Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 20-10-2010 04:10:07

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Honor Points

Here is an idea I had.

As you all know we can just quit as many matches we want until we get a low fairplay. And then when that happens we just need to play a few matches to get our fairplay back up.

And that is it, nobody gets punished for quitting....

So....Instead of improving the negative feedback the players get when they quit a match I have an idea for a positive feedback to players that stick to the game.

Here is the rough idea:

Everytime a player completes a match against another player He gets 1 Honor Point, no matter if he won or lost the match.
Honor points could be used to purchase different things.

Here are some rough ideas:

50 Honor Points for a Small Booster ( 4 cards )
170 Honor Points for a Large Booster ( 12 cards )
100 Honor Points for a Trophy

( These are just some rough numbers, the actual ammount of points per prize required could change according to staff thoughts. )

Those boosters wouldn't allow people to sell cards like the regular boosters in a way to don't affect usual Feez sales.

Any comment on this is welcome.

#2 20-10-2010 16:22:37

Trikmajstor
Voyageur

Re : Honor Points

The idea itself is great! smile

#3 20-10-2010 17:47:01

FaTaLiTy
Ptit nouveau

I strongly support something like this if not exactly like this!

50% of the players quit when they see that you are about to get a perfect or they dont like the situation, and you on the other hand gets NOTHING... there is absolutely nothing fair about the system there is now and it needs to be corrected ASAP...

-Eredan Madness

Winning isn't everything... It's the only thing!

-Eredan Madness

#4 20-10-2010 17:57:29

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Giving a cookie always works better than taking a cookie away IMO

Might wanna drop the card amounts though....I think 5 euros is a bit worth more than 170 games to the people who are paying. I understand the idea behind it, but to play 170 games and get 4-5 cards...I'd be happy tongue

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#5 21-10-2010 01:05:51

steven_allen
Solarian

I agree with perhaps a small bonus.  Maybe a trophy for x consecutive fair games?  Also, making the punishment for quitting games more severe could help as well.  Maybe suspension or perhaps a crystal fine?

Disruptor!

#6 21-10-2010 02:40:41

Anihilate
Solarian

steven_allen a écrit :

I agree with perhaps a small bonus.  Maybe a trophy for x consecutive fair games?  Also, making the punishment for quitting games more severe could help as well.  Maybe suspension or perhaps a crystal fine?

Penalizing people who constantly ditch would also mess with those on wireless, or just having connectivity issues. I'd have to step toward Rathedan and say giving a cookie is better than taking one away.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#7 21-10-2010 02:45:27

JarekMace4
Ptit nouveau

I'm all for this idea considering ive bene palying ~100 games a day to level up the stupid apostle lol.

#8 21-10-2010 03:22:40

steven_allen
Solarian

Actually those who are disconnected don't get fair play penalties.  At least, I know I never have, and I've been dc'd more than a few times.

Disruptor!

#9 21-10-2010 07:50:16

SirThanksalot
Ptit nouveau

all great ideas, i think smile

-Eredan Madness

#10 21-10-2010 08:39:01

Talliah
Ptit nouveau

I kind of like this idea, myself. I just started playing today (im level 6..yay) and I was in the training room, I ran into some level 14 with all level 3s and all the "power" cards and I was beating him and he ragequit. I know its not as big a deal in the Trianing Rooms (I still seemed to get experience)...but yea.

#11 21-10-2010 13:36:07

Trikmajstor
Voyageur

I don´t like the idea of a penalty beside the one which already exists. Because I won´t get it when I just klick on disconnect. Honorpoits are far better.

And the bonus RATHEDAN was talking about it kinda cool. I mean, we´re supportin the game to by playing it that much.

#12 21-10-2010 13:45:51

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Oh, this thread surely caught some attention, didn't it? smile

So far, I think everyone agrees with a system that gives a prize to players who don't quit matches. I surely hope this thread will be looked at by the developers.

#13 21-10-2010 13:51:02

Rathedan
Nehantiste

Wasn't my idea was Seraphs smile

All I'm saying is that a large booster to paying members is 5 euros right now. Playing 170 games (if you're committed) can be done in a few days, maybe a week max. While I'm fine with non-payers getting better cards than they are right now due to the playstyle, it should be considered in respect to how much it costs per pack to buy.

Personally, I pay for cards for two reasons: First, I play the game enough to warrant it. I stopped playing MMOs for now, I can dish some cash into my main interest for a game at the moment.

Second, cash support means the game continues. I understand that free players want to get better cards for nothing, but if everyone got better cards for nothing, and no one payed, the game would cease to exist. Game servers and developers don;t come for free....You basically get what you pay for. If you don't pay, you shouldn't expect to compete with those that support the ongoing maintenance of this site.

Any free booster packs need to keep that into consideration. They shouldn't be on par with bought packs not being able to resell isn't enough.

Heck, even beyond the very limited pack size, I'd even suggest they be limited to uncommon and common cards alone. Free cards are still free cards, and uncommons can be pretty strong in thier own right versus other free players.

-Lonak

#14 21-10-2010 14:24:41

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

I completely understand your point.

However, It is impossible to create an EXACT system that will make everyone happy. smile
That is why I said: "These are just some rough numbers, the actual ammount of points per prize required could change according to staff thoughts."

The rough idea is a discussion far more important than the actual numbers of points per prize. It wouldn't matter much if everyone tried to arguee about how much each Honor Point is worth anyway. The staff is the one giving the last word about this matter....

Either way, I am happy that everyone agrees on a prize for players that don't quit.

#15 21-10-2010 14:48:46

Rathedan
Nehantiste

Most games give free cards out in one way or another.

Warstorm gives old boosters away for points (Eredans is still on its first booster)
***biiiiipppp*** bip gives boosters away for points too (not sure hwo, never played long enough to find out, made my head hurt to play it)
Etc etc.

The success of most Facebook games relies on Free players recieving old, but free, stuff. It may be that in the future once we solidify the game, it'll come to be one way or another that free cards come out.

Personally I like the idea of enforcing fair play for free cards when that time comes, its better to reward for good behaviour than for just showing up tongue

-Lonak

#16 25-10-2010 20:41:56

FaTaLiTy
Ptit nouveau

Rathedan a écrit :

Wasn't my idea was Seraphs smile

All I'm saying is that a large booster to paying members is 5 euros right now. Playing 170 games (if you're committed) can be done in a few days, maybe a week max. While I'm fine with non-payers getting better cards than they are right now due to the playstyle, it should be considered in respect to how much it costs per pack to buy.

Personally, I pay for cards for two reasons: First, I play the game enough to warrant it. I stopped playing MMOs for now, I can dish some cash into my main interest for a game at the moment.

Second, cash support means the game continues. I understand that free players want to get better cards for nothing, but if everyone got better cards for nothing, and no one payed, the game would cease to exist. Game servers and developers don;t come for free....You basically get what you pay for. If you don't pay, you shouldn't expect to compete with those that support the ongoing maintenance of this site.

Any free booster packs need to keep that into consideration. They shouldn't be on par with bought packs not being able to resell isn't enough.

Heck, even beyond the very limited pack size, I'd even suggest they be limited to uncommon and common cards alone. Free cards are still free cards, and uncommons can be pretty strong in thier own right versus other free players.

Prehaps they should look alittle closer at a game like ***biiiiipppp*** bip in wich you can earn credits(the same as feez) by playing the game, being in tournaments and so on. That makes it possible to play the whole game absolutely free wich some players does, and its still a really large game and not remotely close to shut down because they cant pay there expenses.

ofcourse nothing is free about keeping this game running but atm this game does everything it can to get you to pay, the 3weeks timelimit on the market is just the worst idea i have ever seen in a TCG.

Winning isn't everything... It's the only thing!

-Eredan Madness

Pied de page des forums