Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 27-10-2010 05:02:35

Azloki
Campeur

Councilor Ishaia is too powerful, should she be banned?

Councilor Ishaia is too powerful, should she be banned?

#2 27-10-2010 05:40:45

bleachman
Gardien

Re : Councilor Ishaia is too powerful, should she be banned?

She isn't. And no.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#3 27-10-2010 05:52:57

steven_allen
Solarian

No to both.  If you keep having trouble with her, it is time to figure something else out.

Disruptor!

#4 27-10-2010 07:52:04

Reoden
Ptit nouveau

steven_allen a écrit :

No to both.  If you keep having trouble with her, it is time to figure something else out.

ran into her once and the guy casted 2 ice barriers giving all his chars an instant +4 defense,  to me that does seem a mite overpowered xP. what would recommend in a situation like that?

#5 27-10-2010 08:19:53

Martenus
Campeur

just go play in elo room your Ishida gets killed by one Zil or Kota or Noz guy in one Round often. Or Solaris and under the Sun even with 2 ice barriers i have 0 Defense.

#6 27-10-2010 11:16:12

Azloki
Campeur

I don't see the point of having a character belongs to almost all guilds and have the superior ability over all other cards. I experienced how powerful she is, especially when she casts overwhelming victory and other boost cards, she instantly became godly. With the turns pass, she gains +2 hp per round. By round 5+, you sometimes can see a monster with +12 def, +8 att +8 spi or even stronger.

All I can say is: "WTF!"

Anyways, more and more players will complain about her and surly she will be banned soon. If you are one of the owners of the card, get ready to store her in your closet. big_smile When I was playing ***biiiiipppp*** riv*** I saw a card was over 100k dropped to 60k, all because of a ban. Basically, in ELO, all banned characters are unusable.

I see her price went down like 10k already.

Dernière modification par Azloki (27-10-2010 11:43:00)

#7 27-10-2010 12:44:56

bleachman
Gardien

Azloki a écrit :

Anyways, more and more players will complain about her and surly she will be banned soon. If you are one of the owners of the card, get ready to store her in your closet. big_smile When I was playing ***biiiiipppp*** riv*** I saw a card was over 100k dropped to 60k, all because of a ban. Basically, in ELO, all banned characters are unusable.

I see her price went down like 10k already.

A new card was just released making Ishaia pretty much a lot less useful. So no ban sir. Some card game developers ban cards cause they don't realise what kind of monsters they have created, others just create new mechanics to counter the. We got the better deal.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#8 27-10-2010 13:41:38

magius
Solarian

Councillor Ishaia is a unique character. I don't see why ban it while it is only effective in a Courtesan deck. Certainly with [card]sunburn[/card], the balance is finally being restored. I cannot wait to see a priest deck against a courtesan tongue.

Again like everyone said, she is a pain when you have a warrior/marauder based deck.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#9 27-10-2010 13:50:31

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Legendary is legendary in its usefulness.

See: Yllith, Foam Golem, A New Start.

They're ultra rare for a reason, they're not overpowered to an extreme amount though.

New cards come out every week. Its Eredan's way of countering preciously overpowered cards. Thats what's so awesome about weekly updates. Sunburn fixes courts OP nature.

Banning will never happen.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#10 27-10-2010 14:20:47

steven_allen
Solarian

Banning will never happen mostly because the only people that are going to complain about it are lower level players, who will also complain about a lot of other things.  If you're seeing an Ishaia and getting completely taken apart, its because you're probably playing against one of the high tier players.  It happens.  You started playing a game that has already been around for a little while, so there are going to be players that are better off on card strength and experience.  The guys that have been around long enough to get these awesome cards deserve to have them for sticking around and supporting the game.

And before anyone gets smart, I DO NOT own an Ishaia, so this opinion is non-bias. tongue

Disruptor!

#11 27-10-2010 14:59:08

MoonFever
Habitant de Guem

Plus, being an online card game, it is a lot easier to issue errata on a card, so banning is unnecessary.  If a card is too powerful, they can update the database so that everyones' copy will be updated at the same time.

Same with ambiguous wordings causing confusion...it works the way they want it to work, or they tweak it to be so (re: Oh, I'm Good!).

With Sunburn around, now, courts will come down a little in power

#12 27-10-2010 16:54:18

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

having to work around one card is disastrous for a card game, but not so much because this game is still in its infancy.

if a card forces you to either be prepared for it unless you want to lose to it every time you face it, the card is on the brink of being overpowered.

and if devs are forced to make a card to specifically counter one archetype that is proving too dominant, well, i've played enough dead card games to know what that means. (the old Star Trek card game, for example. Remember the Beyond the Subatomic deck?)

Lady Jane can kick your ass.

Pied de page des forums