Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 23-11-2010 04:35:56

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

Kot Warriors; Meta Suicide?

Im currently running a Kot Warrior deck, standard stuff, Iro, Lord Gakyusha and Asajiro . The deck itself mostly consists of a modded Kot standard deck, but the majority of it is stock. So my question is, if I continue along the way I am, is my deck going to get murdered later down the road by some of the other stronger meta game decks, and is there a way that I can give myself a fighting chance without dropping tens of thousands of crystals on one card?

Note: I forgot to mention that I am lvl 10, and my Iro and Asajiro are lvl 2, Lord gakyusha is a measly level one

Dernière modification par Warhound90 (23-11-2010 04:49:46)

#2 23-11-2010 06:14:16

bleachman
Gardien

Re : Kot Warriors; Meta Suicide?

Mages

Edit: Noz Mages

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#3 23-11-2010 06:17:18

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

No, not really. You'll be playing a lot of mirror matches though.

Kot's are cool because they start off solid and remain solid and only get better the better equipment you get. Thing is, you'll be running into many people who have the same deck, and sometimes have better equipment.

Honest to god, taking Noz or Zil into consideration when building and leveling your deck isn't worth your worries. Just build it and have fun. Eventually you'll begin to slaughter folk and all will be right with the world when you find a strategy that works with your playstyle.

#4 23-11-2010 06:28:28

bleachman
Gardien

If you are going for meta gaming you will encounter a lot of zil and noz decks. Kots might be okay for most casual players, but they're still not dominant compaired to certain other deck builds. If you are looking for an elo competative deck, suit up against noz mages.

#5 23-11-2010 16:59:11

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

I rarely stray out of the safety of the level rooms, so I dont know a whole lot about the state of the meta game, only that zil and Noz mage decks were common. I was wondering, should I try to build the deck against Noz mages, what would I use?

Dernière modification par Warhound90 (23-11-2010 17:00:04)

#6 23-11-2010 17:29:27

Ryken
stupid donkey

Building a deck against 1 type of deck is a good way to leave yourself vulnerable to others. In all honesty I would simply play a deck that I enjoy playing and stick with that.

#7 23-11-2010 18:08:03

bleachman
Gardien

Ryken a écrit :

In all honesty I would simply play a deck that I enjoy playing and stick with that.

How could you recommend that in a thread, in which somebody is asking for tips/advice on competative gaming? lol

@OP If you ask me, I would suggest you toss in a couple cards to counter opposing magic spells. [card]Randori[/card] is probably one o the best cards to have as it instantly buffs up your spirit score by two.

#8 23-11-2010 18:28:31

Ryken
stupid donkey

bleachman a écrit :
Ryken a écrit :

In all honesty I would simply play a deck that I enjoy playing and stick with that.

How could you recommend that in a thread, in which somebody is asking for tips/advice on competative gaming? lol

Simple; because it's the truth.

You can suggest decks but they may not the way someone wants to play them. Or they may be too expensive. Some decks, like Courts (the deck I play) are gimped without cards like Manipulation to support them. Or Fireballs/Lightning Bolt Lv3 in Noz. Or Assassination in Zil. Sure, there are replacement cards but really certain decks don't come onto their own without buying packs or saving up forever for certain cards.

So in the meantime, all you can do is play whatever you enjoy playing and stick with it. Kots aren't bad late in the game or at later levels at all. This game is balanced more so then most other I've played, and half the fun is figuring out what YOU want to play, not what others suggest or SAY is the best.

If that were the case then there's be all sorts of blubbering on how Noz and Zil are the best, or how they win 90% of the time in Elo Rooms.

So the short answer becomes this; play what's comfortable/fun for YOU. I remember trying Zil after Kots and I hated it (personal opinion) because I had NO defense, but not enough funds to buy the big guns. I hated Noz because I had no spells and saving up for them was a pain. Kots are cheap and effective, so i stuck with that. But there are others who love the rushing beats of Zil and the complex mechanics of Noz.

It's your choice. Have fun figuring it out.

#9 23-11-2010 18:49:08

bleachman
Gardien

You seem to not understand that he is already comfortable with the choice he made in decks and is only asking for some tips on how to survive the meta gaming. O_o

#10 23-11-2010 19:40:29

Hansi
Habitant de Guem

Warhound90 a écrit :

Im currently running a Kot Warrior deck, standard stuff, Iro, Lord Gakyusha and Asajiro . The deck itself mostly consists of a modded Kot standard deck, but the majority of it is stock. So my question is, if I continue along the way I am, is my deck going to get murdered later down the road by some of the other stronger meta game decks, and is there a way that I can give myself a fighting chance without dropping tens of thousands of crystals on one card?

Note: I forgot to mention that I am lvl 10, and my Iro and Asajiro are lvl 2, Lord gakyusha is a measly level one

as already said, Randori is nice vs mages.
Fierce Lion also.
both cards are really cheap!
if you want to spent some more money, buy keep your guard up! gives you 2 extra hp + instant weapon activation.
you could also play Akutsai, that beast is a Mage killer!
and go for 3x Emperors Speach + 3 Wakizashi (really expensive now..)
+ some Live Devourer
Kotobas arent that bad if played right, and they have the style! big_smile

Dernière modification par Hansi (23-11-2010 19:45:46)

#11 23-11-2010 20:45:02

Azloki
Campeur

go for 3x Emperors Speach + 3 Wakizashi (really expensive now..)
+ some Live Devourer

NEVER EVER go with more than 6 weapons in your deck!

#12 23-11-2010 21:02:50

Azloki
Campeur

Kot warrior deck doesn't perform good in ELO. The biggest threads are noz and courts.
The price to build a Kot deck is also high, around 200K~300K to build one.

I have been talking to so many pros, and their deck ranks are like this:
1# Noz
2. Courts
3 Zil

Make your own decision

#13 24-11-2010 04:59:18

bleachman
Gardien

Azloki a écrit :

+ some Live Devourer

Not really sound advice. Depending on the deck playing more could be welcomed and offer some awesome possibilities.

#14 24-11-2010 18:26:53

Azloki
Campeur

bleachman a écrit :
Azloki a écrit :

+ some Live Devourer

Not really sound advice. Depending on the deck playing more could be welcomed and offer some awesome possibilities.

OK then you should give us some examples for the kot warrior decks, which more than 6 weapons.

#15 25-11-2010 05:33:44

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

For starters, I never said that I would like to completely change my deck type, I rather like my Kot warriors, however gimpy they may be at this point. I appreciate the suggestions, although I question the logic behind packing 3 emperors speech+ 3 wakisashi alongside some life devorers, because I could never make use of that many weapons. Randori sounds like the way to go, and some of the other suggestions will take some saving but in the long run sound like they will work out pretty well. Also, I dont really care if I win or lose in the elo rooms, I was just thinking of branching out of the level rooms without being ENTIRELY crushed in 3 turns by a better constucted deck.

#16 25-11-2010 12:36:53

Martenus
Campeur

Noz is maybe the strongest Deck on paper but it is not for real Zil warriors is alot stronger because it works better and is more constant. Dont you think there is some reason why Zils are to 3 this week again all 3 players used the same deck basicly and the week before and the week before. it simply works better in the Tournament Module and as long that dosnt change no other Deck will really rival there.

And back to Topic Kot Warriors are "THE" Zil killer Decker there is.

#17 26-11-2010 18:36:48

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

Martenus a écrit :

Noz is maybe the strongest Deck on paper but it is not for real Zil warriors is alot stronger because it works better and is more constant. Dont you think there is some reason why Zils are to 3 this week again all 3 players used the same deck basicly and the week before and the week before. it simply works better in the Tournament Module and as long that dosnt change no other Deck will really rival there.

And back to Topic Kot Warriors are "THE" Zil killer Decker there is.

Im not really sure how this helps. I understand that Zil is currently the leading guild in terms of tournament deck builds, my question was what additions could I make to my deck to combat those formats.

#18 27-11-2010 00:22:06

Azloki
Campeur

Well, try sap heart, [card]items have a soul[/card].

You can probably win the ZIl warrior deck.

#19 27-11-2010 00:23:43

Azloki
Campeur

The downside of sap heart item deck is that one obesity can destroy your whole deck.

#20 27-11-2010 16:23:09

Ryken
stupid donkey

Azloki a écrit :

The downside of sap heart item deck is that one obesity can destroy your whole deck.

Only if you play it on their turn. hmm

Pied de page des forums