Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 13-11-2010 19:10:14

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

Easy Peezy, Quick and Easy: Sap Soulstorm

NOTE: This is all my opinion. If you disagree, don't be blunt and rude. Let's keep it civil, hm? big_smile

I've seen lots of people ask about what kind of deck they should run and what kind of Beatdown they should put together...or something, I dunno. Anyways, whenever I see a suggestion of Zil being a the best beats I tilt my head a little, wondering why. Sure, they have powerful characters, and sure they're EZ Mode compared to other alternate beatdowns (Merc Beats, as an example) but the BEST?

...well, maybe.

But Sap Hearts got them beat in EZ Mode, believe that.

Characters: 03
Elder Mailandar
Red-Mark
Rargnor

Actions: 06
[3] Items Have a Soul
[3] Watcher

Equipment/Items: 14
[1] Sword of the 5 Elders
[1] Scroll of the Insane
[1] Scroll of Weakness
[1] Scroll of Frailty
[1] Totemic Shield
[1] Simple Dagger
[1] Simple Shield
[1] Short Sword
[1] Healing Balm
[1] Fury Potion
[1] Idol of Life
[1] Simple Axe
[1] Spear
[1] Flail

What do you do? Dump ALL item cards into your discard pile and on turn 4 go to town with Items Have a Soul. That's about it. This is probably the cheapest beatdown deck in the existence of Eredan at the moment, and most of the items you see here can be easily replaced with cheaper ones, like the Curse Items, for example.

The only real problems, I think, would be getting Rargnor (which can be substituted for Bearcupine, but that's me) and Items Have a Soul itself. But compared to something like, say, Assassination, then you're getting off easy when you're pulling off killing blows turn 4. Unless your opponent is extremely defensive, that is, which is why you can chain anything past turn 6 (when all your opponent's characters should be dead) into Watcher, which then you can still chain Items Have a Soul to keep the flow of murder going. Easy, simple and effective.

A warning, though; the increasing popular Courtesans will still be a hard match-up, if not impossible. The only real way to beat them is if they don't draw into Manipulation and hopefully don't play Councilor Ishaia (Level 3) coupled with Ice Barrier. If they run both? Well...good luck.

Dernière modification par Ryken (14-11-2010 04:07:36)

#2 13-11-2010 19:44:55

steven_allen
Solarian

Re : Easy Peezy, Quick and Easy: Sap Soulstorm

I run a Hom'Chi deck as well, and courts don't pose a HUGE threat.  You just have to make sure you keep track of your deck management.  That is really the only issue I've run into so far, besides of course, the Noz, but I don't even take them into consideration when I build decks anymore.  I'd sub one of your items out, maybe Sword of Five Elders, and add a Perforator.  The spears can keep hopes alive if you run into an Anathematize or a well placed Obesity.  And if you don't end up needing them, they're discarded along with Items Have a Soul anyways.

Disruptor!

#3 13-11-2010 21:46:48

Martenus
Campeur

Zils really fear this Deck because really all Zils in Elo run 2-3 obesitys now. Downsside i never seen one in Elo i hoped more would play it so maybe more varity in tournaments.

#4 14-11-2010 10:11:48

Vandago
Ptit nouveau

I just played vs this deck and came to forum to complain, when I found ***bip*** post.

This is insane! I mean 20+ damage and 15 - 18 armor? What the frack is this?

Items have a sould really needs to be tone down, I would sugest a cap in damage/armor to +5. It will still be very powerfull, but not waaaay above the power curve as it is right now.

#5 14-11-2010 11:43:40

Spasm
Voyageur

This argument has already started and hopefully ended there are ways to counter items have a soul, and at the moment its the most competative part of sap hearts so it shouldnt change.

Running this deck however, chances are if you dont kill all opposing characters in turns 4,5 and 6 (and thats very likely if the opposing player counters even one items have a soul) you will most likely lose from having a lack of drawable cards, and that is the huge problem I have with this deck.

#6 14-11-2010 13:28:32

Hansi
Habitant de Guem

this deck is just perfect for the timeless one trophy big_smile

#7 14-11-2010 14:42:14

Ryken
stupid donkey

Spasm a écrit :

Running this deck however, chances are if you dont kill all opposing characters in turns 4,5 and 6 (and thats very likely if the opposing player counters even one items have a soul) you will most likely lose from having a lack of drawable cards, and that is the huge problem I have with this deck.

False. Running 3 Watcher will net you...well, 3 more chances to kill them.

#8 14-11-2010 14:44:22

Mike_Magnus
Campeur

I ran into this deck in the training room yesterday. I was leveling nomad priests at the time.  A well placed Divine Intervention caused him to rage/quit.  In the training room...

#9 14-11-2010 15:18:35

jfzero
Campeur

[Quote = Mike_Magnus] I ran this deck Into In The training room yesterday. I Was leveling nomad Priest at The Time. A well Placed Divine Intervention Caused HIM to rage / quit. In the training room ...[/ quote]
Lol ......

epicfailbc.jpg

Dernière modification par jfzero (14-11-2010 15:20:35)

[MSN] Guild Member
Hangin Around Here http://xat.com/englisheredan

#10 14-11-2010 17:51:45

SlyTechs
Habitant de Guem

Mike_Magnus a écrit :

I ran into this deck in the training room yesterday. I was leveling nomad priests at the time.  A well placed Divine Intervention caused him to rage/quit.  In the training room...

Heyyy, that was me...and yea, divine intervention blew me up...and i didnt rage quit...i couldnt click on end turn button...didnt appear...bugs sometimes, but yeah, obesity and Divine Intervention can really kill the deck...cuz giving the opponent 18 defense is not what im hoping for tongue oh well, was great matchup, and Noz jus destroy this deck...0 spirit homchais...no need to nerf it

#11 14-11-2010 19:06:18

Ryken
stupid donkey

I was wrong in my previous post; for some reason, even if you use Watcher and put a Items have a Soul in your deck it'll STILL make you lose despite having another card to draw. A bug I'm sure.

Zil do NOT kill this deck (well, it's not an auto loss yikes). The odds of A Zil deck getting 3 one shots on you is ASTRONOMICALLY low, as a character dying doesn't change a damn thing. I've won with one character by turn 6 before. The only thing that changes, really, is that now you only fight with one character. The strategy doesn't change in the least.

NOTE: I said the odds were LOW, not IMPOSSIBLE. I'm sure there are Zil decks that have done this before, but getting 3 one shots in a row and ending the game turn 3 should probably net you a trophy.:)

ALSO! Noz do not automatically kill this deck either. It's hard to counter their assault should they have, like, 3 Fireballs, but I've net my fair share of wins from the jaws of defeat. It IS a tough match though. hmm

Dernière modification par Ryken (14-11-2010 19:08:45)

#12 14-11-2010 21:38:21

Mike_Magnus
Campeur

Hey Sly, sorry about that ragequit comment.  It's just that it said you had left the game.  That's happened to me before, too.  It would have been a great game.  Maybe we should try again sometime

#13 14-11-2010 22:07:17

Yugimonz
Habitant de Guem

i have yet to loose against this kinda deck yet. i use courts anti meta build so i for sure one run anthemize as well as 2 council decisions. A top tier noz deck would beat this kinda deck.

#14 14-11-2010 23:44:56

Ryken
stupid donkey

Yugimonz a écrit :

i have yet to loose against this kinda deck yet. i use courts anti meta build so i for sure one run anthemize as well as 2 council decisions. A top tier noz deck would beat this kinda deck.

I've asked this before, but describe a Top Tier Noz Deck?

#15 16-11-2010 06:00:40

SlyTechs
Habitant de Guem

Mike_Magnus a écrit :

Hey Sly, sorry about that ragequit comment.  It's just that it said you had left the game.  That's happened to me before, too.  It would have been a great game.  Maybe we should try again sometime

meh, this deck fails alot...cant really win much...but you cant imagine how joyful it is for me to see a full koto deck lose to my lv1 deck in a tourney...ohh boy, guy must be pissed...20 attack, and 18 defense hero just like that...he must cry alot lol

#16 16-11-2010 06:21:14

Ryken
stupid donkey

SlyTechs a écrit :

meh, this deck fails alot...cant really win much...

I can't imagine how you must know this, unless you've played this deck over and over again. I've won with this deck more times then not, and when I DO lose, it's either to my error in judgment or decking myself out.

#17 16-11-2010 07:39:02

Martenus
Campeur

First learn the rules is not about to be able to draw a card its about to be able to draw cards until you have  5 cards !!!!!! so even you use watcher and you only have 3 cards or less left on your hand you lose. Second Zil deck will win 99% of the time if he plays 3 Obsesitys. Is not about oneshot alone he just counters you every item have a soul and you deck does abseloutly noting than. Until you die thats the problem with one trick ponys. Top Noz will oneshot you even more than zil and even you play items have a soul he will ether play Mirage and have more armor than you or he plays just  2 damge spells sure he dies but thanks too your 0 spirit chars you die too! so until round 3 you lose 1 chars  allready and than you match up chars with him in the end he will have one left and you lose again.

i say it again items have a soul needs no nerf ! is a strong card sure but Saps need something atleast since the nerfed the double attacks to printed low score. Iam really up to give tham even more strong Cards ! Hynotic melody is good and items have a soul is good but the need more i think.

#18 16-11-2010 10:04:14

Ryken
stupid donkey

Um, no. Zil running 3 Obesity will only win every time if you're dumb enough to play Items Have a Soul on their turn. So that throws your "99% Winning Theory" out the window.

Noz, on the other hand, are a tough match up in any case. The nice thing about this deck is that even if 2 of your characters are dead you can still win, easily. BUT, because the Hom'Chai have no spirit, they have no defense. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

#19 16-11-2010 16:44:41

steven_allen
Solarian

I like to play a quick draw or two for early game with rargnar.  If you're lucky enough to get it on initiative, you've got a nice chance of dealing some real damage with Rargnar.  I also like to run some functional items, just in case.  A perforator and a Guardian Spear can be equipped early, and thrown with IHAS later on if you like. 

To the, "OMG ZIL WINS NOZ WINS!" guys:  Who fucking cares if the top two decks beat you?  Get an ounce of originality.  Some people like to try new things, and break from the mold a bit.  I don't even take Noz mages into account them I'm deck building anymore.  It's just a fact of the game that 9/10 times, they're going to pull out a win.  Somewhere deep down, the Devs had a soft spot for mages or something. 

And as for the "OMG OP NERF!" guys.  If you can't beat 1 card, quit.  It's too easy.  I played a guy the other day who discarded do to about 7 cards just to get anathematize.  And guess what?  HE WON!  I had already played two IHAS and was moving in for the kill, and then bam, nothing.  lol.  A) Kill them first; B) Fuck the discard.  Too. Easy.

Disruptor!

#20 16-11-2010 17:10:36

bleachman
Gardien

We already had a simular thread based on the discussion, whether or not IHAS is overpowered or not. Now, before some people cry out and scream OP at the top of their lungs, please take a moment, read this post and take some of the thoughts mentioned in it into consideration, before you consider calling IHAS (and pretty much any other topic unrelated card for that matter) overpowered.

-How often do you actually encounter such a deck in level rooms, tournaments and elo rooms?
[Answer for this topic is: slim to hardly at all. Its just not competative enough with the big end decks.]

-What can you do to disrupt such a deck?
[Answer pertaining to IHAS: A lot. A lot of cards can destroy this cards effectiveness and render the user helpless. I wont name any cards as they have been listed often enough. If you cannot think of any, I would highly recommend you browse through the cards in the marketplace and get acquainted with them before you even consider yelling 'OP!'.]

-How much does it cost to make an effective deck based on this strategy?
[This is going to sound heartless, but if you can afford it, that usually means it is not that great. Cards and combos that prove the greater threats in our card game tend to be really expensive and hard to obtain, for exactly the reason that they are good. If its a cheapo strategy you and most people can pull off, it means it is far from being too strong. Remember, people play the strongest combos, not the weakest.]

To the concerns regarding certain decks beating other decks. It happens, it is a card game and you cannot win 100% of the time. Some deck types will always be more popular, because they are easy to make, efficient and do not require you actually thinking to play. Card games have always had strong meta decks running that would often beat other decks. It is no different here, than it is in any other game.

Playing irregular, uncommmon or even rare deck types is perfectly normal and personally I respect anyone who has the balls to play something 90% of the other players aren't. This deck belongs to that field, though I personally would alter it and not focus entirely on IHAS, as it is really easy to disrupt and ruin. It is definately a great support card, and even running it to hit half of what most people atempt, makes it already a pretty valuable card.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

Pied de page des forums