Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 17-09-2010 09:46:20

steven_allen
Solarian

Card value terminology

There are a couple terms used by a very few cards that I believe could be worded better.  I know there is a card wording thread, but this is different.  The wording in question is "printed" values, i.e. printed attack, printed defense, etc.

To those who have a MTG background, "printed" would refer to the "basic" values.  For example, [card]Iro the Duelist[/card] has a printed attack score of 5/9.  The issue is, when a value is modified, the literal printed score will change, as in it will no longer read 5/9, but what ever the current score is.  In my opinion, the term "basic score" is a clearer term.  The problem is, the word basic is a "reserved keyword" currently used to describe the low attack score, so "basic" and high attack.  I suggest that the low, or "basic", attack score be referred to as just that, the low attack score.  This would free up the term "basic" to be used for the unmodified spirit, attack, defense and health values.  For example, Iro's basic low attack is five, and his basic high is nine, his basic defense value is two, and so on.  To me, that is much clearer than "printed".

To sum it up, "printed" should be changed to "basic."  And the use of "basic" as low attack score should be changed to just "low attack score."  Give your opinions.

Disruptor!

#2 17-09-2010 10:04:55

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

Re : Card value terminology

While I don't disagree with Steven's opinon at all ("Low" would have been a more accurate English term for what is called "Basic"), I did just want to point out two things.

1. "Basic" is a term that appears on many, many cards (over a hundred would be my guess), and also in the hardcoded flash script (when you mouseover your attack scores, you'll see them called "Basic/High").  Currently, "printed" only appears on three cards. While changing 'printed' to a better term would be no problem, changing 'basic' is honestly unlikely to happen.

2. The game does offer a way in which a modified ("current") value can be differentiated from an unmodified ("printed") value . A Printed value is always shown in white text, while a modified value will be shown in either green (if it's higher) or red (if it's lower) text. If a current value is modified more than once and returns to its Printed value, it also returns to white text. In addition, you can mouseover any value and the game will display the Printed value in a tooltip. I believe this does a lot to alleviate any confusion about the difference in values.

Again, I'm not trying to argue against Steven's point - if you agree or disagree, please post your opinions! Nothing is more important than feedback when you're trying to improve playability!

#3 17-09-2010 11:33:12

Dantesan
Solarian

Re : Card value terminology

I'm all ears to suggestions guys, don't hesitate to post your opinions.

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

Pied de page des forums