Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 21-10-2010 15:14:58

Tankdave
Voyageur

Alarm

I strongly suggest that a sound signal 'ding' or something when you are prompted to act during a round, but, if not, definetely when you've been paired into a match.

The general reason for this is that people sometimes do other stuff in other windows, and there's really often no need to spend a whole minute waiting for something looking at the screen just so you make sure you don't miss your next action - which might be required in 5 seconds or 50 seconds.

The specific bigger reason that'd prompt this need though, is the usually-rather-barren 1650+ ELO rooms. There, the avarage wait time can go up to many minutes, and checking in every 1 minute about 20 times until you finally get a match in a major waste of time, frustrating a great deal when you time out for not having done so. An audio signal that you've been paired into a match would allow you to tab back from whatever you were reading in wikipedia and such and play your round.

Not least, the 1650+ rooms are often empty because of the vicious circle resulted from few people being in there. One of the big reasons why people aren't in there is because it doesn't allow to multi-task without such a sound signal. This would allow an ELO player that's simply hanging out online to constantly boost the number inside the room for a whole day.

Thanks,

#2 21-10-2010 15:16:11

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Re : Alarm

I like it

Wish I could have earphones at work though sad

Dunno how many ELO I timed out in 1650+ because of this situation

Edit:

Take note though, taht if you look at the tab itself....it DOES change to a timer when you enter games.

So if you have a different window open, you can still see the timer change int he taskbar...thats how I usually notice...

Dernière modification par Rathedan (21-10-2010 15:17:03)

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#3 21-10-2010 17:58:52

SmokinHot
Campeur

I agree with this as long as players have the option to turn it off. Some people like listening to music while playing and others might just get annoyed by it if it repeats too often. In fact, it should come with various settings such as...

Prompt Alarm Never Sounds
Prompt Alarm Sounds only at Game Start
Prompt Alarm Always Sounds (This is for when a game starts and when it is your time to act.)

#4 16-11-2010 05:13:28

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

but since we are into it, why does it take so long sometimes if there's an even number of players in the room?

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

Pied de page des forums