Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 26-10-2010 14:21:49

Dantesan
Solarian

iTCG : Tournament Module is now open!

iTCG : Tournament Module is now open!

news_tournois.jpeg

Here it is finally!
The Tournament module is now available for Beta testing and is accessible for players who have reached level 8 minimum.

This module will enable you to take part in a Tournament that will last for a good hour. This tournament will automatically launch every two hours.
The first Tournament will take place at 15h00 (French time).
To access this module, click on Play.

Caution:
- The Elo score will fluctuate if you play this Tournament module. Think twice about it if you count on playing the Amnezy Tournament..
- Once you have chosen your Deck in the Tournament, it will be locked, you won't be able to change it or upgrade cards during the game.
Eredan iTCG, the online trading card game.
Find this also on Facebook !

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#2 26-10-2010 14:25:44

GraveLie
Voyageur

Re : iTCG : Tournament Module is now open!

What is/are the other main difference/s of this room to the Level/ELO rooms, aside from what was already mentioned? Does it give more crystals? Will we get reward crystals if we get a good position? Will it give player Fee'z? Thanks in advance.

Good job on the update. smile

"People lied when they said 'Nothing is impossible'... I do nothing everyday."

-Eredan Madness

#3 26-10-2010 15:00:16

Renderak
Voyageur

Nice addition!  You guys rock!

#4 26-10-2010 15:17:52

Dantesan
Solarian

What is/are the other main difference/s of this room to the Level/ELO rooms, aside from what was already mentioned? Does it give more crystals? Will we get reward crystals if we get a good position? Will it give player Fee'z? Thanks in advance.

Good job on the update. smile

There are some trophies to be won and crystals ^^ 10 000 for number uno, 5000 for number dos and  2000 for number tres wink

You can check all this in-game guys.

Have fun

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#5 26-10-2010 15:24:11

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

I like the addition.  But a few things seem like they could cause a problem.

1.  The winner is based on how many wins they have given the length of the tournament. 

There pretty much is no incentive to win a fight..  If you can play a game as fast as you can and possibly win, you have a better chance to play a ton of games and win without having to worry about if you lose or not.

2. Depending on who you play, you may run into someone who takes forever to play a card.

You could have 1 person play a guy who actually plays the game.  While having another person play someone who waits until the last second of each round to make a decision.  All this means that the first person will obviously play more games vs the person who is stuck with the guy who takes forever.

I think if it was based on a Knock Out system, it would be a lot more efficient.

-Side Note: If it is based on the average of Wins vs Losses, then please excuse my first statement.  I didn't notice a tab that listed losses on the ranks, only wins.

.: I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar :.

#6 26-10-2010 15:32:54

blackdrain
Habitant de Guem

the "addition" I can see so far is that the gab between paying and nonpaying gets just bigger... roll oh and there is 1 proud 3. party rising the paying but not HUNDREDS OF EURO group who can afort to do this tournament stuff and be farmed by the ones paying the most money... lets see the biggest score on players in the new room I have seen was 89...

89x1000= 89.000 crystals payed
1. 10.000 2. 5.000 3. 2000 = 17.000
hmmm there is something not going right but I just miss what... maybe that there a only 3 ppl winning and 86 losing...

oh but the good thing is that with the Elomodification now the "good" payers ehm sry players even get better, cause they now can farm low levels for there Elo, the ones stupid enought to pay and enter the new Arena... and even better! With this Elo involving the population in the Elo room will go down I guess so if u wanna ELO you gonna pay.
Instead of putting more fairness into this game Feerik desided to go even further in hummilation... this game gets better n better -.- first it makes a lot of fun and then u have to diside to a)let it be b)pay as much as u are posible oh forgot c)be frence and started at the release so u had enought time to build up a monsterdeck...

I don´t wanna say that the top players r all just there cause they paid so much but it really helps wink and Feerik is suporting this more and more... So we need more legendary cards!

The arena itself is a great idea, but not with this bloodsucker attitudes of Ferrik...
Maybe u should stop this Playerlevel thing and just use a Payerlevel system...

oh and something else... during the battle I got kicked from the server and couldn´t relog for about 10 min...

Dernière modification par blackdrain (26-10-2010 15:51:37)

[MSN] A-bomb gonna rock your world wink

#7 26-10-2010 16:06:03

Politikas
Habitant de Guem

Tournamet system is copied from ***bip***, but the problem is 1 match takes 10 times less in ***bip***, and you actualy gain something from playing in tournament there, here 2 people gains and all others loose a lot, so no incentive to play at all.

Sugestions
1.Make tournament single elimination
2. Prize fund based on number of players entered
3. Lower or no entry fee (1000 crystals? you kidding?)
4. Prizes to at least top 5 (top 10 even better)

Dernière modification par Politikas (26-10-2010 16:16:26)

#8 26-10-2010 16:17:08

paperbagdemon
Campeur

Ohhh the flames... my god.
it does say beta does it?

hell is when you drew 3 arcaniums at round 1

#9 26-10-2010 16:23:05

Politikas
Habitant de Guem

Beta means we can freely post what is wrong with it and hope it will be fixed.

#10 26-10-2010 16:31:27

paperbagdemon
Campeur

i was not referring to you. the troll who posted before you.
btw i was waiting for this kind of crystal vacuum.
if more and more crystals get passed around it will decrease in value and price of the cards on the market will inflate. now that is unfair for non-paying players since the currency they are depending to will decrease in relevance isn't it not?

#11 26-10-2010 17:09:27

Cartel
Voyageur

I agree that changes definitely need to be made but there is a huge banner that says BETA right as you enter the tournament room so bugs and imbalances are to be expected. I mean, I just finished 4th in a tournament with 9 wins and had a lag out on turn 5 of a game I was going to win and on turn 3 of another I would have won. Those are just the breaks.

As far as the actual tournament goes, I don't have a problem with entry fee or prizes. I don't think it's really worth playing all that often but that's just me. I can make more crystals by simply leveling up characters. The win condition is crap. It hinges on a lot of things that are out of a players control, ie slow play by opponent, disconnects, getting paired against stall decks, etc. I think that a single elimination format with limited registration is in order. The tournaments could still have an hour time limit, which I think is nice. I remember playing some MTGO tourneys that go on forever. Any great TCG has tournaments and the trick is just getting them balanced right. Instead of flaming the current environment, just point out what you think can be fixed and help the devs explore this new play option.

#12 26-10-2010 17:20:08

paperbagdemon
Campeur

there seems to be a title for the tournament and trophy that goes with it. they might be planning on making different tournaments with certain winning conditions and restrictions (if they aren't i think they should, this way different decks can take on the limelight) the fast killer decks will surely dominate this one.
my only concern is that not everyone can have the trophy apparently.:P

#13 26-10-2010 17:23:16

magius
Solarian

I think the Tournament is great but skewed to certain decks (i.e. high damage, fast attack decks). In order to balance things out, here are a few suggestions:

1) Limit fights to X mount of matches.
2) Some sort of tie-breaking mechanism to prevent over-stalling. Perhaps a point system similar to the xp gain for characters.

Just my 2 cents.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#14 26-10-2010 18:07:49

Octobaer
Ptit nouveau

It's bugged. I'm in a fight, my opponent is marked to select the duells first and i can do it, even if he should do it. Now it's frozen and nothing happens! Now i'm disconnected! roll

#15 26-10-2010 18:08:56

Politikas
Habitant de Guem

Sugestion. Get a stable server first, then do tournaments and all other stuff.

#16 26-10-2010 18:13:08

Octobaer
Ptit nouveau

I could reconnect and make my second game now. It seems to work now...

#17 27-10-2010 08:57:04

SamsonXL
Habitant de Guem

So after playing a tournament myself i'll give some feedback now.

The tournament itself went as i expexted. Some wins, some losses. Mediocre deck with mediocre rank in the end.

I didn't earn the 500 crystals back, but it was only a small loss i guess. This is ok, since every tournament held somewhere, be it eredan or any other "game" consists of each player paying a fee and the top ranks earning prizes.

But i have one problem with the tournaments. The 1600+ Elo room is dead. No one plays there anymore, since you can earn your Elo in the tournaments and on top of that have the chance of winning some nice amount of crystals.
I'd say this happens because there are so many tournaments a day. You just don't hav eto go to the Elo room. You can just keep on playing tournament after tournament. So i suggest reducing the amount of tournaments held a day to 3 or maybe 4.

If the situation stays like it is now, a player like me has nothing useful to do in this game, unless i keep on paying crystals. I am level 14, spent some real money here and there and have one deck, levelled to max. So the level rooms offer nothing to me. Even if i wanted to level a new deck there i'd get my but kicked with a bunch of level 1 chars. This is not what i consider fun.
Elo rooms are dead, as i already mentioned. So all i can do is either pay the entry fee over and over, playing nothing but tournaments or not play at all.

The tournaments themselves are nice, maybe a little tweak here and there, or different types of tournaments with different restrictions. But they work pretty fine as they are now. The only problem in my oppinion is the sheer amount of tournaments held. They prohibit any other kind of useful play to me, and propably many others too.

Pied de page des forums