n' wait game.  wink

#4 04-01-2011 20:07:29

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Discard needs beatdown to defeat it.

Hit hard and fast.

Don't ever discard to get better cards (ie Warrior's Fury)....let them do it for you.

Slow moving decks will always have troubles.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#5 04-01-2011 20:26:06

MoonFever
Habitant de Guem

Obesity helps a little, and is probably your best bet.

Moneyed may help a little, but isn't normally helpful.

Otherwise, understand their goal isn't to kill you, and try to not play cards most turns, unless you see the kill coming...or have a card you NEED to get off...its all about timing...

#6 04-01-2011 20:59:45

SMASHistheway
Campeur

I always think it's a massive shame when I come across a discard deck. There are so many great characters and cards. Shouldn't battles be about using them??

#7 04-01-2011 22:05:50

Okugi
Voyageur

What I don't like is staring at the tally screen after a fight, and seeing I caused somewhere in the 30's amount of damage, the discard deck caused about 8, and I still lost.

#8 05-01-2011 03:54:46

Pennywise
Guémélite

Don't play cards, only equip your items. The characters of a discard deck have very poor stats.

Esta frase no tiene seis palabras.

#9 05-01-2011 04:07:28

bleachman
Gardien

[card]A New Start[/card]

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#10 05-01-2011 04:18:16

Dracatis
Habitant de Guem

Maybe don't use your chain cards, maybe use a deck that requires discards like IHAS or Burn in Hell/arcanium half-mage deck.

#11 05-01-2011 04:18:27

SMASHistheway
Campeur

bleachman a écrit :

[card]A New Start[/card]

I wish!

#12 05-01-2011 04:24:55

para
Habitant de Guem

bleachman a écrit :

[card]A New Start[/card]

the way to counter that is by having them discard it, or by playing obesity smile gotta love it when you pull that off

#13 05-01-2011 04:53:08

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

The way some discard decks are built, you can actually beat them without playing any cards at all, just match the characters up correctly.

Lady Jane can kick your ass.

#14 05-01-2011 04:57:02

Glasher
Guémélite

SMASHistheway a écrit :

I always think it's a massive shame when I come across a discard deck. There are so many great characters and cards. Shouldn't battles be about using them??

When I play discard I am using my deck, it is unfortunate my deck is to not let u use yours. My deck has great characters and cards, and they do what they are told. tongue

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#15 06-01-2011 02:27:56

SMASHistheway
Campeur

Glasher a écrit :
SMASHistheway a écrit :

When I play discard I am using my deck, it is unfortunate my deck is to not let u use yours. My deck has great characters and cards, and they do what they are told. tongue

I'm very happy to throw away cards as I win without doing much at all. It's just a bit of a crappy way to win. Discard is 1 dimensional. Being versatile leads many great battles and is not just a vehicle to feed my ego.

#16 06-01-2011 22:55:31

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

SMASHistheway a écrit :
Glasher a écrit :
SMASHistheway a écrit :

I'm very happy to throw away cards as I win without doing much at all. It's just a bit of a crappy way to win. Discard is 1 dimensional. Being versatile leads many great battles and is not just a vehicle to feed my ego.

I agree it's a crappy way to win, as it is in Magic: The Gathering, if anyone knows what I'm talking about.  But going back to the first poster in the wall of 'quote,' a great character is in the eye of the beholder, not a widely viewed ideal.

But I quite enjoy my Circus deck, and it takes a bit of luck to not flop, since it's very possible to get nothing but attack reducers, or not being able to play Panic on Kriss, and all that jazz.  Still, it's a fun deck, I feel.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#17 06-01-2011 23:02:41

Poptolev
Guémélite

Sap heart (melissandre build) should be enough to handle them. Their defense card lowers attack which ... well with quickdraw is not a problem and they have relatively low health.

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#18 06-01-2011 23:44:05

Melisandra
Voyageur

you mentioned mages deck may help a litter, actually mages deck is discarded more quickly than anyother type of deck because of high spirit

Ergonomic Cat a écrit :

I suspected it was going to be broken horribly once it was built, and it is. 

So, how do you counter a discard deck?  A good one looks like it can go through your entire deck in 5 turns, 4 if they get really lucky.  I know that ANS will fix it, but ANS is 200k, and that's assuming it doesn't get discarded anyway.

I know killing them fast will help, but the ones I've seen are chaining -6 attack, or Tada You're a Bunny or the like to make that nearly impossible unless you're playing a mage deck.

Dernière modification par Melisandra (06-01-2011 23:48:29)

#19 07-01-2011 01:36:20

Anihilate
Solarian

Poptolev a écrit :

Sap heart (melissandre build) should be enough to handle them. Their defense card lowers attack which ... well with quickdraw is not a problem and they have relatively low health.

Melissandre Kiezan and Ydain, Turn 3 win if you pull Quick draw and Hypnotic Chain Quickdraw to an elfine bow on Kiezan and things are all set.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#20 07-01-2011 15:38:00

Ninsane
Campeur

Poptolev a écrit :

a good discard deck should have 3 fallback card, which is enough to survive melissandre

#21 07-01-2011 21:55:14

ebi2
Ptit nouveau

There should ALWAYS be a drawback to every strategy, unfortunately, there is currently nothing that can be done vs discard decks.

There should at least be a card or a class ability that does something in the lines of:

"Each time a spell or effect by your opponent causes to discard a card from your hand or your deck, opposing character loses 1 health. This lost of health cannot be prevented or redirected."

#22 07-01-2011 23:37:10

ashman
Habitant de Guem

ebi2 a écrit :

There should ALWAYS be a drawback to every strategy, unfortunately, there is currently nothing that can be done vs discard decks.

Actually, you can do something...play nothing. And while that only works sometimes, its fun none of the time.

In other words, I'm agreeing with you smile Discard is no fun.

--A

Dernière modification par ashman (07-01-2011 23:37:59)

#23 08-01-2011 00:26:50

Anihilate
Solarian

Ninsane a écrit :
Poptolev a écrit :

a good discard deck should have 3 [card]Obesity[/card] card, which is enough to survive melissandre

Fixed

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#24 08-01-2011 05:46:24

goscar
Guémélite

I think after seeing moneyed that every guild should get something similar.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#25 08-01-2011 06:58:37

Vasillisque
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Colombia
Site Web

Rathedan a écrit :

Hit hard and fast.

Don't ever discard to get better cards (ie Warrior's Fury)....let them do it for you.

this is it, no rocket science..

The blank vast gaze which grins lay thin..
There's a higher sight to blindness kin.. [MSN].

Pied de page des forums