Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 05-09-2010 22:05:46

steven_allen
Solarian

Oh, I'm good.

Oh, I'm good averages your basic attack scores.  I was playing a game earlier and a player used one on me.  So, for example, my lvl. 3 Iro's attack score was 8/8.  Later in the game, after equipping several items, the player stacked Oh I'm good, and made my attack score 8/8.  The card doesn't say that it MAKES my attack score the average of my basic score, just that it averages it.  So, is it a bug, or is the card written wrong?

Disruptor!

#2 06-09-2010 00:43:48

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

Re : Oh, I'm good.

I still haven't got a chance to use this card, so I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to work - but I do know it's been one of the most difficult to translate. I'll do a little testing and see if I can figure out what's up. In the meantime, if anyone has hands-on knowledge of the card's mechanics and wants to post about it here, I'd appreciate the input!

#3 06-09-2010 01:13:36

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

OK from what I can tell, the card is a much better card than I thought!

The moment the card is played, it takes each character's PRINTED basic/high attack scores, averages them (rounding up), and makes that number their new basic/high attack scores. This means that any bonus effects the current characters are benefitting from (items or action cards) are ignored, as the scores are replaced.

After the current battle is over, the effect persists (the averaging of basic low/high attacks). New cards can be played to add bonuses again, but the scores will be recalculated afterward.

So, example time: if you have Iro (Rank 3) equipped with a Short Sword, his attack has gone from 6/9 to 9/12. Your opponent plays "Oh I'm Good" in the current battle, and Iro's attack score changes to 8/8 (because it's dropped to the printed 6/9, averaged to 7.5/7.5, and then rounded up to 8/8).

If, in the next battle you play "In Your Face!" on Iro, his attack will become 9/9, because his 8/8 attack has gone to 8/10, and it's then averaged to 9/9.

The "basic boost"* effect takes precedence over this calculation. In other words, If in the next battle, you were to play "All is Fair In Love" on Iro, his attack will become 11/11, because his 8/8 attack has gone to 11/8, prompting the Boost to kick in and make it 11/11.

If anyone has experience with this card that differs from this description, please post here. In the meantime, I'm going to suggest an alternate wording in the Wrong Text forum, as the English text still doesn't adequately convey what the card does.

*the effect which causes a character's High Attack to rise to match its Basic Attack when the Basic number becomes larger through a bonus

Dernière modification par John_Snyder (08-09-2010 03:00:20)

#4 06-09-2010 04:33:11

bleachman
Gardien

If that is really the case in how that card works, I would highly suggest you guys consider nerfing it. It's literally a close combat killer card, basically rendering Warrior/Marauder decks pretty useless, especially since they highly rely on equips to keep their stats up.

Seeing my 12/15 Iro being reduced to a mere 8/8 in one turn from one uncommon card is just depressing and pretty unbalanced. Especially if this state persists after the turn.

If it does persist to be this way, at least make it a unique card, so it isn't overly abused by others out there. Or alter its effects so it does not stay that way after one turn.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#5 06-09-2010 07:25:06

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

I feel your pain, but I think you'll find that you have lots of ways to get around it.

Keep in mind that it can only be played by the Zil, only by Warriors (Zil doesn't have many), and if you kill the equipped character, the effect goes away.
Also, equipment played or activated AFTER the effect will behave as normal. For a cheap counter, I'd suggest you pack 3 [card]In the Nick Of Time[/card]s and use them to 'revive' already-played equipment, or as insurance (as your second card) after you equip something vital.

#6 06-09-2010 07:26:50

steven_allen
Solarian

I agree, the effect is too potent for such a common card.

Disruptor!

#7 06-09-2010 07:43:39

bleachman
Gardien

The Shadow and Abonimation are the most potent Warrior characters in the game and belong to the Zil... xD

There is just cause for my worry. Seeing these are the big baddies in most high end Zil decks...

#8 06-09-2010 09:50:25

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

I'd be more concerned if the play environment bore out your worries - but it doesn't. Nobody is running this in ELO.  And you can buy them for 300 crystals in the Market!  Look at [card]All is Fair In Love...[/card], a well-known power Uncommon, as a comparison - it sells for literally ten times that amount.

Personally, I spent all day with them in my deck and now I'm taking them out. It's a good card - much better than I thought. But it doesn't fit standard Zil tactics that well. I may try it again if I build a Pack deck at some point.

#9 06-09-2010 11:52:21

bleachman
Gardien

Oh I have a few tactics in mind. tongue I just lack the powerful character cards to make it possible. ^^

I agree, until the community speaks up it is not worth getting riled up about it. Though I would recommend keeping it close just in case. Also consider that a large portion of the english speaking community isn't too forum active. At least from what I can see browsing these forums~

#10 06-09-2010 17:58:26

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

I keep a few kicking around, but I barely play them. They're good but they tend to play counterintuitive to a normal Zil deck. They might become stronger, but they're only semi-consistent strong for the moment.

I'd like to play them more, they do tend to make an opponent frustrated smile

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#11 06-09-2010 22:04:37

steven_allen
Solarian

I'm not saying its a broken card or anything, I was just surprised by the stackable effect.  I didn't even lose the game, or a character to it.  I didn't think of use In the Nick of Time, though.  I didn't realize that it would reactivate my items, thanks for the tip!

Disruptor!

#12 08-09-2010 02:05:37

Rathedan
Nehantiste

John_Snyder a écrit :

After the current battle is over, the effect persists (the averaging of basic low/high attacks), but new cards can be played to add bonuses again. HOWEVER, (and this is the part that's difficult to convey through card text), further bonuses are considered to alter the printed attack scores (the base from which the averages are being taken).

I've been playing around with it today and this isn't correct.

Bonuses play on top of whatever visible attack score you have.

Ex:

I play [card]bigrage[/card], and [card]Oh, I'm good![/card] gets played

Bigrages attack goes to 8/8 (rounds up his printed attack score)

I then play [card]Smartass[/card]. His attack score goes to 10/8, then jumps to 10/10.

In all honesty, if you can save Im good! until round three, which should be easy, if you have Either a Shadow/Abom combo or a Pack Deck, you can annihliate Item heavy attacks like the Kabota, and all the while boosting the "All is Fair in love"/"and war" combo to a guaranteed +6 topend attack

Throwing one or two in a deck can get pretty nasty for Kabota, which Im having a lot of toruble with right now...

-Lonak

#13 08-09-2010 02:37:30

bleachman
Gardien

Rathedan a écrit :

Throwing one or two in a deck can get pretty nasty for Kabota, which Im having a lot of toruble with right now...

Exacly why I think it is too super powerful. xD Aren't there enough anti-warrior cards out there? tongue

#14 08-09-2010 02:43:27

Rathedan
Nehantiste

Not for a Marauder deck....maybe in a noz deck.

This actually gives me a chance versus some of the kabotas right now that I always lose to:/

-Lonak

#15 08-09-2010 02:47:28

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

Rathedan a écrit :

Bonuses play on top of whatever visible attack score you have.

Ex:

I play [card]bigrage[/card], and [card]Oh, I'm good![/card] gets played

Bigrages attack goes to 8/8 (rounds up his printed attack score)

I then play [card]Smartass[/card]. His attack score goes to 10/8, then jumps to 10/10.

Yeah, I figured that after the post and modified my card text revision (removed the "futher bonuses are considered to alter the printed value" text). I'll edit the above post to reflect this.

Current text of the card seem OK to you? [card]Oh, I'm Good[/card]

#16 08-09-2010 02:55:11

Rathedan
Nehantiste

I noticed that today actually. Looks better for sure.

-Lonak

#17 08-09-2010 03:03:31

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

And Bigrage is female!

big_smile

#18 08-09-2010 04:23:19

bleachman
Gardien

Rathedan a écrit :

Not for a Marauder deck....maybe in a noz deck.

This actually gives me a chance versus some of the kabotas right now that I always lose to:/

Marauder decks are quick hitters and more suitable against their own or mages. So it is 'normal' to struggle against warrior decks. I can only suggest making a marauder deck a bit more like a warrior deck to balance it out.

Some marauders in Zil have high Defense scores, something most marauders lack. Abonimation, Ergue, Bigrage, The Shadow, BloodSword are all great defensive marauders and also good in damage and HP areas as well. Throw in some good daggers and a tip, use the level 1 healing daggers and do not level them.

The activated +2HP heals work wonders and can be game decided as well. Plus they suit you out with enough attack to nail those tough warriors.

There are plenty of 'Anti-Warrior'  cards out there too that you can use to even out the odds. smile Just remember that that card is pretty much only useful against warrior decks and wont be as efficient or useful against mages/marauders. I'd suggest getting universally good cards to help your gameplay instead of focusing on one kind of enemy. tongue

#19 08-09-2010 04:44:36

Rathedan
Nehantiste

John_Snyder a écrit :

And Bigrage is female!

big_smile

Explains the rage wink

bleachman a écrit :

I'd suggest getting universally good cards to help your gameplay instead of focusing on one kind of enemy.

Yes and no.

2 cards isn't much to give up to counter certain decks. I have 2 Diversions for Mages/Priests, now trying two of these cards added in to counter high/quick attacks. Sacrificing 4 cards for "situational" matters, especially when in most cases at least 2 of them are still playable, allows you to have 18 cards, plus 2 discards if they draw. Most decks in any good CCG are designed with weakness counters in mind like this.

They work extremely well as 4th card played against both Zil and Kabota. Someone plays Time to Die + Assasination....all of a sudden the bonus is gone. Someone loads up on equipment, its all gone.

Plus on top of that, if you use any sort of combo where attack is +X/+0, using Oh Im good boosts thier attack.

As it stands, they're much more than situational cards either way in the deck buildup I'm testing them with tonight.

-Lonak

#20 08-09-2010 05:03:46

bleachman
Gardien

I would rather buff up some attacks than that kind of defense in a marauder deck. However I would use the card in a mage based Zil deck. There I find it would help against the onslaught of marauders against those squishy mages. ^_^

But do feel free to try it out. Keep me informed on how it works out for you. I have a baby Zil marauder deck (still working on abonimation... xD) and plan to make an efficient one later on. ^^

#21 08-09-2010 14:57:07

Rathedan
Nehantiste

I originally started trying it out last night with the combination I was using for current EVO: Silene (lvl 3) Selene (lvl 2) and Cigue (lvl 3), along with 2 O!IG cards.

Results were mixed at best. I was relying on Selene solely for O!IG to play.

Swapped out Cigue for Mashtok, and the difference was noticeable immediately.

Pros:

It worked well for the reasons I mentioned above. If I could pull one of the 2 cards in the starting 3 plays, I could almost guarantee the opportunity to attach it to one of the two warriors.

Playing it on the first few turns allowed me to counter order bonuses and card synergies (Talendars/Bloodsword +1 att for Zil, Kabota's various +1 attacks from other cards).

Playing it later gave the opportunity to nix weapon equips if they got out of hand as well. Has saved my ass a few times now from defeat.

And on top of it, so long as it was the second chained -especially when it was the 4th ordered card- it was extremely good at countering +attack chains like [card]Time to Die[/card]/[card]Assasination[/card], [card]All is fair in love...[/card]/[card]and war[/card], and [card]Win using force[/card]/[card]Kensensei[/card].....I even used it against a Noz [card]The Last Action[/card]/[card]Than the sword[/card] combo that had Pilkin up to something like 19/23. Also counters the ever dreaded Bunny card somewhat by resetting your attack!

The even attack power boosts the Love and War combo to +6 attack overall, and knowing exactly how much damage I do lets me manage attack better. Unless its against another Marauder deck, resetting the board and basing it off base attack averages usually benefits me more than my opponent as well.

Cons:

Against spells its pointless. If anything, it's more hamful when facing multiple Than the sword type attacks, since it ups mages/preists base attacks.

Using it on the first few turns is pointless. Having it in your hand at the start means playing it ineffectively.

Same goes for card order. 1st and 2nd order don't pack the same effect as 3rd/4th. Problem is, to get to the second order, you need to chain it. And in a Zil deck, all your chains should be focusing on +att, so effectively, you're wasting a chain card in order to get the full effect of O!IG.

Need 2 warriors for it to play well. If you're in the middle of EVOing Abom and Shadow, its hard to play it unless you have Mashtok/Silene.

Fenrath's bonus to the rest of The Pack gets nixed if played late in the game, untill you get hit again(I'm assuming). Bestial, a big part of the pack, also is nixed unless played after.

Dernière modification par Rathedan (08-09-2010 14:59:19)

-Lonak

#22 08-09-2010 15:42:05

steven_allen
Solarian

I got annihilated by a pack deck yesterday using that exact combo, lol.  He dropped O!IG 3rd or 4th turn and then a bestial on faceless and bloodsword.  I think Bloodsword was a 15/15 by then, it was scary.

Disruptor!

#23 08-09-2010 16:00:02

Rathedan
Nehantiste

It works, but its not concrete. I'm still having a horrible time killing off kabota still. It just gives me a chance instead of zero chance like before hmm

Its better, but their defensive bonus are killing me. I usually see 4 Def to start, and up to 8 or 9 by the time people are done adding shields and cards.

-Lonak

#24 08-09-2010 23:05:49

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

Are you not running any kind of equipment hate?

#25 08-09-2010 23:23:47

Rathedan
Nehantiste

I could throw back in to lay bare, but it'd hamper the deck too much.

Its not the armor that sucks. Its Xin @ 5 Defense and adding +1 Def to the others, Asarijo adding +1 Attack/+1 defense,  Imperial lord reaping the benefits while adding his own +1 attack.

So off the bat, the three of them have at least 5 if not 6 Defense each. Add in simple shields and Blast off, Xin can reach 9 defense without me even being able to lay a card down to prevent it (Unless Im lucky with obeisity).

Even if I can armor hate, its really wasn't working. O!IG at least deflates thier attack repeatedly so I can maybe try to beat them down

-Lonak

Pied de page des forums