Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 07-10-2010 15:02:26

MoonFever
Habitant de Guem

Deck Construction help for a Newbie

I've only played a week, but have spent $20 for additional cards, sold a couple, bought a few.  What I was looking for was general construction assistance, such as:

How many chain cards should be in each deck.  How many items/spells/etc?  I know that can fluctuate based on your heroes...just looking for general guidelines.

Staple cards for Marauder Decks/Warrior Decks/Priest Decks/Mage Decks

Staple characters for each faction (fit in most decks, so best to get first, etc)

Limitations/thoughts on blender decks (multiple classes)

Currently, my best deck is my Zil Marauder deck.  I replaced the Merc Serpent with Bloodsword, and have had some decent luck.  Only big purchases for the deck have been 2 Armed and Ready, and a couple of the chain card that heals a point (to go with the healing potion on those crucial turns).

I've dabbled with a Noz Witchblade deck, since I got the Marauder/Mage in a pack.  Purchasing the "I hate Brawlers" card, and another +Defense = to Spirit card.  I have used 2 copies of the spell recycling card, though not sure if that is worth it in the end.

I've built a Desert Nomad Warrior deck, 3 warriors, one that gives +0/+1, one that gives +1 attack, and the lion cub.  Seems having this deck along with the Marauder deck is a bad thing, since my good cards are in the Marauder deck.

I picked up two Merc Priests, but am not sure where to go with that one, Figured using them with the Flail merc (yes, I haven't memorized the cards yet, and I'm at work, so can't log onto my account).  But not sure which priest cards to look into.

Any deck advice would be appreciated.

#2 07-10-2010 16:41:33

Mahothecat
Voyageur

Re : Deck Construction help for a Newbie

Well, the staple items would depend on your deck build overall - do you want to play warriors or mages, rogues or priests. You could mix the decks if you want - it depends entirely on you what your deck will rely on. A good warrior build that's generally used is Kotoba - they are a great example for a pure warrior deck and be as deadly as any marauder deck. They can't exactly handle mages, though and they need to equip themselves.
Basically, warrior decks rely mostly on equips, mages and priests on spells and marauders on daggers and abilities. You would usually see 3 swords (6 if they have dual wield), 3 shields of some sort. For marauders you need 3-6 daggers, a lot of abilities, maybe some healing potions and that's all. Mages and priests would need a max of 3 staffs, some abilites and spells, maybe healing potions. But it generally depends on the player so you choose what to put in.

#3 07-10-2010 18:31:41

Proximus
Campeur

If you got a limited budget, focus on one deck style, level your cards and if you get bored with the deck, sell the leveled cards and get a new one. Staples you can use in most decks are Assassination, Rain of Death, Obesity, Tadaa!, Living Daggers / Life Devourers, Warrior's Fury, Divine Light and The best Defense (unique). All pretty expensive, but you can cover a lot of decks with those and set your long term plan.
If you're looking for cheaper cards, get a few pairs of all is fair in love + and war, Ice Barriers, Than the Sword, Shell, maybe Fallback. You also want a few cards that chain so you can keep up with other decks that use their resources to their fullest, like Weapon Dance or Smart Ass. For starting out you should be looking for cards that are not restricted to a certain guild so you can try different guilds with cards you're already familiar with (I know that contradicts a bit with my beginning statement, just don't go overboard spending money on different decks).
As for characters, cheap and good choices for the basic builds for each guilds are imo:
Kotoba - Xin, Asajiro, Iro (you want Gakyusha in the long run..)
Noz - Pilkim, Crystalomancer, Alishk, maybe Anryena (also, Prophet if you got the money)
Zil - If you want to go for Shadow, level up Silene and Selene (Silene is a chore since she's no Marauder...), Bloodsword, maybe the Abomination components
Skip Desert Nomads, those are quite expensive and won't net you a good win percentage if you don't stock up to 3 Divine Light for the priest route or 3 Solaris for beatdown, or both if you go hybrid... Plus some nifty "filler" cards like A Warrior's Fury.

Dernière modification par Proximus (07-10-2010 18:33:58)

#4 07-10-2010 18:59:05

MoonFever
Habitant de Guem

Thanks for all of the advice!!!

One quick question:  Who are the components for the [card]Abomination[/card]?

Dernière modification par MoonFever (07-10-2010 19:47:03)

#5 07-10-2010 19:02:40

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Big Rage + Ergue  = Cigue

Soriek + Ergue = Mashtok

Cigue + Mashtok = Abomination.

If my memory serves me correctly.

.: I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar :.

#6 07-10-2010 19:10:37

MoonFever
Habitant de Guem

So far,

Warrior - easier out of Kotoba
Marauder - easier out of Zil
Mage - easier out of Noz

What about Priest Decks? Which characters?

#7 07-10-2010 19:12:11

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Priests would probably be Nomads.  You can find Mercenary Priests, but I believe the Nomads are better.

#8 08-10-2010 01:01:19

Gangrel
Habitant de Guem

MoonFever a écrit :

So far,

Warrior - easier out of Kotoba
Marauder - easier out of Zil
Mage - easier out of Noz

What about Priest Decks? Which characters?

I'd change the Marauder one...
Marauder - easier for Kotoba Trackers
Thay are much cheaper and easier to obtain.

#9 08-10-2010 06:15:50

bleachman
Gardien

General deck construction tips:

When playing Warriors:
-Consider which weapons they use to gain the additional and 'free' chain effect.
-Try picking ones that use the same kind of weapon or armor.
-In average you should have around 7-8 item cards in your deck if you combine warriors that chain different cards. (e.g. 4 swords, 2 armors, 2 jewels)
-Remember when you play a specific item card on a warrior you can chain to any card you choose.
-As to action cards, it depends on your deck style. Some decks build on a more offensive style and thus have more cards that increase their attack than defense. Other way around some are more defensive.
-You are generally weak to spell damage. For that you are more tough and harder to beat down in normal combat.

When playing Marauders:
-Marauders gain additional attack against certain classes.
-Picking the right marauders depends on your play style. It mostly depends on their overall stats, attack being their largest.
-Marauders are hard hitters and you should stick with that. Concentrate on cards that increase your attack, such as [card]Assassination[/card] and add some useful daggers as well.
-Your defense score will be exceptionally low compaired to other classes, so feel free to add some defensive cards to your batch as well. Just remember attack is your main focus.

When playing Mages:
-Mages can chain spells up the ying yang. Any spell card you play with a mage (not cross classed ones) can be chained to any other card, much like it works for warriors.
-Mages should focus on high defense and spirit scores to stay alive and resilient to enemy attacks.
-Where spell damage is really effective and great (especially against warrior type decks), it should not be your only way to attack.
-Use attack boosting spells as well to enable an extra way to beat the enemy. This works good against other mage decks as well.
-A notice for the above: Mages cannot cast a damaging spell and attack teh same turn. It is either damage spells or buff spells/+Attack. Remember this when you go through your spells.

When playing Priests:
-Priests are difficult to play. They are squishy like mages and are prone to marauder attacks as well.
-Priests, however, can heal greatly and a lot. Utilise this as it is your trump when facing other decks.
-Most priest decks add some altering cards to make them stronger and change them into warriors. A kind of Paladin, if you wish.
-Another option to play priest decks, if dull and shittons of boring, is to stall until your opponent decks out. The use of rare cards like [card]A New Start[/card] is essential in this deck build.

Those are the general classes we have in this game. As to which guild and playing style, you will have to choose that and mess around with it. A lot of people mix and match and try out stuff until they find something they like. I can only suggest you do  so as well. It is hard to tell you how many cards should go into a deck, as it varies greatly on your playing style. If you wish, I could add a note to specific castes, decks built upon a special group of characters that is more or less unique compaired to other decks even from the same guild and same class. Hope these pointers give you a little insight.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#10 08-10-2010 06:53:39

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

It is hard to tell you how many cards should go into a deck, as it varies greatly on your playing style.

20 cards go into a deck with 3 characters.

#11 08-10-2010 08:28:50

bleachman
Gardien

Breezy414 a écrit :

It is hard to tell you how many cards should go into a deck, as it varies greatly on your playing style.

20 cards go into a deck with 3 characters.

You and I both know what I meant. tongue

Your. Mom. xD

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#12 08-10-2010 13:57:07

MoonFever
Habitant de Guem

Thanks to all for the info!  There wasn't a general advice thread here yet, and this one is filling at least my need for that (maybe we can get this stickied?).

As for Castes, currently for the the weekly trophy, I'm playing around with the Pack.  I have to pick up Faceless, but I have the other two.  I know I have to get Bestials also...time to save up...any other advice for that caste?

Also, I picked up Marlok the repentant, since when I played MtG, I loved discard decks, though I know the viability is low.  I was thinking of comboing with the Marauder witchblade, and another Marauder, so that I can play the other discard card, and still have some melee viability.  The minus Spirit kinda sucks, but I figure sticking to straight up damage spells that don't rely on Spirit may be the way to go for that...

#13 14-12-2010 18:29:41

Ergonomic Cat
Voyageur

I'm really enjoying the witchblades.

Useful spells for them:

Sword of light (+1a +1s +2 health if Nos)
Smoking arrows (straight 3-5)
Burn in Hell (2-4 AoE)
Water spell thatgives +1 def to all.
spell that does damage based on spells in your discard
Magic Attack (opp def =0)

Pied de page des forums