Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-01-2011 20:57:14

Melisandra
Voyageur

Is the Assassination overpowered?

1), [card]Assassination[/card] is not expensive(50k), even less than [card]Rain of Death[/card],

2), it can combo with ANY daggers(fist, dagger, life devour), the usablity  extremely higher than any other card

3), [card]Telendar[/card] is able to chain [card]Assassination[/card] with another,

4) there is another easy-to-get card [card]Time to die[/card] obviously especially designed for Assassination.

5) the bonus Assassination offers 3-4 attk bonus, is it too high?

I believe the designer didn't consider very well about this card. at least should add some restriction, otherwise sooner or later most of players(50% now) only plAY zils

Dernière modification par Melisandra (02-01-2011 21:13:54)

#2 02-01-2011 21:17:38

Okugi
Voyageur

Re : Is the Assassination overpowered?

[card]Time to Die[/card] + [card]Assassination[/card] = 6-8 attack
[card]Assassination[/card] + [card]Assassination[/card] =  6-8 attack
[card]All is fair in love...[/card] + [card]...and War.[/card] = 5-6 attack
[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] + [card]...Than the sword[/card] = 3-NO LIMIT attack
[card]Bragan[/card] + [card]Fiery Sword[/card] = 3-(I just did one for 12) attack

I'm sure there are plenty more comboes that are in the same area.  Just have to take a look through the cards, assassination is not overly powered, there are plenty of other cards that can reach higher amounts of attack.

#3 02-01-2011 21:22:17

Poptolev
Guémélite

Power creep syndrome ... soon we'll win/lose the battle before it's even started (or in a better case - in turn 1)

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#4 02-01-2011 21:51:09

Melisandra
Voyageur

[card]All is fair in love...[/card] + [card]...and War.[/card]  gives 2-3 maximum attk bouns
[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] + [card]...Than the sword[/card] how many bonus it can give so far? defend on spirit. I don't think anyone has 6-8 spirits. we could play last word to boost spirit, bu considering about very tiny printed attk of mages, the total attk much less than zils warriors.

Okugi a écrit :

[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] + [card]...Than the sword[/card] = 3-NO LIMIT attack
[card]Bragan[/card] + [card]Fiery Sword[/card] = 3-(I just did one for 12) attack

I'm sure there are plenty more comboes that are in the same area.  Just have to take a look through the cards, assassination is not overly powered, there are plenty of other cards that can reach higher amounts of attack.

Dernière modification par Melisandra (02-01-2011 22:02:02)

#5 02-01-2011 21:57:38

Poptolev
Guémélite

What about Pilkim + The Last X (choose one) + Than the sword ?

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

#6 02-01-2011 22:01:14

Melisandra
Voyageur

mages base attk is too litter compare with zils

Poptolev a écrit :

What about Pilkim + The Last X (choose one) + Than the sword ?

Dernière modification par Melisandra (02-01-2011 22:01:28)

#7 02-01-2011 22:04:41

Okugi
Voyageur

Melisandra a écrit :

[card]All is fair in love...[/card] + [card]...and War.[/card]  gives 2-3 maximum attk bouns
[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] + [card]...Than the sword[/card] how many bonus it can give so far? defend on spirit. I don't think anyone has 6-8 spirits.

Okugi a écrit :

Did you read the cards?  [card]All is fair in love...[/card] by itself gives +3 to attack, it chains to [card]...and War.[/card] which gives an additional +2-3, for a total of 5-6 attack.

[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] gives +1-2 spirit.  [card]...Than the sword[/card] adds your spirit to you your attack and adds one.  Mages start with 2-3 spirit.  Let's take [card]Pilkim[/card], basic level one version, has 2 spirit, adds 1 spirit on certain levels.  Against a warrior or marauder that's +6 to attack.  Stick a [card]Mystic Staff[/card] and it's another +2 attack, a [card][/card] or [card][/card] which are also common in mage decks, which are an additional +1 attack each, and then let Pilkim level up some, so he has +2 to his spirit instead... so we now have a pilkim sitting at 8 spirit, dropping a pen is mightier and than the sword, giving him a +11 to his attack.  And while this may sound far fetched, it is extremely common in mage decks to have all their mages with 4-8 spirit.

#8 02-01-2011 22:07:55

Okugi
Voyageur

Melisandra a écrit :

mages base attk is too litter compare with zils

Poptolev a écrit :

What about Pilkim + The Last X (choose one) + Than the sword

That is the one saving grace of mages, their base attack is only 3-4.

#9 02-01-2011 22:12:23

Melisandra
Voyageur

How many times we are killed at the first turn by the chain [card]Abomination[/card] + [card]Time to die[/card] + [card]Assassination[/card] or even [card]Assassination[/card] + [card]fist dagger[/card]

Poptolev a écrit :

Power creep syndrome ... soon we'll win/lose the battle before it's even started (or in a better case - in turn 1)

Dernière modification par Melisandra (02-01-2011 22:13:09)

#10 02-01-2011 22:15:56

Poptolev
Guémélite

Instead of watering down/fixing/nerfing the broken cards atm they are just going to release more and more powerful cards*, thus making the current cards even useless until the game dies =/
They pretty much have 2 choices
a) If they have the balls they should fix the meta decks so they dont finish the duels in 3 turns
b) They will suffer the consequences of power creep syndrome - shut down (or start it over) the game after .. max 1 or 2 years.

*Just look at the pirates release, if you play 2 supplying in the 1st turn armada, the phoenix and fiery sword are just going to annihilate the opponent and finish him ... with luck before the 3rd turn.

Dernière modification par Poptolev (02-01-2011 22:18:23)

#11 02-01-2011 22:16:51

Melisandra
Voyageur

All is fair in love... by itself gives +3 or +3/+0? please check it again. I ever played with this card very often. 

Okugi a écrit :
Melisandra a écrit :

[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] + [card]...Than the sword[/card] how many bonus it can give so far? defend on spirit. I don't think anyone has 6-8 spirits.

Okugi a écrit :

Did you read the cards?  [card]All is fair in love...[/card] by itself gives +3 to attack, it chains to [card]...and War.[/card] which gives an additional +2-3, for a total of 5-6 attack.

[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] gives +1-2 spirit.  [card]...Than the sword[/card] adds your spirit to you your attack and adds one.  Mages start with 2-3 spirit.  Let's take [card]Pilkim[/card], basic level one version, has 2 spirit, adds 1 spirit on certain levels.  Against a warrior or marauder that's +6 to attack.  Stick a [card]Mystic Staff[/card] and it's another +2 attack, a [card][/card] or [card][/card] which are also common in mage decks, which are an additional +1 attack each, and then let Pilkim level up some, so he has +2 to his spirit instead... so we now have a pilkim sitting at 8 spirit, dropping a pen is mightier and than the sword, giving him a +11 to his attack.  And while this may sound far fetched, it is extremely common in mage decks to have all their mages with 4-8 spirit.

#12 02-01-2011 22:24:10

Okugi
Voyageur

Poptolev a écrit :

No kidding.  I played a game today with my pirates, and had the stars align or something...  was going against a standard zil deck, the shadow, selene, and bigrage.  I had [card]Captain Al Killicrew[/card], [card]Bragan[/card] and [card]Armada[/card].  I started, so I sent the captain against shadow, dropped [card]Supplying[/card] and [card]The Pirate Code[/card], took my hits and went to next round.  Opponent sent bigrage against armada, giving me +10 to attack off the bat.  I use weapon dance, and another supplying, putting me at 13/16, and luck out on taking bigrage out.  Next up is bragan vs. selene.  I drop my third supplying, followed by a [card]fiery sword[/card], turning bragan into a 17/20 beast, killing selene.  fourth round, they choose poorly, sent shadow back against the captain, I drop a [card]flames of the phoenix[/card], doing 8 damage to shadow, kill both the captain and shadow, and walk away the winner.  Extreme luck.  Every other game I've played I usually end up losing since all the cards I need seem to get grouped together in the very end of the deck.

Dernière modification par Okugi (02-01-2011 22:24:39)

#13 02-01-2011 22:29:27

Okugi
Voyageur

Melisandra a écrit :

All is fair in love... by itself gives +3 or +3/+0? please check it again. I ever played with this card very often. 

Okugi a écrit :
Melisandra a écrit :

Yes, it gives +3/0, not +3.  But that's sort of a mute point.  The combo still adds 5-6 to your low attack.  It may not bump up your high attack, since they pretty much become equal, but it's still a good addition.

#14 02-01-2011 22:31:05

Poptolev
Guémélite

It's very funny when a fully leveled pirate deck faces another fully leveled pirate deck. Imagine 1st round captain vs captain both players playing 2x supplies. On the 2nd round both of them will have 12 tokens on each character. The 1st armada that battles will have +24 attack ... on the 2nd turn .. with 2 cards combo from each player.

#15 02-01-2011 22:35:19

Okugi
Voyageur

Melisandra a écrit :

How many times we are killed at the first turn by the chain [card]Abomination[/card] + [card]Time to die[/card] + [card]Assassination[/card] or even [card]Assassination[/card] + [card]fist dagger[/card]

Poptolev a écrit :

Yes, abomination  is grossly powerful like that, coupled with a decent defense and health.  Yes, he can put up large numbers off the bat.   But know what?  First time against him, you simply play defensive, he may drop you to 1-2 health, but you have a chance to turn it around and kill him off next round.

#16 02-01-2011 22:36:54

Eredan-Dan
Habitant de Guem

That Armada token attack is a beast. thank god for tada bunny and court cards ^^ Apart from Mages the pirates are the only deck that give me a squeeky bum ^^

#17 02-01-2011 22:44:34

Okugi
Voyageur

Poptolev a écrit :

It's very funny when a fully leveled pirate deck faces another fully leveled pirate deck. Imagine 1st round captain vs captain both players playing 2x supplies. On the 2nd round both of them will have 12 tokens on each character. The 1st armada that battles will have +24 attack ... on the 2nd turn .. with 2 cards combo from each player.

Mine aren't fully leveled, I'm at level 2 and 1 on all mine.  I have played one other pirate suicide deck so far, and it went much like you said.  Everyone started with so much powder, the game ended on the second turn.  He had a level 2 flames of the pheonix, which is aoe instead of single target.  We started with 5 powder each, first turn was his armada vs. my bragan.  He dropped two supplying, I dropped one and a fiery sword, mutual destruction ensued.  Second round, he dropped his flames of the phoenix, everyone took 14, killing off my captain and armada, his bragan died, his captain survived with one health point.

#18 02-01-2011 22:48:15

Okugi
Voyageur

Eredan-Dan a écrit :

That Armada token attack is a beast. thank god for tada bunny and court cards ^^ Apart from Mages the pirates are the only deck that give me a squeeky bum ^^

How so?  Having been playing pirates, it seems to be a very luck based deck.  If you don't draw the right cards in the starting hand, you're pretty much hosed.

#19 02-01-2011 22:50:21

Eredan-Dan
Habitant de Guem

As with pretty much all decks

#20 03-01-2011 02:39:15

Poptolev
Guémélite

72u5qb.jpg

not that it matters but ... 3rd round ... and the opponent had foil abomination .. and my captain was lvl 2 ...

#21 03-01-2011 03:15:21

Melisandra
Voyageur

actually, you luck to face [card]bloodsword[/card] instead of [card]the shadow[/card] who has 3 spirit magic defence, n I noticed you able to case phoenix at turn 3, I bet it is ideal situation of pirate deck.

My noz mage ever had few chances to finish top Zil deck also, the first turn I lucky enough play with [card]Lightning bolts[/card] lvl 3, second turn the opponents' pick my [card]Prophet[/card], my [card]Pilkim[/card] had chance to chain [card]Last word[/card] + [card]the hungry void[/card] at turn 3, there was [card]the shadow[/card] surviving, bu I had two characters left, I finished shadow at turn 4. But this situation rarely happened, same as your story.

I am discussing about general case.

Poptolev a écrit :

http://oi52.tinypic.com/72u5qb.jpg

not that it matters but ... 3rd round ... and the opponent had foil abomination .. and my captain was lvl 2 ...

Dernière modification par Melisandra (03-01-2011 03:25:40)

#22 03-01-2011 06:31:26

kappa1uk
Campeur

Eredan-Dan a écrit :

A Squeeky Bum - LMFAO - Dan thats awesome.

Pop in and say Hi to the English Speaking population of Eredan.
Live chat for all comers. http://xat.com/EredanUnite

#23 03-01-2011 08:26:12

para
Habitant de Guem

Melisandra a écrit :

[card]The pen is mightier...[/card] + [card]...Than the sword[/card] how many bonus it can give so far? defend on spirit. I don't think anyone has 6-8 spirits. we could play last word to boost spirit, bu considering about very tiny printed attk of mages, the total attk much less than zils warriors.

Okugi a écrit :

just saying i can get pilkim up to 17 att, so they really are not that underpowered. and assassination isnt that op, however, with telendar thats a different story

#24 03-01-2011 15:40:02

Mike_Magnus
Campeur

In which case, the complaint should be that telendar is the OP card, not assassination

#25 03-01-2011 16:41:45

ONEGRUMP
Ptit nouveau

Hard to talk about assassination being to hard when magic can change and add at any time. Zil has the same problems as any guild if the right cards get played aganist them. I feel people play Zil because of the easy play, easer to understand. If anything get the deck killers out or the guys that throw all defence out then we'll talk about assassination.

Pied de page des forums