Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 12-10-2010 12:14:15

Zync23
Ptit nouveau

Card Concept: Divine Energy

I wanted to create a card that would negate the damage an enemy would deal to you for one round. It was hard to think of a way to balance the concept, but this is what I came up with.

9glonn.jpg

Let me know what you think? If you think it is OP (since everyone seems to think any and all suggestions are), let me know why you think that, and is there a possible fix (doesn't have to be a Theurgy card).

Dernière modification par Zync23 (13-10-2010 01:52:08)

#2 12-10-2010 17:41:24

Anihilate
Solarian

Re : Card Concept: Divine Energy

Make it Unique, or make it heal only half the damage.  Solaris is bad enough -_-

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#3 12-10-2010 23:41:44

Zync23
Ptit nouveau

Well, Solaris heals based on the damage you do.

This concept heals both you and the opponent based on the damage they deal. It's really a completely different concept.

I should give it some kind of chain, since it's really only good for getting a permanent into play at the cost of healing your opponent.

Dernière modification par Zync23 (12-10-2010 23:42:09)

#4 12-10-2010 23:57:42

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

It stalls the match.

That is why it has to be unique.

I guess it is enough to say the game would be really really really boring if something like this card was released without being unique.

This card ignores whatever your opponent did damage wise.

Dernière modification par Seraph (12-10-2010 23:58:34)

#5 13-10-2010 02:07:19

Zync23
Ptit nouveau

Seraph a écrit :

It stalls the match.

That is why it has to be unique.

I guess it is enough to say the game would be really really really boring if something like this card was released without being unique.

This card ignores whatever your opponent did damage wise.

Thanks for giving actual feedback. Playing against a deck with 3 Divine Energy cards in it could very easily become boring. So I added Unique as you suggested.

In addition, I added "Chain: Permanent" since this card is going to need some kind of chain, and there are enough "Chain/Chain: Item" cards already. I think it is also a unique chain. I believe that makes this card great for a Mage/Priest character, however, I don't know of a Mage/Priest character . . . so it might still need work.

#6 13-10-2010 02:43:59

Gangrel
Habitant de Guem

Zync23 a écrit :

[...] I don't know of a Mage/Priest character . . . so it might still need work.

Stone Eater
Ateb

Both pretty hard to get...

#7 13-10-2010 04:33:17

Anihilate
Solarian

Just ration crystals until you can buy stoneater -_-

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#8 13-10-2010 09:06:29

Mahothecat
Voyageur

Er, am I the only one that thinks this card would be overpowered even if it IS unique? I mean - as we all know, most of the decks use up most of their cards by the end of turn 6. Marauder decks always do that, actually, so imagine this - your opponent having 5 cards left (just the ones in their hand) and you using that card... tadaa - no chance your opponent would win, except if you decided to give up. The idea sounds good but there should really be a limitation like - "If lethal damage is dealt to your character, cancel that effect" . And it still is a bit too powerful ^^. You seem to like priests smile

#9 13-10-2010 10:34:05

Zync23
Ptit nouveau

Mahothecat a écrit :

...You seem to like priests smile

I just feel they are currently underrepresented in the game right now. I like healing characters, but like no one uses Priests unless it is the Apostle of Destiny, and that's only to level up other cards like Prophet.

Anyways, yes, I thought about the lethal damage consideration when I first conceptualized the card. Yes, this card shines against a Marauder deck who just threw out their last 2 attack bonus cards. But, there are already discarding cards that would accomplish the "forcing you to run out of cards" tactic before that deck got the chance to play those final 2 cards. In addition, this version would heal that enemy Marauder back to full health. So I don't think the "stall" nature of the card is overpowered. But I guess play-testing would be the only way to figure this out.

Dernière modification par Zync23 (13-10-2010 10:34:18)

#10 13-10-2010 11:11:55

Mahothecat
Voyageur

In majority, most of the decks would get to a point where you have this character, they have one or two, maybe 3 of theirs and you keep fighting until one of you crashes or gives up. If there was a permanent removal, usable to all classes and guilds, this card would be an ok card (with the lethal damage part). But the fact that one would put a card like that, which can easily bring you to a position of waiting to see who gives up first, would mean that you are already set on waiting as long as you have to. So yes, in the end, the person using this card would win, since they have more time to spend.

#11 13-10-2010 18:24:49

Gangrel
Habitant de Guem

Mahothecat a écrit :

In majority, most of the decks would get to a point where you have this character, they have one or two, maybe 3 of theirs and you keep fighting until one of you crashes or gives up. If there was a permanent removal, usable to all classes and guilds, this card would be an ok card (with the lethal damage part). But the fact that one would put a card like that, which can easily bring you to a position of waiting to see who gives up first, would mean that you are already set on waiting as long as you have to. So yes, in the end, the person using this card would win, since they have more time to spend.

I think you missunderstood the OP. It's not a Permanent. It gives you a safe turn to play one, just that.

#12 13-10-2010 18:59:32

Mahothecat
Voyageur

God, how I keep misreading stuff like that... hmm I have to appologize for my harsh words earlier. It was Chain: Permanent, after all... Ok, since it's not a permanent, it's an ok card. Once again, sorry for that, my bad.

Pied de page des forums