Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 21-12-2010 22:59:31

Wolfun
Ptit nouveau

With more Witchblades and magic stuff

We really need more Anti-magic.

I mean, sure there are things like Deflection... Which can target your own side, and have no effect on spells like Magic Poison (which is 15 damage over 3 turns).
Or Counterspell, which damages your own stats.

Sure, there is the Dark stone heart and it's evolved form, but with Witchblades able to use a spell AND attack, it seems to be getting a little excessive, as the counter-spell cards do more damage to the user than Spells do to their user.

Any other comments?

#2 22-12-2010 00:48:32

goscar
Guémélite

Re : With more Witchblades and magic stuff

Mirage Cloak? Crystal Shelf? Mystic staff or its upgrades? lot of option to reduce the damage.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#3 22-12-2010 01:00:29

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

You should also suggest more ways to deal with Physical Damage.

Given that most decks are based on Physical Damage...

Also, the best cards to defend against Physical Damage have drawbacks too, like Tadaa! You're a bunny and Fallback. So why not some cards to help against Physical Damage? I am sure it would be help you against Witchblades because just like you said they are based on Physical AND Magical Damage.

#4 22-12-2010 01:09:32

Wolfun
Ptit nouveau

Seraph a écrit :

You should also suggest more ways to deal with Physical Damage.

Given that most decks are based on Physical Damage...

Also, the best cards to defend against Physical Damage have drawbacks too, like Tadaa! You're a bunny and Fallback. So why not some cards to help against Physical Damage? I am sure it would be help you against Witchblades because just like you said they are based on Physical AND Magical Damage.

Because sarcasm helps everywhere!

The point is, Magic seems to be much more powerful in comparison to anti-magic. Boosts to defence aren't always negative, like you're suggesting.

Not only that, but the fact that Witchblades can do magic and an attack? No one sees that as a little excessive? Normal mages don't get that ability. Not only that, but even the Sap hearts who get a second attack only get it at their PRINTED attack.

Now, I have no problem with Noz and stuff. I mean, I've tried a Noz deck of my own, so I've seen it from both sides. But its by playing it from both sides that I've noticed how over powered magic seems to be.

#5 22-12-2010 01:34:14

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Hey, i could not avoid it! Although i must say: my post has a good point in it.

You are saying that "magic seems to be much more powerful in comparasion to anti-magic." But i say that it is the EXACT OPPOSITE. big_smile

Just look at some of the Anti-Magic stuff: Diversion, Dark Stone Heart/Nehantic Stone, Reborn, Anathema ( works against Arcanium and Burn in Hell ) and kotoba fire immunity jewel.

As you can see the only "perfect" counter to spells is DSH/Nehantic, but the others can also give a LOT of trouble to the magic user given the fact they can NULL the damage dealt by some important spells.

Now, let us give a look at the Anti-Physical attack stuff: Tadaa! You're a bunny, Fallback, and Illusory Reflection.

As you can see there is NO perfect counter to physical attacks, although those counters can give some trouble to the physical attacker.

Conclusion: The Anti-Magic cards are a LOT more aggressive and effective than the Anti-Physical attack cards.

Now onto the specific case of Witchblades: Witchblades can not chain spells like mages, have low attack power compared to marauders, low spirit compared to mages, and at this moment you can not use a full Witchblade team with the sisters merged. Meaning you need to use a couple of level 2 character cards for a full Witchblade team.

Dernière modification par Seraph (22-12-2010 01:42:54)

#6 22-12-2010 01:54:32

Wolfun
Ptit nouveau

You made a point, but you also came across like a total douchebag doing it when "Well, my counter argument would be"...

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

And no... You seem to be babbling and making the same point, more than a good one.

Also, Both DSH and Nehantic Stone only prevent damage from spells. Not the boosts that some spells give to their user. In fact, the only thing that can really do that is Counterspell.

Not only that, but all the physical counters you listed... Don't really have a downside. Sure, TyaB has a boost to defence, but that's to balance, as -5 attack can cripple even the heaviest hitters unless they're using TTD and Assassination. Fallback is suppose to be running away, and giving a boost to defence at a cost of 1 spirit and 1 attack isn't much. Illusionary Reflection... Where is the downside to that card...? You get a boost to defence based on your spirit. Considering the Noz decks have that in a lot, it's going to be mostly used by high spirited characters anyway.
What about the Tracker card (I forget what it's called) that drops your attack to 0 if you have a dagger equipped? That has absolutely NO drawback at all. Illusionary Reflection can make some mages untouchable.

Now, the fact that Deflection can target a random character on YOUR side, and counterspell HALVES your attack.

On to Witchblades - They can equip weapons. They can have attack boosting weapons and armours. Sure it might be low, but it never stays low for very long. They might not be able to chain spells, but the fact they can let off any spell and then attack is still OTT, especially when they do get attacks going into the 10+ attack rating.

#7 22-12-2010 02:24:58

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

So do you want another card like Counterspell and Magic Shield?

You do understand the effect of those cards is really strong and the thing keeping them from being abused is their huge drawback. A pure Mage character and a pure Priest are completely dependant on the cards it plays, more than any other character in the game. Using the Magic Shield against a pure Mage character when you have the initiative pretty much nulls all the effectiveness of the Mage.

Also, there are only two important spell cards that can increase the attack power of the caster. Keep in mind two things: First, mages have a low attack to begin with, and Second, they can be countered by Diversion and Reborn which are seen pretty often in matches.

About the Anti-Physical cards: Fallback and Bunny DO have a downside, although it is not a huge downside it is enough to make the difference. Also, i never mentioned Illusory Reflection having a drawback!

Illusionary Reflection can make Mages untouchable DEPENDING on what Mage is using it, in which turn and against certain opponents. But it is just like i said, Mages are VERY dependant on cards they play. If you play Illusory with your Mage you are giving up a damage card.

About the card that can turn the opponent's attack to 0: You are correct. There is one card with no drawback that can reduce the opponent's attack to 0 and i had completely forgotten about it. It is called A Close Shave. And there is a reason for me to have forgotten this card:  It requires both your character being a Tracker AND the opposing character being equipped with a Dagger. Keep in mind Trackers are not a Top deck, so it is clearly obvious this card is not as threatening as it may look like.

Magic Shield and Deflection are not optimal cards for countering spells. There is a reason for them not being seen much in play which is their big drawback. BUT i didn't even give them as examples in my previous post anyway. Look at my examples. Those are good counters for spells.

Dernière modification par Seraph (22-12-2010 02:26:58)

#8 22-12-2010 03:36:54

goscar
Guémélite

All this is just plain QQ, there are many counter to witchblade or any mage/warrior-maruader character. I already point out things that increase both spirit score and defense score.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

Pied de page des forums