Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 25-09-2010 18:56:10

Anihilate
Solarian

Suggestion- Nerf

[card]A new start[/card] not the effect, just make that thing a Unique. Being able to recycle EVERY card in a healing nomad deck is just rediculous.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#2 25-09-2010 21:11:40

KReece
Ptit nouveau

Re : Suggestion- Nerf

Completely agree.
I use anathematize (have to carry 2 in case i pull it too early) and it just sucks to have to do that. A New Start is rather ridiculous in and of itself.

By the way, why does a game fail when somebody has 3 or 4 cards left? Seems like they should be able to get to 1 or 2, or even 0 before the game ends because of a lack of cards...

Dernière modification par KReece (25-09-2010 21:12:39)

#3 25-09-2010 21:58:34

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Anihilate a écrit :

[card]A new start[/card] not the effect, just make that thing a Unique. Being able to recycle EVERY card in a healing nomad deck is just rediculous.

People would just then use Watcher to recyle it back into thier deck....

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#4 25-09-2010 23:04:47

KReece
Ptit nouveau

It would take up another card for them to do that, so yeah, that would work.

Anything would help.

#5 26-09-2010 02:43:14

Anihilate
Solarian

Rathedan a écrit :
Anihilate a écrit :

People would just then use Watcher to recyle it back into thier deck....

Its still a difference. Playing "a new start" to recycle another "a new start" Would recycle all of the cards they used in between, while using "Watcher" to shuffle ANS back into the deck still slows the recycle of the rest of the cards. Granted that it has a higher re-draw value the fewer cards the deck has, it is still a better idea to have that card recycled independently than by another ANS.

In Healer decks this would slow the replay of healing cards between resets, meaning you have a greater chance to squeeze in the damage you need to kill a character. In decks that are heavy with Unique cards, it helps slow down the damage per turn.

#6 26-09-2010 05:16:37

bleachman
Gardien

Hungry Void.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#7 26-09-2010 05:26:26

Anihilate
Solarian

bleachman a écrit :

Hungry Void.

Hungry Void is -3hp, if they don't play it with a healing card, whatever character they are using it with is liable to get eaten.

Watcher: Puts it back in the deck for free, no guarantee it can get drawn again in time for it to be effective.

[card]The Hungry void[/card]: Takes off HP of the character using it,  activates it right away, because "The Hungry Void" AND "A new start" are on the field, they both go to the discard pile after "A new start" shuffles your discard pile back to the deck.

A new start: Recycle all of your used cards,even the "A new start" you played 3 orders ago.

I'll relate it to a card that was once limited in YuGioh, which also reset the deck and discard pile. After it resolved it went to the discard pile, it was limited so it couldn't shuffle itself if it was being sent to the discard pile after its resolution. There were many cards that could recycle it (which is why it was later banned) But it was still limited during the games youth.

Dernière modification par Anihilate (26-09-2010 05:33:19)

#8 26-09-2010 14:54:16

Lockjaw
Campeur

what's with that card that just removes the discard pile of every player?

Your mind is a weapon. Load it!

#9 26-09-2010 17:34:11

Anihilate
Solarian

Keep the macro of limiting the deck itself, not what you can do to limit it. Because of this game using such a small deck, one can't be fully prepared against everything. It would be like using 2 deflections, 2 to lay bare, and 2 Anathematize, and 2 banish,2 a new start, just to be prepared for every deck type. Not everyone can be prepared for everything, and at the same time, in itself, a non limited card that recycles the entire deck is OP and unbalanced.

The entirety is that most cards that have a large advantage to a deck or character are unique or have costs.

The best Defense-Unique Give a nice big competitive attack boost in defense heavy decks.
The Hungry Void- unique and costs HP- instantly recycle and use any action card
Time to die- unique- Doubles the Attack bonus of the next card
Schemer- unique- Recycles the next card
Dark stone heart and nehantic stone- unique- Gives immunity to spells.

Now lets see

A new start- Unlimited- Shuffle your discard pile back into your deck.

Dernière modification par Anihilate (26-09-2010 17:40:25)

#10 26-09-2010 18:15:16

bleachman
Gardien

Obesity. (immediately cancels ANS...)
Hungry Void. (Again... It is a super powerful card and can also be used in your opponent's discard pile, thus ensuring you can restock on your goodies too. You should be able to retreive your supr powerful cards with which you can one shot any priest. They aren't invincible...)
Anathematize. (One will be enough, it's not like you will have to reuse it once its used...)
Theft. (Why not get rid of the card prematurely? For that any discard card can help here.)

As you said, a person cannot be prepared against EVERYTHING. Considering the deck type you are complaining about is rare to find, as apparently 'A New Start' costs a shitton, I wouldn't worry to much about it. Having one of the above cards should be sufficient enough to get rid of it.

If it is still a problem, just take a post it, write down the names of boring jerks who actually play that way (I mean ffs a friend of mine just had a 55 turn game...) and never play against their sorry ass again. If its in Elo, leave after you have scored your turn exp if you still need it.

#11 26-09-2010 18:27:09

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

I can understand what you mean, and it quite makes sense.
But the effect of this card by itself means no harm.
You are wasting an action to recycle your cards, the problem is probably the combinations you can pull with this card.

Anyway, I wonder where it stands compared to other cards.
I haven't seen anyone complaining about Abomination, Time to die, Lightning Bolts lvl 3, Hungry Void, Divine light lvl 3, and a few others.

#12 26-09-2010 23:30:02

KReece
Ptit nouveau

Manipulation also is majorly OP. Use 3 of these in a game, and the opponent can not recover. You can even have one character holding 2 of these.

This should be unique or at the very least one character per 'manipulation'....

I can't believe this one slipped by the testing team.

#13 27-09-2010 01:10:10

Lockjaw
Campeur

Quoted from the sticky:

SUGGESTIONS Denied

- Nerf the best defense and/or Hungry Void

wink

Your mind is a weapon. Load it!

#14 27-09-2010 02:27:08

Anihilate
Solarian

Seraph a écrit :

I can understand what you mean, and it quite makes sense.
But the effect of this card by itself means no harm.
You are wasting an action to recycle your cards, the problem is probably the combinations you can pull with this card.

Anyway, I wonder where it stands compared to other cards.
I haven't seen anyone complaining about Abomination, Time to die, Lightning Bolts lvl 3, Hungry Void, Divine light lvl 3, and a few others.

Abomination level 6....
Bigrage level 2+ Ergue(averages 15-20k) level 2= Cigue lvl 3

Soriek level 2+ Ergue ( Another 15-20 k) level 2= Mashtok lvl3

Cigue lvl 4 + Mashtok lvl 4= Abomination lvl5

Watchmaker of destiny needs to be level 3 before Abomination can be level 6

So
20k crystals for watchmaker
30k Crystals for two Ergues
700-1k For Soriek
Free Bigrage
Gain enough Exp to upgrade 5 level 1, 5 level 2, 3 level 3, two level 4, and one level 5....
That isn't just a money drain, that is a week of exclusively training to make Abomination... Whoever has one deserves one.

Hungry Void's HP cost and being Unique cuts it down from super OP to bearable OP.

Divine light, kill the priests first, lol.

Lightning bolts lvl 3

4 static charge
Lightning bolts

Exp 5 lvl 1, 1 lvl 2

Another card that requires time and crystals.

Dernière modification par Anihilate (27-09-2010 02:31:39)

#15 27-09-2010 02:53:11

Anihilate
Solarian

Lockjaw a écrit :

Quoted from the sticky:

SUGGESTIONS Denied

- Nerf the best defense and/or Hungry Void

wink

The card I asked to nerf was A new start. Just make it unique -_-

#16 27-09-2010 02:55:18

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

@Lockjaw: It is just like i said: i haven't seen anyone complaining about Hungry Void and those other cards. Having a sticky telling us not to do so won't make it impossible ( not even unlikely ) to see it happen.

( Just to make it clear : I am not complaining about these cards, I am just stating that they are super strong to prove my point.)

@Anihilate: You are just making it look harder than it is.
Anyone with enough money to buy many feez is able to acquire the Abomination without much problem. Buy the Cigue and the Mashtok, keep leveling them, and there you have your Abomination. Remember that these two cards are quite good by themselves and it wouldn't be such a burden to play with them.

I don't see why complain about "A new start" and not also the "Abomination" ( as an example).

Also remember that the watchmaker can be used to level many other cards not just the Abomination.

Dernière modification par Seraph (27-09-2010 02:56:46)

#17 27-09-2010 02:58:43

Anihilate
Solarian

Then scratch the crystals. Regardless of whether or not the deck is good with cigue or mashtok, the point is still this, you can't just score an abomination from a pack. Its something you have to work for.

#18 27-09-2010 03:06:58

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Most people work for their lvl 3/4 characters anyway. That is still hard work. I don't see anything wrong with "working" for your character , even more if it is a clearly SUPERIOR character.

#19 27-09-2010 03:18:30

Anihilate
Solarian

... the whole reason I brought up that you have to WORK for Abomination is the reason NO ONE COMPLAINS about it. A new start is pull and play, the other cards you listed are cards that aren't  at that state when you first obtain them, and you have to devote some time to make them.

Dernière modification par Anihilate (27-09-2010 03:20:56)

#20 27-09-2010 03:29:15

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

So what you are saying is that if "A new start" had that effect ONLY at lvl 3 it do be alright?

That is not the spirit of a TCG game....

The effects have to be balanced at every single level.

Dernière modification par Seraph (27-09-2010 03:29:42)

#21 27-09-2010 03:43:16

bleachman
Gardien

How many packs did it take you to pull 2 A New Starts? xD

The card is not as overpowered as you are claiming. It is strong in that one deck type, but above are listed a few ways to deal with such decks.

This thread has nothing to do with any other cards being overpowered or not. Up to discussion is A New Start and quite frankly, only you are complaining. Other players I have asked on this issue regard it as a 'Its a waste'  or 'One is neough' card and not some OP mechanical tool you depict it as. I have played the deck type you mention but quite frankly from all of my fights I have encountered such a deck tops 4 times.

#22 27-09-2010 03:51:51

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

Yea, I know that this thread has nothing to do with other cards, but i felt like giving examples of others anyway to explain why "A new start" isn't so amazing if you look around.

#23 27-09-2010 08:12:45

bleachman
Gardien

Seraph a écrit :

Yea, I know that this thread has nothing to do with other cards, but i felt like giving examples of others anyway to explain why "A new start" isn't so amazing if you look around.

Oh I understand quite well. I offered some prime examples of making the card useless or at least using it to your advantage. But as long as the original poster keeps riding on it and insisting it is overpowered, no argumentations would work. Giving him fodder like other cards are powerful too just gives him more ammunition. tongue

#24 27-09-2010 17:41:49

Anihilate
Solarian

Nevermind then.

Pied de page des forums