Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 11-08-2010 08:34:23

Manacycler
Ptit nouveau

Item and Magic Cards

How do item cards work? For example, I played guardian's spear using a warrior against a marauder, but nothing happened. Is there some specific way to do this?

Also, how do magic cards factor into this? From what I can tell, they act like normal cards except only a mage/priest may use them, correct? (I also found it funny I had to translate the forum just to register)

#2 11-08-2010 11:10:22

Dimizar
Le Grand Corrupteur

Re : Item and Magic Cards

Hi Manacycler,

Welcome here.

[card]guardian's spear[/card]

Weapon and armor are activated at the end of a turn. So when you play a armor, nothing happen directly.

Game Designer / Writer - Staff Feerik

Clan Feerik

#3 12-08-2010 01:26:05

Manacycler
Ptit nouveau

yeah,I found that out after some experimentation ^^;;

Ok, second question: This relates to magic cards and attacks. When I play the magic users (i haven't memorized the names yet) and i use magic spells, sometimes they attack and sometimes they don't. What determines if they attack or not? Is it if I play two spells? Is it if I play a spell that inflicts damage? what?

#4 12-08-2010 05:02:07

Manacycler
Ptit nouveau

Agh! Sorry, one more question (I could really use a rulebook) what is a "reserved Marauder card?" like on Telendar's second form? I'd post the picture but I don't have him unlocked yet (and apprently neitehr does anyone else, or at least no one's selling)

#5 12-08-2010 11:02:53

Dimizar
Le Grand Corrupteur

Manacycler a écrit :

yeah,I found that out after some experimentation ^^;;

Ok, second question: This relates to magic cards and attacks. When I play the magic users (i haven't memorized the names yet) and i use magic spells, sometimes they attack and sometimes they don't. What determines if they attack or not? Is it if I play two spells? Is it if I play a spell that inflicts damage? what?

A wizard may make a magical attack with one or two spell cards R make is own Attack (write on is card).

For example if you play a Fireball the wizard doesn't attack. If you play a speel like last word, who gives an attack bonus, the wizard attack normally.

We are translating the wiki in english. So you can read rules and co soon.

Clan Feerik

#6 12-08-2010 11:06:06

Dimizar
Le Grand Corrupteur

Manacycler a écrit :

Agh! Sorry, one more question (I could really use a rulebook) what is a "reserved Marauder card?" like on Telendar's second form? I'd post the picture but I don't have him unlocked yet (and apprently neitehr does anyone else, or at least no one's selling)

in the up left corner of Eredan's none character cards you may see restrictions like "marauder" or "Kotoba". this is mean you must play this card with a marauder character.

Clan Feerik

#7 12-08-2010 12:52:13

Manacycler
Ptit nouveau

Ahh ok, so an example of a reserved maruader card would be smart ass or surprise attack. Alright, thanks this has been very helpful.

#8 13-08-2010 08:14:43

Manacycler
Ptit nouveau

Got another. I'm looking at Telendar's (second form) upgrade screen and I notice his stage three has a lock on it. also there's something written in french but i don't know what. What is it? Is his third form not even made yet? Or do I need to buy some sort of key to unlock the ability to have it?

#9 14-08-2010 06:47:45

Andy Sipka
Ptit nouveau

Dimizar, I'm a little confused about your response to Mages and whether or not they get to attack.  It seems to me from experimentation that if you cast certain spells you will never get an attack that round.  Or is it the other way around?  Also, why do some mages get to play 2 cards each turn while other mages and every other class only get to play 1?

#10 14-08-2010 13:01:43

SDD
Habitant de Guem

Andy Sipka a écrit :

Dimizar, I'm a little confused about your response to Mages and whether or not they get to attack.  It seems to me from experimentation that if you cast certain spells you will never get an attack that round.  Or is it the other way around?  Also, why do some mages get to play 2 cards each turn while other mages and every other class only get to play 1?

a mage with two-class like  Mage-Marauder[card]Akutsai[/card] or Mage-Warrior[card]golemarlok[/card] can only play 1 spell per turn, but this one ALWAYS attack

><)))_°> IRC Eredan <°_)))><

><)))_°> Un vote pour Eredan! <°_)))><

#11 14-08-2010 16:42:59

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

As a new player to the game, I have to concur that the Spells are by far the most confusing aspect of the game for English players. With no rules to read, and no keywords to help us, they appear to act erratically.

It is not always clear which cards are attacks and which are not. For instance, "Static Charge" deals damage to the opponent, but it does not replace the Mage's basic attack when cast.

I'd suggest that Spells which will replace a Mage or Priest's Basic attack should have a keyword (such as "Attack") in their text box. For instance, "Fireball" would say "Spell Fire Attack" in its text box. This would be much more intuitive for English-speaking players, even without a detailed rules explanation.

I have a question as well. I am still confused about what the "Zone" keyword means. It appears to be used only on spells that affect characters outside of the current battle, but it does not appear on all spells that do this (for instance, "Fog" does not have the Zone keyword). Can you explain this to me?

#12 14-08-2010 17:04:24

SDD
Habitant de Guem

John_Snyder a écrit :

but it does not replace the Mage's basic attack when cast.

it does on your first cast, after that, he is treat "like an item".

John_Snyder a écrit :

I have a question as well. I am still confused about what the "Zone" keyword means. It appears to be used only on spells that affect characters outside of the current battle, but it does not appear on all spells that do this (for instance, "Fog" does not have the Zone keyword). Can you explain this to me?

about the keyword Zone, this one mean you can't cast a spell before or after this card (not chain-able)

example:
[card]Unleash hell[/card] + [card]Unleash hell[/card] => not allowed
[card]fireball[/card] + [card]Unleash hell[/card] => not allowed
but fog+fog is ok

Dernière modification par SDD (14-08-2010 17:11:43)

#13 14-08-2010 17:25:11

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

SDD a écrit :

about the keyword Zone, this one mean you can't cast a spell before or after this card (not chain-able)

Ah! Now I understand! Thank you! I thought "Zone" meant the non-combat zone. smile

#14 14-08-2010 17:50:37

SDD
Habitant de Guem

John_Snyder a écrit :
SDD a écrit :

Ah! Now I understand! Thank you! I thought "Zone" meant the non-combat zone. smile

Zone actually mean "Area of effect"

#15 14-08-2010 18:04:56

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

Got it! "Area" does make much more sense. wink

#16 17-08-2010 07:02:28

Manacycler
Ptit nouveau

Still waiting on that Telendar explanation XP

#17 17-08-2010 07:15:23

Dimizar
Le Grand Corrupteur

Manacycler a écrit :

Telendar can chain if the first played card is marauder reserved, like [card]assassination[/card].

Clan Feerik

#18 17-08-2010 09:47:20

John_Snyder
Habitant de Guem

I believe he means a card limited to Marauders, manacycler.

Dimizar, you might want to change the English text on that one. Maybe "Gain a Chain when you play a card limited to the Marauder class."

#19 17-08-2010 10:26:26

Dantesan
Solarian

John_Snyder a écrit :

I believe he means a card limited to Marauders, manacycler.

Dimizar, you might want to change the English text on that one. Maybe "Gain a Chain when you play a card limited to the Marauder class."

The text has been changed.

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#20 17-08-2010 15:25:04

Stowick
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Strasbourg

Dimizar a écrit :
Manacycler a écrit :

Telendar can chain if the first played card is marauder reserved, like [card]assassination[/card].

He meant why he can't upgrade it to it's final upgrade/form (which is 3). That's "normal" Manacycler, there are some characters like that who need either [card]Apostle of destiny[/card] or [card]Watchmaker of destiny[/card] to be upgraded to their final upgrade/form.

There's a list for the concerned characters:

[card]Apostle of destiny[/card]:
- [card]Ombreuse[/card] ([card]Silène[/card] level 3 + [card]Sélène[/card] level 3)
- [card]Pilkim[/card]
- [card]Prophet[/card]
- [card]Akutsai[/card] ([card]Aku[/card] level 2 + [card]Akujin[/card] level 2)
- [card]Toran the faithless[/card]

[card]Watchmaker of destiny[/card]:
- [card]Telendar[/card]
- [card]Zahal[/card]
- [card]Gakyusha the Imperial Lord[/card]
- [card]Tsuro[/card]
- [card]Abomination[/card] ([card]Ergue[/card] level 2 + [card]Soriek[/card] level 2 = [card]Mashtok[/card] level 3 then 4 + another [card]Ergue[/card] level 2 + [card]Bigrage[/card] level 2 = [card]Cigue[/card] level 3 then 4)

So for all those characters you need these 2 "special" characters. Once you level'd up to 3, [card]Apostle of destiny[/card] and [card]Watchmaker of destiny[/card] you can't sell them. It's normal, don't worry, it's just to make you keep them so you can level safely the stuck upgrades.

Oh and sorry if i did some mistakes about the translation of the cards but not all of them are available in my collection or on the market.

Dernière modification par Stowick (17-08-2010 15:26:36)

Pied de page des forums