Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 29-08-2010 01:45:35

Cyler2050
Ptit nouveau

Buying Cards

I think they need to lower it a little. Okay i understand that it helps bring people back to play more so they can get that card but you got to think about other people too. like they kids that cant play long they have school and maybe after school activites, it would be very very time consuming and almost impossible to do and probably eventually stop playing because they wont be able get what they need. like me there isnt enough hours in a day for me to get cards that i can really use. so i think it would be a really good idea to lower the price not to much where its way to easy to get but not to high where its impossible to get but like cards that give you really good bounuses it should be a little higher just for those guys that really want it and would fight for it thats my idea oh and maybe do like holiday gifts and special event gifts where it only happens at that time that would really bring in people

#2 29-08-2010 16:02:34

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Re : Buying Cards

Price on market are done by other player.
The developping staff has always said that they do not interfer with the players on this subject.

Collectionneur de cartes

#3 29-08-2010 17:08:11

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Free Market sales really

You'll probably see lower prices as more and more people join up. COmpetition drives prices lower. Its still a new game, so rarer cards will fetch high prices untill theres a lot of them on the market.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#4 29-08-2010 17:48:21

Le Tarba Suprême
Habitant de Guem

Rathedan a écrit :

Free Market sales really

You'll probably see lower prices as more and more people join up. COmpetition drives prices lower. Its still a new game, so rarer cards will fetch high prices untill theres a lot of them on the market.

We hope so smile

Rejoignez nous sur le salon IRC

Ce n'est pas un bug, c'est une fonctionnalité

#5 30-08-2010 16:19:52

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

I've been biding my time waiting for those damned Fist Blades to drop, but they're still going for what they were in the first weeks! big_smile

#6 30-08-2010 16:33:48

Rathedan
Nehantiste

Tell me about it.

I got a double of Lord Gakyusha I sold in my weekly pack I allow myself last week, and I still can't afford a single dagger yet ><

Those fist blades and vampiric daggers taunt me so tongue

Dernière modification par Rathedan (30-08-2010 16:34:03)

-Lonak

#7 01-09-2010 06:10:59

eydarr
Voyageur

You can see certain people pushing up the market.  If you look you can see the same people buying tons of 1 item and pushing the price up.  For popular items this is a good way to make money.  I usually find playing the auction house just as fun as the actual game.

#8 01-09-2010 06:49:53

GinNoKatana
Voyageur

... and I once read somewhere that we're not supposed to discuss about "brokers". I wonder why that is though, for the market just provokes creating them.

I wonder if the prohibition to discuss "brokers" also includes discussions about "broking" and the discussion about those discussions as well?!

For I see them as a problem, and in the game's mechanics there is not much of a countermeasure except for: Don't buy overpriced cards! Let them sit on their stacked items (or other cards)!

To see if a card is overpriced or not, the "average prive for the last week"-tag is a help. Not always reliable, but a help.

(If this post goes against this "Don't discuss about brokers"-prohitbition, please feel free to delete it!)

#9 01-09-2010 07:05:52

eydarr
Voyageur

GinNoKatana a écrit :

... and I once read somewhere that we're not supposed to discuss about "brokers". I wonder why that is though, for the market just provokes creating them.

To see if a card is overpriced or not, the "average prive for the last week"-tag is a help. Not always reliable, but a help.

(If this post goes against this "Don't discuss about brokers"-prohitbition, please feel free to delete it!)

LoL, you have got to be kidding me?  So they said that they will not interfere with the free market, but they do not want people talking about players playing the free market?

Obviously they don't care since there are dozens of players who are selling more than 3 of one type of item.

The average price can be extremly wrong.  I can think of a few scenerios where the average price could be tampered with, but on average it is not a bad way to go.  I usually try to keep track of the items I use the most.  Either way I think foil cards are calculated into the average therefore 1 foil selling for 10x-30x the normal price can really mess up the averages.

Dernière modification par eydarr (01-09-2010 07:08:31)

#10 01-09-2010 12:26:01

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

/Moderator Hat On

... and I once read somewhere that we're not supposed to discuss about "brokers".

LoL, you have got to be kidding me?  So they said that they will not interfere with the free market, but they do not want people talking about players playing the free market?

The request was not to talk about "bankers", which was really just kind of a bad translation for "people who pay to play".  What they mean is "no complaining about users who pay for Fee'z (with real money) having better cards than those who don't".  (This has now been clarified in the FAQ).

It is perfectly acceptable to talk about Marketplace prices and practices as long as you follow two simple rules: (1) you can't sell cards in here, and (2) don't say anything negative about specific users. If you think someone is doing something 'against the rules', please contact a moderator.

Otherwise please feel free to dicuss this topic! The Marketplace is a vital part of this game and discussions of value and trading are certainly allowed!

/Moderator Hat Off

big_smile

The average price can be extremly wrong.  I can think of a few scenerios where the average price could be tampered with, but on average it is not a bad way to go.  I usually try to keep track of the items I use the most.  Either way I think foil cards are calculated into the average therefore 1 foil selling for 10x-30x the normal price can really mess up the averages.

It's important to note that the average price is not the average SELLING price of the past few days, but the average LISTING price. In other words, it is the average price that sellers are ASKING for their cards, not the average price that customers are actually PAYING.

Unfortunately, that affects how useful it is in helping to assess a card's value on either end of the transaction. Here is an example: let's say in the past week, 100 people have tried to sell Fireballs, and 99 of them have listed their Fireballs for 10,000 crystals. One guy has tried to jack the average price up by listing his for 1,000,000. The market is going to tell you that the average price of a Fireball is 19,900 crystals. Anyone paying attention to the market for more than a few days would know that Fireballs have actually been selling for 10,000 - but the "average" price is almost double that.

Fortunately, there is enough marketplace activity in a week that this kind of attempt at value-faking really only works on Legendary and perhaps Rare cards. For instance, look at Fog Snake (Rank 1) in the market right now. Currently, two people have a copy listed at 1,000,000 crystals - perhaps they actually believe this common (available in a starter deck) is actually worth a million crystals... but probably they are just trying to make the value go up. And it has worked - kind of. When I try to list one of mine, Market tells me that the average price is 435. This isn't accurate, because nobody has actually payed more than 100 for a basic Fog Snake in a looong time. But it also isn't fooling anyone, because there are literally hundreds of Fog Snakes listed for 100 crystals.

My point is that when you want to buy or sell a card (especially a rare!), try to be patient. Watch it in the market for a couple of days and gauge what it's actually selling for first. The 'average' is really just an average of what people have been asking for a card, and that can be a good deal more than they're actually getting!

#11 01-09-2010 13:26:34

Rathedan
Nehantiste

The honest to god best option in my opinion is to look at the cards total listings, and look at the bottom 5 card prices.

If there is more than roughly one standard deviation in price (about 15%) between the lowest and a few cards up, the market either hasn't settled on a taken price, or if the rest of the cards seem to be within that 15%, that bottom card is being undersold.

Either one of the two, if you want to play at arbitrage, warrants a buy & resell.

-Lonak

#12 01-09-2010 14:45:29

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

Yup, I have to agree with that.

It's also worth taking the experience value into consideration if you're buying a card that can rank up. Sometimes you can get a nearly-evolved card for the standard price, throw it into a deck for a few games and rank it up yourself, then sell it for a profit. Good way to make a few crystals without too much hassle, if you get the opportunity.

#13 01-09-2010 14:52:39

Rathedan
Nehantiste

I was tempted to start doing that with some of the lvl 1 cards when I get decent enough evolved heros to support them

Wasn't' sure if it was worth the time though.

-Lonak

#14 01-09-2010 17:56:21

GinNoKatana
Voyageur

The request was not to talk about "bankers", which was really just kind of a bad translation for "people who pay to play".  What they mean is "no complaining about users who pay for Fee'z (with real money) having better cards than those who don't".  (This has now been clarified in the FAQ).

It is perfectly acceptable to talk about Marketplace prices and practices as long as you follow two simple rules: (1) you can't sell cards in here, and (2) don't say anything negative about specific users. If you think someone is doing something 'against the rules', please contact a moderator.

Otherwise please feel free to dicuss this topic! The Marketplace is a vital part of this game and discussions of value and trading are certainly allowed!

Oh, good that that's been clarified. I must have remembered wrongly... obviously. hmm
Sorry about that!

Pied de page des forums