Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 20-09-2010 18:00:31

bleachman
Gardien

Presenting The Weres. A new guild and class idea of mine! :3

I wanted to make some card sugestions, but thought it would be more fun to come up with something entirely new. Something eredan does not have in its strategies and could surely use to make it a more unique and awesome gaming experience for everyone out there. (I know... I am terrible... xD)

The theme is shapeshifters. Persons who transform into other beings and take on their forms, skills and abilities. Themewise this would fit with a South American/North American-Indian tribe like look of people gifted by nature to be able to transform into beasts, animals and other things.

The guild I am talking about, or more suggesting, is called The Weres. They are all humans and belong to a trive that has received such gifts as mentioned above. In order to transform, however, they cannot wear any kind of armor or use any kind of weapons. This make sense since I cannot see a bear wearing some human sized armor or a wolf weilding a spear.

Thus a new class is born. The Shaman, as I like to call. Probably Shapeshifter would be a more accurate and better term.

The general mechanics of this guild/class would work as follows: Each character is associated with a specific animal and is granted extra bonis when transformed into the respective creature. In general, each character can transform into any kind of animal available, which means you could use a wide variety in combinations with your characters

I have some suggestive cards, which will help show what kind of systems I have in mind for these shapeshifters. The cards are just examples to give a rough idea and are definately not balanced enough to actually be used. I will present four characters and their respective animals, and explain the general mechanics on how these charactrs would work together.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#2 20-09-2010 18:04:22

bleachman
Gardien

Re : Presenting The Weres. A new guild and class idea of mine! :3

The Bear

Bears are powerful creatures in the wilderness and rather dominant as well. Their strength and toughness make them the perfect warriors and in this theme they represent the warrior aspect of this guild.

FarnLevel1.pngFarnLevel2.pngFarnLevel3.png

This is a character I had in mind as to how The Bear could be used. In order to transform, he will need to have one of the following Action Permanents equipped:

Bear.pngDreadBear.png

When a character is transformed into a bear, he or she will be able to use bear specific action cards, such as this one:

Mauling.png

Dernière modification par bleachman (20-09-2010 18:05:20)

#3 20-09-2010 18:09:43

bleachman
Gardien

The Wolf

Wolvs are cunning and intelligent hunters. They take down their foes in groups and then literally gang up on them until they are laying lifeless before them. I regard wolves as a marauder simular class, which instead of concentrating on high attack, tries to use other ways to get to their opponents.

SillLevel1.pngSillLevel2.pngSillLevel3.png

In order to transform into a wolf the character will need the following card (only made one cause I was too lazy to make a second xD):

Wolf.png

Once in wolf form wolves can use devious attack which more or less do not buff their strength, but supply a tactical advantage towards their enemy. Here is an example action card:

DownYouGo.png

Dernière modification par bleachman (20-09-2010 18:26:01)

#4 20-09-2010 18:13:34

Dantesan
Solarian

Brilliant post , great imagination there!

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#5 20-09-2010 18:14:06

bleachman
Gardien

The Owl

Owls are intelligent and wise creatures. Generally they are seen as inspiring creatures, among with other birds, and in this case help and support their friends. Owls are a priest kind of creatures tat can use a limited amount of theurgy cards when transformed. They heal their teammates and help make sure their friends stay alive.

MegLevel1.pngMegLevel2.pngMegLevel3.png

In order to transform into an owl, the character will need one of the following cards equipped:

Owl.pngMajesticOwl.png

When in Owl form, the character unlocks a small selection of theurgy cards to help and support their friends. Here such an example:

OwlsEmbrace.png

#6 20-09-2010 18:18:04

bleachman
Gardien

The Mole

Moles are burrow creatures, home in the depths of the earth beneath us. Throughout the years they have learned to control this earth and with these skills present the mages of this guild.

DerekLevel1.pngDerekLevel2.pngDerekLevel3.png

In order to become a mole a character must use one of the following cards:

Mole.pngGrandMole.png

When in mole form, the character unlocks the ability to use special earth spells. This are different from normal spells, as they are more physically influent, they attack against the defense score of the opponent(s) instead of the spirit score.

Termor.pngFissure.pngQuake.png

#7 20-09-2010 18:23:19

bleachman
Gardien

Transforming into animals and using the special cards unlocked through these transformations are not the only array these shapeshifters have to offer. In their tribe they craft talismans and amulets to encourage their own and show their beleifs. I have made some examples of how these trasures could look like and function in game:

WolfTail.png

OwlFeather.png

MoleClaws.png

MoleClaws.png

TransformationFocus.png

As shapeshifters/shamans cannot use armory and weapons, their animal forms + their respective bonis will basically replace the lack of weapons and the ability to use any of the other class cards, such as warrior, marauder, mage, priest cards.

Their unique ability to be able to switch 'classes' at will, will make them a class that offers many variations in gameplay as well as an interesting foe to face. You never know what you might face. smile

I hope you guys like my idea. If you are interested and would like more ideas/support on this issue, feel free to ask away. big_smile

#8 20-09-2010 18:24:49

bleachman
Gardien

dantesan a écrit :

Brilliant post , great imagination there!

lol thanks. big_smile

Wasn't even done posting yet. xD

Tell me what you think when you've seen it all! big_smile

#9 20-09-2010 18:39:16

akaineko
Gardien
Lieu : ailleurs

really good, tranformation is a vey good idea, but very powerfull no?

may be use another icone than human one for the "tranfo only" card?

Dernière modification par akaineko (20-09-2010 18:42:17)

only try to realise the truth

#10 20-09-2010 18:40:54

bleachman
Gardien

akaineko a écrit :

really good, tranformation is a vey good idea, but very powerfull no?

Yes and no. Of course it would need some modification. But do consider, literally no weapons or armor can be used. So they rely on their transformations and talismans as boosts to be able to compete with the rest of the guilds out there. smile

#11 20-09-2010 18:43:56

akaineko
Gardien

yep but weapon and armor are not the more powerfull card, well some are good but only recently...

they can use weap and armor in human form and lose them in animal form?

#12 20-09-2010 18:47:57

Cartel
Voyageur

Probably the most original and well thought out card suggestion so far. You can tell a lot of thought went into it. I thought the idea of not being able to using weapons was logical and appropriate while the shapeshifting is a fresh idea. Having to equip a specific card to shift might be problematic. If you run 3 of each shapeshift card that is almost half your deck. Once you shift then the other cards just become discard fodder. Maybe make a card that shifts everything but with immediate bonus or maybe even a penalty? Would shifting as part of their order work? Anyways, love the idea and hopefully something similar sees the light of day.

#13 20-09-2010 18:48:26

bleachman
Gardien

akaineko a écrit :

yep but weapon and armor are not the more powerfull card, well some are good but only recently...

they can use weap and armor in human form and lose them in animal form?

No weapons or armor at all. Neither in animal nor in human form. Basically this means you would have to get the transformations equipped.
And it is not too bad the boosts. Take Farn and his Dread Bear form.

He gets a total of 4 Attack and 1 Defense when equipped with it.

My Kotoba warriors get 4/2 when equipped with Emperor's speech and wakizashi. So basically it is kind of supposed to even out the lack of items. tongue

#14 20-09-2010 18:50:27

bleachman
Gardien

Cartel a écrit :

Probably the most original and well thought out card suggestion so far. You can tell a lot of thought went into it. I thought the idea of not being able to using weapons was logical and appropriate while the shapeshifting is a fresh idea. Having to equip a specific card to shift might be problematic. If you run 3 of each shapeshift card that is almost half your deck. Once you shift then the other cards just become discard fodder. Maybe make a card that shifts everything but with immediate bonus or maybe even a penalty? Would shifting as part of their order work? Anyways, love the idea and hopefully something similar sees the light of day.

Well others can use the shapeshifting forms as well. Meaning a person who prefers owl transformations can still transform into a wolf when needed. He or she then gains the wolf boosts but lacks the special character bonus for the specific animal.

On other hand though, he or she can use animal specific cards of the animal equipped.

The whole idea is to be able to switch your animal type in combat to switch tactics. smile

#15 20-09-2010 18:55:09

akaineko
Gardien

hmm its a really good idea, i think the staff won t create another guild but may be  in a sub type like tsoutaî or circus

#16 20-09-2010 18:57:28

bleachman
Gardien

akaineko a écrit :

hmm its a really good idea, i think the staff won t create another guild but may be  in a sub type like tsoutaî or circus

You never know. tongue I doubt so any time soon, since adding something like this would take a lot of preperation, but I would not say it is not going to happen. tongue

#17 20-09-2010 19:05:52

akaineko
Gardien

i m nearly sur they will be only 7 guild ^^

#18 20-09-2010 19:09:54

boardhound
Ptit nouveau

as a whole i dont hate the idea but as you said this is a rough draft ... for your weapon stand point i think they would have to create a new class that doenst work with most equipment "shaman" but some of it would still take as like simple dagger and runic gauntlet which are pretty normal and those on humans would be fine but animal form would have to drop them ... as for the specific animals that seems like it would be a problem with interfacing the other guilds since we already have a were, a wolf, a lion, a snake ... i like this in the form of like a second merc guild that can pair with a previous guild "spirits" or "protectors" with the desire to guard the stone ... talismans can be jewels or scrolls for long/short term use ... just some thoughts hope they are helpful

#19 20-09-2010 23:42:35

steven_allen
Solarian

Make a super form like Abomination called Chimera.:D  I like the idea.  Could be assossiated with the pack maybe?  Or just Mercs.  I like the idea of them only using transformations and no weapons, too.

Disruptor!

#20 22-09-2010 06:54:09

bleachman
Gardien

I can see this group running as a mercenary band or one in some other guild (Zil maybe?). With their special abilities and 'equipped' transformations they are just as good as if they were equipped with two items (weapon/armor/etc). I would leave out the use of items in general, to show them being more a nature related folk or group, not used to forgeries and craftsmanship beyond their realms.

And I do see it as an odd thing to let animals equip weapons. I saw one of those lion cubs using a two handed spear and a runic gauntlet at the same time. xD I have a hard time imaging something like that, but do think it would help make these characters unique from the rest. ^^

#21 23-09-2010 20:28:25

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

bleachman a écrit :

I can see this group running as a mercenary band or one in some other guild (Zil maybe?). With their special abilities and 'equipped' transformations they are just as good as if they were equipped with two items (weapon/armor/etc). I would leave out the use of items in general, to show them being more a nature related folk or group, not used to forgeries and craftsmanship beyond their realms.

And I do see it as an odd thing to let animals equip weapons. I saw one of those lion cubs using a two handed spear and a runic gauntlet at the same time. xD I have a hard time imaging something like that, but do think it would help make these characters unique from the rest. ^^

I think that the idea is great. But you may want to strongly consider what others are suggesting. Allowing them to use weapons in human form and discarding them in shifted form would be better. Not allowing these new characters to use weapons/armor/etc would require a complete new deck to be created by the developers unless you have in mind enough support cards like wolf tail, owl feather... Not counting the actual character cards could you have 20 (give or take a few) new cards specifically catered to this new class? And also the use of certain items like healing balm should be something that they could be able to use. Even those who may not use more modern technologies make use of healing items that can be made from plants and animals. You could also include specific weapons like "Bestial" for the Zil. Something they could use when out of shifted form. Suppose 2 of your 3 shifting cards are at the bottom of the deck. Are they going to have to discard every card to take advantage of those just to turn around to have no cards left to play? Perhaps just one card to transform them all. And if they are able to have mages or priests, why not allow scrolls to be used? Just a few more ideas to throw around.

Bottom line...
New cards/class idea = Awesome
No item cars in general = A bit more difficult

Don't go into the jungle dressed like a banana if you don't like monkeys!

#22 24-09-2010 02:05:52

bleachman
Gardien

They only cannot use weapons and armor. All other kinds of items are usable.

The idea about this group of characters is that they transform and thus are allowed to use a selection of special skills, skills other classes do not have. As the transformations are permanents, they gain the stat bonis permanently and can also use the cards from the respective animal.

I am sure I wont have to sugest al of the items to the dev team. xD They are more than capable in creating their own and if they plan to, so add this idea to their development. I just wanted to supply a general idea. tongue

#23 11-10-2010 17:06:27

kappa1uk
Campeur

Awesome.

Pop in and say Hi to the English Speaking population of Eredan.
Live chat for all comers. http://xat.com/EredanUnite

#24 16-11-2010 05:43:43

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

awright!

i think tha non weaponry is in accordance to a kind of naturis philosophy - "nature gives all you need to fight and fight back for your life" - so they still could use scrolls or potions or armors, but not shield or weapons... guys we have also the cursed items to increment them

about the transformation, two situations...
1 - we include them in different guilds so as they could have more advasntages but it wouldn't be an advantage to use more than one of these chars in a deck...
2- insteadof cards activatio, we use situation activations...
eg: to turn into an owl you should have mmm... 5 spell or theurgy cards in the discard pile... or maybe to turn into a wolf wil cost that the three of your chars are under certain healt amount so the protective spirit of a pack leader would turn him into an animal!

the effect cards could be more integrated with the other cards as well:
defense +1, if the character is a wolf +2 instead and chain action

great mechanics huh?

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

#25 16-11-2010 05:46:20

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

and i believe the earth dammage is not that nice as well, instead earth magic would be defensive, like armor bonuses or immobilizing an action or dealing "strikebacks" like [card]bearcupine[/card]

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

Pied de page des forums