Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-11-2010 10:31:55

Dantesan
Solarian

Results for the 25th Amnezy Tournament!

After a week of incredible battles, we have our winners for the 25th ELO Amnezy Tournament.

4ScG9oxt.png

1st: 4000 Crystals + the Collector's card "Knackered" : Andrew_Atherton (Elo 2226)
2nd : 3000 Crystals + the Collector"s card "Knackered : Stoon (Elo 2147)
3rd : 2000 Crystals + the Collector"s card "Knackered" : Shingen (Elo 2142)

Those who won 1000 Crystals :dracorn, Christopher_Zeipekis, chabalou, Gringalette, roro83400, Adamas, Friman, mely, Cocapops, ZoeZoe.

Congratulations to them !

Important: This is the last Amnezy Tournament using this format. Starting next week, it will directly be integrated into the tournament module. For this occasion we will double gains for next week winners!

Your Temporary Elo has been set back to 1500, a new tournament is now underway and will finish in a week.
Until next monday at 10h00, challenge people in the ELO room. After this period, we will stop the Elo ranks in order to figure out the winners.

To win :

1st : 8000 Crystals + Two collector cards
2nd: 6000 Crystals + Two collector cards
3rd : 4000 Crystals + Two collector cards
In addition to this, a random draw will be made on 10 participants who will pocket 2000 Crystals.

Eredan iTCG, Online trading card game.
Find this game on facebook too Facebook !

US BLOG: http://blogus.eredan.com/index.php/en

FRENCH BLOG: http://blog.eredan.com/index.php

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#2 02-11-2010 11:42:02

Politikas
Habitant de Guem

Re : Results for the 25th Amnezy Tournament!

Corect me if I'm wrong, but you are taking down ELO mode that worked for tournaments what is one of least liked features of this game? And we will have to pay 500 crystals every time we want to play ELO?

#3 02-11-2010 12:52:05

bleachman
Gardien

I am rather disappointed that the halloween tournament added to elo stats. Seeing as the people on the top this week mostly farmed low level/weak players instead of actually battling for real against players their level/strength. Especially since one of them has spent well over 65 hours over the past 3 and a half days doing the above mentioned slaughtering of lowbies. hmm

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#4 02-11-2010 13:01:32

Martenus
Campeur

look at the elo ratings this week 2245 for the winner the highest Elo ever !!! The Elo winner also won the Helloween tournament because he played like 500 games. And the first 10 players in ELo tournament all played the same Deck !
iam with Bleachman here Tournament modul in moment  is pure Fast Decks newbie farming with alot of factors that have nothing to do with Skill.

#5 02-11-2010 13:01:45

Yugimonz
Habitant de Guem

I also agree with bleachman.

The elo room should stay.People shouldnt have to pay for elo, and if so there shouldnt be a timmer on it.

For example if  i play courts they  take a while to win.
Vs.
Zill which hits hard fast or looses fast.

That doesnt seem fair at all sad

Dernière modification par Yugimonz (02-11-2010 13:18:36)

#6 02-11-2010 13:03:40

__Tom__
Gardien

Yugimonz a écrit :

im sorry the time part needs to be changed

I don't think this will change, the time part has always been the main thing in this game.

#7 02-11-2010 13:06:43

bleachman
Gardien

You guys are understanding me wrong. I am not complaining about 'fast decks' etc, I am complaining about this tournament being elo capable. The majority of the contestants were lowbies and partially not well suited players. Beating them isn't difficult most of the time and being able to play against somebody who has 1600 elo with 2000 elo is just downright unfair. Their capabilities are too different and it makes the odds a lot more unfair than the elo tourneys already are.

#8 02-11-2010 13:19:59

bleachman
Gardien

Yugimonz a écrit :

I also agree with bleachman.

The elo room should stay.People shouldnt have to pay for elo, and if so there shouldnt be a timmer on it.

For example if  i play courts they  take a while to win.
Vs.
Zill which hits hard fast or looses fast.

That doesnt seem fair at all sad

I generally beleive we should have a different tourney format instead of teh current one. A tournament based on elimination solely would even things out and give slower decks a chance to be played too.

#9 02-11-2010 13:21:37

Yugimonz
Habitant de Guem

__Tom__ a écrit :
Yugimonz a écrit :

im sorry the time part needs to be changed

I don't think this will change, the time part has always been the main thing in this game.

tom i was saying make the tournament have a automatically generated bracket.This would make people wanna try the tournament more. Then it would make sense for there to be no elo room.

#10 02-11-2010 13:23:11

Politikas
Habitant de Guem

To sum up last few weeks: week 1 - tournaments - result: Fail, but its beta, so might be fixed.
week 2 - haloween - fail, but lets hope for next year.
week 3 - Elo going down - Epic fail
week 4 - I'm even afraid to think that will happen if we are going in this direction.

#11 02-11-2010 13:54:17

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Paying's for all ELO is a bad idea.

Adding 2 new guilds, months of new cards, and you've now limited the high end tournament decks back to a very few decks that play fast is bad. Strategy and countering strategies go out the window.

BUT...here's the problem: There's 40-50 people each tournament playing, if not more. Compare that to 0-10 people in Champs hall at any given hour, and you can see why it's a popular idea to push forward with....

I'm not saying its necessarily a good idea, but the numbers don't lie to it's popularity.

The better bet than flogging the near dead horse:

Do what the french community did: prove that a community sponsored event is viable option and make them realize its adoptable.

Hell, I'll even put up 10k crystals of my own as a 1st place price if someone can organize something....well given it isn't frowned upon to do high-priced common card purchases I'll do it....

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#12 02-11-2010 14:03:25

Yugimonz
Habitant de Guem

Rathedan how could i do this?

Yours event idea is a great idea smile

#13 02-11-2010 15:23:14

Rathedan
Nehantiste

Just take a look at the french forums and see how they organize it, and set one up to prove how brackets would be both A) Workable, and B) Have enough interest to run.

-Lonak

#14 02-11-2010 15:50:46

Vandago
Ptit nouveau

Now that the tourney is over, can anyone explain me what are we going to do with the lotery tickets?

#15 02-11-2010 15:57:25

Rathedan
Nehantiste

Trophies are still attainable untill the 4th I beleive

Tickets wont be drawn untill then

-Lonak

#16 02-11-2010 17:44:35

Squarta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Italy

Paying crystals to get ELO poins?It means that I must buy a booster AT LEAST every week to obtain crystals to play in tournaments and then having the chance to gain ELO points.
Or else I can gain crystals by playing normal games but in this case the time I spent on gaining crystals is time wasted to gain ELO points.This is a paradox! big_smile

Please,dont do this to us...it's getting really sad...I hope that something will come out and things wont remain in this scaring situation.Or else i will think to give up.
People must be STIMULATED to play ELO,not discouraged.

#17 02-11-2010 23:52:49

awollsd
Voyageur

yeah with the current way tournemnts are ran it has nothing to do with skill. someone gets alot of fast oponents while others get people that stall till timer is almost out every action the winner is decided.

a simple solution to this. the matching system only match each player once. the tournement lasts all week long. so everyone has a chance to play each person once.

(that is a true round robin tournmenet anyway.) everyone plays each player once the one with the most wins is winner.

#18 03-11-2010 08:11:14

Vandago
Ptit nouveau

I agree with the problem, but I don't see a one week tournament the solution. That's because I like to play a fast tournament.

There are a few ways I see this fixed:

1. Tournaments for diffrent Elo ratings, maybe with diffrent entrance fee/prizes according to one's skill

2. Elimination tournaments, with up to 8/16 players.

3. Both the above. smile

#19 03-11-2010 10:26:48

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

The Halloween tournament has shown that long tournament are possible without any fee for subscription.

All the staff said is that the ELO room will disappear and the tournament will be in the Tournament room.

We will see next week.

Collectionneur de cartes

#20 03-11-2010 20:40:26

awollsd
Voyageur

@vandago true i agree elimination tournements would be better tournement play. they wouldnt work for elo gain and thats what my sugestion was only a way to fix the easily exploitable round robin format that is being discussed about being used for elo.

if you can only be matched to each player once. and the tournement lasted long enough for everyone to have ample chance to play each other person entered. then it would put everyone on an even play field.

Pied de page des forums