Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 12-12-2010 04:21:06

eggman
Ptit nouveau

Show character levels when matchmaking

When training up new character cards, your level and ELO may not reflect the quality of the deck at all. Perhaps adding a stat showing the total of your character card levels in matchmaking (at least in the training rooms) would lead to more evenly matched battles.

#2 12-12-2010 06:38:54

Glasher
Guémélite

Re : Show character levels when matchmaking

I thought of this idea to but it needs a lot of precision. Itd be a huge update for the current matchmaking system which isn't simple. I think it would be easier to add an additional room for just this idea. Rooms that you could only enter if your deck character levels met a certain average requirement. 1 2 or 3 rounded up or down depending on user votes. This room would be just like the level room but rather than player level it would be based on deck level averages.

But I am no wiz with the current coding and networking so it really doesnt seem possible. If we had an ingame chat it would be much easier to just say wha tyour looking for to find a match.

Try joining chat rooms or meeting peopel on fb to do evo or spar or w/e. There are always other options.

Dernière modification par Glasher (12-12-2010 06:40:02)

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#3 12-12-2010 14:36:39

Pizz
Habitant de Guem

People were complaining at the beginning of the game because they wanted something to show the level of the deck of each player. Staff accepted, so they putted an arrow next to each player in the gameroom ; the arrow would be red, yellow or green to show you if the opponent's deck was on your level, below or above.

This system was trashed because we were complaining even more ! It's impossible to show the level of a deck compared to another : how do you rate cards ? Do you rate it based on rarity ? Do you give a "power level" to each of the 600 cards ?
If you do it based on rarity, someone playing 3 [card]Cursed big blade[/card] is rated higher than someone playing 1 [card]The best defense[/card] and 1 [card]Kensenseï[/card] ?
If you give a power level to each card, how much is worth [card]All is fair in love...[/card] compared to [card]Up your ass[/card] ? What is it worth if the player is only playing All is fair in love... and not [card]And in war[/card] ?

Dernière modification par Pizz (12-12-2010 14:40:13)

#4 13-12-2010 00:30:15

hallaman3
Campeur

I agree, but only monitor power levels of the characters.

#5 13-12-2010 18:37:17

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

A system to differentiate the different power levels of decks takes a lot of effort to be done and evened out, but it would bring eredan to another "level" ( I suppose you can understand what i meant ).

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I actually gave a better thought at this and came up with a much more simple system.

Here is how the system works:

Tier 1 - Bronze League

In the Bronze League your characters' max level is 2. There are many card restrictions in your deck building here. Example of forbidden cards for the Bronze League: Assassination, Living Dagger ( and its evolutions ), Rain of Death, Quick Draw, Solaris, Divine Light, Overwhelming Victory,Manipulation, No Unique cards allowed, No Legendary cards allowed....( and others).

Tier 2 - Silver League

In the Silver League your characters' max level is 3. There are some card restrictions in your deck building here. Example of forbidden cards for the Silver League: No Legendary cards allowed...( and some others)

Tier 3 - Gold League

In the Gold League there are no restrictions other than the ones that currently apply to the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I suppose that is a decent start!
Given 2 weeks i suppose anyone with deep understanding of the game could come up with a full list of cards that are not allowed in each tier. Of course the list would need updates on a regular basis, but that is the funny part of many online games, the updates.

The player would then be introduced to this system when he reaches lvl 11. Before level 11 he will just play in usual level rooms. After level 11 the level rooms would no longer exist. They would be changed by the League ( tier ) rooms.

To put it simple: the problem with different tiers being based just on character level is that some decks are great even at low level. Example : Courtesans.
But Courtesans are only great when they can use their specific cards. This is the same situation for almost all "low" level great character cards.

If you put restriction to the cards in the deck itself you can have a simple yet effective solution.

Dernière modification par Seraph (13-12-2010 22:19:34)

#6 14-12-2010 01:37:25

raelian
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

that's not fair for the zils their chars got much more lvls than others

poder zil

#7 14-12-2010 03:04:06

manuelt66
Habitant de Guem

the problem of that sistem is that a player may be able to play in more than one league and then the decks are the ones that are in the leagues not the player, maybe impletenting something like that just to indicate the decks of the player for example put a bronze mark if it is bronze tier ect

another way not as effectiva as this would be just show the character level of each deck, for example is someone is playing full zil marauders u can show 6 - 5 -4 or something like that, also show if the character is fully evolved would help since character that are max at level 3 are more powerfull at this level than characters that continue evolving

#8 14-12-2010 06:43:12

ledeir
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : MA, USA

I can give a suggestion on how to rate the cards which requires little coding.
The market tracks average sales price.
People pay what the cards are worth to them.

Using the current average sales price of cards, calculate people's deck value.
This value can be calculated when you enter the game rooms and it should just be a simple database query to get.

Another benefit to this is that players can't complain that the development team unfairly rated their deck. The other players did and you have a large enough player base that it would take significant effort to artificially sway the value.

#9 14-12-2010 08:06:58

JarodG64
Eredanien
Lieu : Parcourant les terres de Guem

Are you kidding ?

And what about the new cards each week ?
Their prices are sky high for at least 3 days. With your system it would be useless to play a new character because it would over evaluate your deck.

As Pizz said a system evaluating the strength of the deck was coded by the admins after we asked. OK the calculation wasn't perfect but the real problem was that no one wanted to play against someone with a deck only slightly better than theirs.

Dernière modification par JarodG64 (14-12-2010 08:07:23)

#10 14-12-2010 13:06:56

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

@raelian: In my system suggestion, if you want to play with fully leveled team you just need to play in the Gold League. Zils are known to have some of the BEST characters in the game given no support from cards in your hand, so it is only natural they won't be playable in the lower leagues. You could also play with The Pack if you want to play with a Zil team which would be a good choice in the Silver League.

@manuelt66: I don't see a problem with this. Keep in mind the game has only 1 kind of level room when you reach level 14. This game is not like chess which requires a lot of tactical and strategy thinking, rather it is more based on deck building and luck. If you are level 11, for example, and don't have the money to compete in the Silver/Gold League then just stick to the Bronze League. There will be almost no difference between a level 20 and a level 11 player.

@ledeir: It is just like JarodG64 said. The market prices float a lot. Also, what about cards that aren't for sale in the market, and what about cards with a "fake" price in the market? What about weekly trophy cards ( they can't be sold in the market ) ?

@JarodG64: I am afraid this actually never changed. I mean, nobody likes playing against a stronger deck than theirs. This feeling still remains in the hearts and minds of every player. Also, did you read my system suggestion? It seems to be pretty accurate to me.

#11 14-12-2010 14:17:24

Squarta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Italy

I like Seraph system.It seems to help the deck building process.It stimulates players creativity too.
The only cons to the system is maybe the attention required by Devs about new cards,when and where to put them in the right league.Because metagame is important in Seraph's league and a card could become less or more powerful depending on what other cards are avalaible for building deck.

#12 14-12-2010 17:07:33

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

JarodG64 a écrit :

Are you kidding ?

And what about the new cards each week ?
Their prices are sky high for at least 3 days. With your system it would be useless to play a new character because it would over evaluate your deck.

As Pizz said a system evaluating the strength of the deck was coded by the admins after we asked. OK the calculation wasn't perfect but the real problem was that no one wanted to play against someone with a deck only slightly better than theirs.

Its relatively easy to prevent the new cards from skewing things too horribly.
Until either a set amount of time has passed, or there has been a set amount of sales, you can have a value based on rarity.

Option B is to give each deck a rating based on average card value rather than a sum of values. In that case you can ignore cards which do not have enough data and calculate the value without them.

As for your second point, that's a concern in the current system as well. people seem to be choosing the lowest level bracketed room they can. And inside that room those who don't use the random button seem to challenge the lowest level player they can find.

Perhaps I should have started a new thread instead of replying to an existing one... I don't think you need to tell the players how each deck compares to theirs. You just need to put them in a room with similarly rated decks. Unless you are playing for elo rating, all you need to know is that you are playing against a deck about as good as yours.

#13 14-12-2010 17:22:54

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Pennsylvania, USA
Site Web

Gosh, you could go as far as to say there could be something with a score based on the average stat value of the characters in a deck.
Here's a list.  You'd find the averages on the right-hand side.

This of course, does not account for the fact that there are 20 other cards in there.  Perhaps a points system that limits the amount of "rarity" in a deck for different rooms.  Then, people are playing on the same rarity level, don't quite have too many exploits, legendaries, etc.  This is probably something already suggested though.

Somewhere between happiness and dreading the Apocalypse.
See where your character cards stand against the full list.

#14 14-12-2010 17:34:16

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

@Seraph's system

Its an interesting concept but it seems to prevent people from slowly transitioning their decks from one tier to another.

You have a flat cutoff meaning you can't slowly improve your deck. The second you include a restricted card you are the next level.

Another thing to consider is a system that that supports leveling characters up only to sell them since you can't use them and stay in your tier. Whether or not this is a good thing is up for debate.

Its a start, but it doesn't really do enough...
(in my opinion)

#15 14-12-2010 17:36:03

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

XenoZangotta a écrit :

Gosh, you could go as far as to say there could be something with a score based on the average stat value of the characters in a deck.
Here's a list.  You'd find the averages on the right-hand side.

This of course, does not account for the fact that there are 20 other cards in there.  Perhaps a points system that limits the amount of "rarity" in a deck for different rooms.  Then, people are playing on the same rarity level, don't quite have too many exploits, legendaries, etc.  This is probably something already suggested though.

Interesting file... I'll have to look more at it later!

#16 14-12-2010 17:41:26

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

@XenoZangoota: You've already said it....

The average scores of character do not represent their actual strenght. Each character card has a set of action/spell/items that are used with them and even specific character combinations which multiply their strenght.

About the second part of your suggestion, related to the rarity of cards: It has already been said before. Although many rare cards are excellent, some of them are just terrible. Rarity does not, directly, represent the usefullness of a card. As an example: RoD is an uncommon card, and it is clearly a better card than Arcanium, which is a rare card.

@Squarta: Thanks for the input. I agree with you. According to my suggestion the developers would need to keep watch over cards because, like you said, a card that today is called half-decent can later on be amazing when new cards arrive.

Pied de page des forums