Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 27-12-2010 16:00:42

Poptolev
Guémélite

Simplified Version

I don't want to insult the graphical team of the game but I (and I assume a lot of other players) do not actually care about the animations/effects , good graphics and etcs.

My suggestion is to make a simplified version of the game with the animations/effects of the original version reduced to the minimum. I assume this will fix the lag problems for the most of us and the games will actually run faster (if you don't have to wait for the attack animation, the draw animation, the magics, heals, equip and etc animations). When a card is played the effect will happen immediately. An example: you play a Rain of Death, the magic animation and the hp reducing animations are skipped and your hp is just reduced instantly from x to .. y.

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#2 27-12-2010 18:40:28

doubledipper
Habitant de Guem

Re : Simplified Version

I think leaving in the damage and buff number animations would be fine.  It's the little wings and the healing animations that kill me.  If there are only like 100 games going everything runs great for me, but as the games in progress rise so does my lag.  Right now there are well over 300 games being played and animations take forever.

#3 29-12-2010 16:40:31

Melisandra
Voyageur

I suspect it is not problem of animation but their server problem, I am also software developer, n I have 7 years programming experience.

The animations already installed on our client computer, they are triggered by the response from their game server, for example, when we click confirm button of selecting characters, we supposed to get response from game server, like "I got your confirm request, then I give you permission to play the buff animations". BUT the problem is just because EITHER the game server is not able to get our request OR our computer is not able to get the response from game server.

SO THAT our computer stuck there. It looks like animations screw up, actually it is not, it is an application bug, they don't ADD the exception handler in application like what we can do if the connection between our computers and game server is interrupted suddenly.

Poptolev a écrit :

I don't want to insult the graphical team of the game but I (and I assume a lot of other players) do not actually care about the animations/effects , good graphics and etcs.

My suggestion is to make a simplified version of the game with the animations/effects of the original version reduced to the minimum. I assume this will fix the lag problems for the most of us and the games will actually run faster (if you don't have to wait for the attack animation, the draw animation, the magics, heals, equip and etc animations). When a card is played the effect will happen immediately. An example: you play a Rain of Death, the magic animation and the hp reducing animations are skipped and your hp is just reduced instantly from x to .. y.

Dernière modification par Melisandra (29-12-2010 16:44:55)

#4 29-12-2010 16:51:29

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Pennsylvania, USA
Site Web

... At the same time, the flash program is set so that we may not do anything until the buff animation is complete.  Thus, for quicker players, it would speed up the process.

Somewhere between happiness and dreading the Apocalypse.
See where your character cards stand against the full list.

#5 29-12-2010 18:21:56

Melisandra
Voyageur

Why stick with flash client? it is successful product, I suggest making a universal client running on different platform, such as Iphone. uban rival is a example, it used to be flash card game only, now release iphone version also.

XenoZangotta a écrit :

... At the same time, the flash program is set so that we may not do anything until the buff animation is complete.  Thus, for quicker players, it would speed up the process.

#6 29-12-2010 18:40:38

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Pennsylvania, USA
Site Web

Somewhere between happiness and dreading the Apocalypse.
See where your character cards stand against the full list.

Pied de page des forums