Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 07-12-2010 13:15:28

Dandeman
Campeur

Lost void a bug?

This is directed the developers of the game. I can fully understand why Lightning bolts is not chainable from lvl2 on as it would be too powerful in combination with other spells, so I don't understand why that "unchainability" gets lost when "the hungry void" is played. Maybe that should be revised.

#2 07-12-2010 13:31:57

bleachman
Gardien

Re : Lost void a bug?

Use [card]Anathematize[/card]. Problem of terrible AoE clonings gone.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#3 07-12-2010 15:20:24

Dandeman
Campeur

My problem is not getting Lightning bolts back from the discard pile. My problem is that hungry void enables chaining Lightning Bolts with the Last word, and to put Anathematize into a deck only to be able to counter this one move isn't a solution. As the mages profit from their discard pile (Burn in Hell, Arcanium) I think most would agree that Anathematize would already be used to counter those two, and running a second Anathematize in a deck is self-inhibitting.

#4 07-12-2010 15:28:39

bleachman
Gardien

Dandeman a écrit :

My problem is not getting Lightning bolts back from the discard pile. My problem is that hungry void enables chaining Lightning Bolts with the Last word, and to put Anathematize into a deck only to be able to counter this one move isn't a solution. As the mages profit from their discard pile (Burn in Hell, Arcanium) I think most would agree that Anathematize would already be used to counter those two, and running a second Anathematize in a deck is self-inhibitting.

Other decks use Void as well. Not only mage decks. Look at decks that use entirely different strategies, such as [card]Items Have A Soul[/card] decks. Adding such a card to your deck, has a synergy effect against otehr decks. Not only this one.

In addition there are other cards that can null and void the Hungry Void. Yes, pun intended. If you can destroy your opponents combo, why complain? lol

#5 07-12-2010 15:29:40

steven_allen
Solarian

So, wait until LB hits the graveyard.  It's not that big of an issue.  If something is worth complaining about, its worth playing against.  There's a reason that you're the the only one.  Its because everyone else is reasonable enough to either play against a card/combo they have trouble with, or not complain about it.

Disruptor!

#6 07-12-2010 15:32:44

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

From the looks of your answer it looks like you don't want understand what Anathe does ( Sorry if you do ).
Anathe removes both ENTIRE discard piles from the game.

With 1 Anathe you can make Burn in Hell, Arcanium, Hungry Void, Items Have a Soul, and A New Start become useless or almost useless.

Also, the combo of Last Word + Hungry Void ( Lightning Bolt 3 ) is strong but it is not so simple to pull.

Because:
1)Many things can disrupt it,but i don't feel like making a list of cards able to do so.
2) It is a 3 card combo and two of them are UNIQUE while one of them needs to be in your discard pile.

#7 07-12-2010 15:45:10

raelian
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

not that many to disrupt cause is aoe but i have powned a player by using a dark stone heart

poder zil

#8 07-12-2010 15:48:12

bleachman
Gardien

raelian a écrit :

not that many to disrupt cause is aoe but i have powned a player by using a dark stone heart

Not many cards, but for that really powerful ones. Cards used in a lot of decks actually.

#9 07-12-2010 16:23:12

Dandeman
Campeur

Ok, since I seem to be the inexperienced lvl 18 newbie here, maybe 1 of you can help me out with a tip. I'm running the big Kotoba deck (Iro, Gakyusha, Asajiro). I have 1 Anathematize in my deck.
Turn 1: Prophet vs Asajiro (can't kill Prophet, 2x ice-barrier), damage to Asajiro -2hp, 11 remaining, my opponent dropped 3 cards.
Turn 2: Gakyusha vs Aeronaut (can't kill aeronaut, illusionary reflection, 1 ice barrier) damage to Gakyusha 0, 13hp remaining. opponent dropped 2 cards, LB is in discard pile
Turn 3: Pilkim vs Iro, Last word (Spirit +8 =13) Hungry void LB = 15 magic damage to all my characters, game over.
Any suggestions how to work around that without being lucky to draw Anathematize before turn 3?
B4 someone cries Obesity, do consider that Kotoba are defense based, so def=2 side-effect is not a reasonable option. Also dropping as many cards as my opponent on the search for anathematize is also no option because the Kotoba need equipment to be effective.
I'm open for suggestions.

#10 07-12-2010 16:38:54

bleachman
Gardien

Obesity is indeed a defense lowering card in kotoba decks. It later on comes down to it, if you'd rather lose 1-2 defense and mess up an opponents combo, such as TTD + Assassination, or even the team killing Void LB3 combo, or die miserably.

How do you intend on getting equipment back from your discard pile in the ever lasting search for Anth in your deck? As far as I know Kots don't really do discard pile playing. Thats mostly a Zil strategy.

You could also run some spirit enhancing cards such as Randori or Runic Gauntlet to increase your spirit score, thus your defense against enemy spell attacks.

You could also just accept that Kot Warriors are ALWAYS prone to mages of any kind. Just because your deck struggles against it, heck even other decks too, doesn't mean it is unbearable and impossible to get rid of.

#11 07-12-2010 16:45:34

kappa1uk
Campeur

I think it was me that did that to you.

Sometimes this game is about luck. I play the Noz mages and there have been plenty of times i have lost to Kots (well not plenty) because they either aneth my discard or i didnt pull LB3 before turn 4 or 5.

So it happens to us all.

Pop in and say Hi to the English Speaking population of Eredan.
Live chat for all comers. http://xat.com/EredanUnite

#12 07-12-2010 16:54:33

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

First of all, Kotoba is widely known to don't have a good match-up against Noz mages, and i am saying this in general, not just because of the Last Word + Void combo.

Second, such a defensive setup for Noz mages is quite rare. So that is not a really good example.

Third, Obesity is an option. Although counter-productive in many situations like you said,using 1x of it may be your surprise weapon against some decks.

#13 07-12-2010 17:23:52

Dandeman
Campeur

I guess everyone here apart from me must have a NozMage deck, I can't see any other reason why you guys say 45 AoE damage in turn 3 is OK. That's something no other deck can do.

#14 07-12-2010 17:27:39

bleachman
Gardien

Dandeman a écrit :

I guess everyone here apart from me must have a NozMage deck, I can't see any other reason why you guys say 45 AoE damage in turn 3 is OK. That's something no other deck can do.

I refuse to play most noz cards. Ask anybody. lol

#15 07-12-2010 17:44:31

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

I play Zil....I can't be the kettle and call the pot black.

At the same time, I'm on the reverse. I can kill Noz easily. Distraction works wonders. Koto warriors I can't kill ever.

Everyone has their nemesis.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

Pied de page des forums