Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 24-12-2012 12:30:26

kmilea
Staff Feerik

December 24th: Our goals for the beginning of 2013

news_obj2013.jpg

Eredan iTCG has kept on progressing since it was created two and a half years ago. We have tried to ameliorate the game, we have offered you a great number of cards, to try and make up a world and a game experience that are vast, rich and picturesque.

Paradoxically, as some of you pointed out, we now need to go through adjustments if we want this richness to remain strengthful. The aim of my message is to tell you about these adjustments in progress, to give you details about their nature and their interest:

The fact that there are so many cards makes the game quite hard to access to new players. And, everyday, there are plenty of them who are directly immersed in a world made of more than 2,000 cards!

You can imagine how long and difficult it can be to grasp such an environment. What's more, these new players rapidly face hardened players with much stronger decks. Both of which can leave them a bitter taste...

We would like to make the game more intuitive and as interesting on the first levels as on the highest. Therefore we have created a "Basic Set". This particular series contains more or less 350 cards that we have selected among the existing cards and it will be the only one new players can access when they start playing.

A "Basic Set" booster will enable one to obtain cards from this series. We want the cards it contains to be accessible to make them a good basis to start with any Eredan iTCG guild.

A permanent tournament will be set up in which only the cards from this "Basic Set" and the "Adventure" series can be played. So new players can challenge one another and cut their teeth in competitions. Do not worry, a second version of this tournament will be open to high level players so all of you can try this simplified format.

To ameliorate new players' experience is not our only aim. We also want to make the game more attractive for higher level players. We know the competitive environment is too vast and that it harms the quality of the game.

First, because of the size of the game environment, the creation of new cards becomes more and more difficult: it is now problematic to take all the possible interactions into account when a new card is created. Therefore the equilibrium of this environment has become somewhat unstable.

Second, little by little, at time and releases go by, boosters tend to be less and less interesting for players. The number of cards is far too high (many of them are outdated) and the chances to get a good card gave decreases. That explains why the prices of cards have increased.

To correct that, we have planned to create a new permanent tournament that will be played in a sounder environment, made of the most recent cards: the Standard format.

In this format, only the "Basic Set" and the Adventure" series cards plus the cards from the current Act and the two previous Acts will be allowed.

One will easily access the cards from that format thanks to the new "Standard" booster that will only contain cards from the last three Acts. Once more, that way, the access to cards will be facilitated.

The creation of this format is a solution that makes the competitive environment more easily controlled with a limited number of cards. We therefore avoid issues I mentioned before. The Amnezy tournament will still exist, of course. Hardened players will still have the opportunity to challenge one another through the existing format which contains all the Eredan iTCG cards.

We believe these modifications will be advantageous to the game and the players. One will get far more opportunities to reach the highest level, and the competition will be open to the largest number of players.

And last but not least, we have planned to modify the players' level system. We know the progression for high level players is slow and somewhat monotonous therefore we are going to set up a new progression curve so players can get the opportunity to upgrade, even at that stage. As an example, with the new system, level-20 players will become level-28 players. Players will also get the opportunity to progress and unlock rewards up to level 50 (of course no player will lose his/her progression, your level will just be updated according to the experience you acquired).

You might have understood that we want Eredan iTCG to linger on, that is why we are working to make it more accessible and approachable, to make it a game of its time so it become a reference in the world of online trading card games!

Season's Greetings

The Eredan iTCG team

#2 24-12-2012 14:27:26

Surly
Ptit nouveau

Re : December 24th: Our goals for the beginning of 2013

Yay! Basically all of my suggestions.

I feel so validated now.

#3 24-12-2012 14:38:59

Brzost
Habitant de Guem

When will a or more banlist come?

#4 24-12-2012 14:41:12

Caitlyn
Guémélite

most of the important details are still ambiguous so I guess I will reserve my opinion until some of the concrete details are released.

one thing though, im not sure if I understood correctly or if it was lost in translation.
It was mentioned that the "equilibrium is unstable" but nothing was mentioned about how it will be addressed.  Should I assume that the tournaments are the answer?

i <3 ZIL
new telendar = fail, gimme a new one! tongue

#5 24-12-2012 14:47:50

iQuit
Guémélite

Good job  .

#6 24-12-2012 15:40:42

blackwaltz
Nehantiste
Lieu : East. . . Always to the East

how about enabling card sharing when building decks? moving a card very useful card or cards from one deck to another is rather annoying.

Dernière modification par blackwaltz (24-12-2012 15:41:33)

Never lost a fair game... or played one.

#7 24-12-2012 16:21:05

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Caitlyn a écrit :

most of the important details are still ambiguous so I guess I will reserve my opinion until some of the concrete details are released.

one thing though, im not sure if I understood correctly or if it was lost in translation.
It was mentioned that the "equilibrium is unstable" but nothing was mentioned about how it will be addressed.  Should I assume that the tournaments are the answer?

This is addressed with the "basic set" which limit drastically the cards allowed to play.
Then, the rotation of the acts will do the rest.

Collectionneur de cartes

#8 24-12-2012 16:47:58

Martl
Campeur
Lieu : Germany / Philippines

blackwaltz a écrit :

how about enabling card sharing when building decks? moving a card very useful card or cards from one deck to another is rather annoying.

+1
a wish from many players in german community as well.

#9 24-12-2012 16:49:29

ijklim
Campeur
Lieu : USA

Martl a écrit :
blackwaltz a écrit :

+1
a wish from many players in german community as well.

+1

#10 24-12-2012 16:59:34

Sorcelle
Campeur

+1, from my own little community against tedious and useless micromanagement.

#11 24-12-2012 17:05:53

Caitlyn
Guémélite

Zurga a écrit :

This is addressed with the "basic set" which limit drastically the cards allowed to play.

sounds like its similar to banning 1650 cards, i'm not sure how it addresses balance, but ok.

Zurga a écrit :

I don't get it, but I guess I will see how they implement it.

i <3 ZIL
new telendar = fail, gimme a new one! tongue

#12 24-12-2012 17:12:44

Plexor
Ptit nouveau

blackwaltz a écrit :

New formats sound interesting, but already thinking of the horror when you want to play "standard" with your Noz mage deck and after that some Amnezy Tourny with your Noz mage deck, switching all those rain of fires etc. around each time will be fun.......

#13 24-12-2012 19:22:45

Damncaster
Solarian

I assume those who are influenced by the upgrade system will get the gifts from previous lvls right?

I was hoping you would mention booster price changes.

Shouldn´t we high player be able to compete at the newbie tournaments? Just to have that fun taste of playin with weak/different decks?Or we´ll have our own?

About the set for new players... i feel kinda jealous ´cause despite being a old player i didn´t have that opportunity when i started to play " and leveling screwed my win/lost ratio".

Overall i think those changes are good but... I really want to see how u´ll make the game more fun for the old ones.

Dernière modification par Damncaster (24-12-2012 19:26:29)

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#14 24-12-2012 20:53:15

kilcosu
Guémélite
Lieu : Michigan

so a new tournament that more or less acts like MtG, If you want to stay "standard" as magic users call it. you have to keep changing cards to keep up with the current act.

and I suppose it'll negate O.P combos between acts when new cards get released.

overall I think this update is feerik admitting to the players that they need people to KEEP playing and not rage quitting when they loose to much while still learning the game

#15 24-12-2012 23:15:30

iQuit
Guémélite

I think there should be a kind tourney which players only use decks given by the game ( the end of world tournament , the starter deck tournament ) , and it should be no entrance fee . This kind of tournament is a great for new players because they can try many decks and it's very fun .

I really want to introduce eredan to my friend but because the game lacks of support for new players beside the starter decks

I'm happy because the developers listen to the players and i will wait and see what they try to make the game better

Dernière modification par iQuit (24-12-2012 23:21:44)

#16 25-12-2012 00:51:54

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

The "new" system they got going on is a lot like Type 1 / 2, Extended, and Block tournaments in MTG..  Those have worked for years.. and if Feerik is going to add a variation of those formats into this game, I think it will be a great advancement for them.

.: I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar :.

#17 25-12-2012 01:01:09

mrmutantlarry
Habitant de Guem

Good ideas,I really like the leveling, it just was crazy how long it too to get anywhere in the 20s.  But I really feel bad for new people on the trophies, they are getting too hard and too 'grindy' even for us vets.

#18 25-12-2012 01:20:39

iQuit
Guémélite

Breezy414 a écrit :

The "new" system they got going on is a lot like Type 1 / 2, Extended, and Block tournaments in MTG..  Those have worked for years.. and if Feerik is going to add a variation of those formats into this game, I think it will be a great advancement for them.

Nurvus has suggested a lot of good system big_smile

#19 25-12-2012 01:28:40

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

iQuit a écrit :
Breezy414 a écrit :

Nurvus has suggested a lot of good system big_smile

yeah, hopfully things do pick up, because my friends that I introduced to the quit due to how hard this game is now for beginners.

#20 25-12-2012 12:09:27

Hearfomi
Campeur

When can we expect Stone Linkers card release?

Dernière modification par Hearfomi (25-12-2012 12:10:51)

#21 25-12-2012 13:40:06

Cossette
Solarian

Yey  a type 1 and a type 2 deck like MTGs

Breathless
Great things comes in small packages... A booster perhaps?
http://xat.com/englisheredan

#22 25-12-2012 13:56:25

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Still no card sharing mechanic? sighs* i don't even care about them tourneys >_> and i would be extremely happy and may actually spend on this game again when that  mechanism is implemented but oh well

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#23 25-12-2012 17:41:48

hotfoot
Habitant de Guem

jackal19 a écrit :

Still no card sharing mechanic? sighs* i don't even care about them tourneys >_> and i would be extremely happy and may actually spend on this game again when that  mechanism is implemented but oh well

agreed, does feerik REALLY think that it's making them more money by NOT having this mechanic? I almost NEVER keep more than three of a card. Unless it's a particularly cheap chard OR I have ton form Adventure mode. But most of the time a fourth cards going up for sale.

Dernière modification par hotfoot (25-12-2012 17:42:00)

#24 28-12-2012 19:26:02

mrmutantlarry
Habitant de Guem

I am happy they are taking steps to improve this game and keep get some new players, but how can we not address the fact we have to break down and rebuild decks constantly, which is the #1 annoying and time robbing factor of me in this game.  Why cant we at least have a ghost card holder in a deck so we can make and keep decks and not be writing down decks on paper... if we wanted to do something like that we would play D & D.  Good ideas, way to go, but please fix this most simple of requests and one of the most important to keeping people playing this game.  Thanks you.

#25 28-12-2012 20:19:44

Zorak
Gardien
Lieu : Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Feerik hired some new guy? This is BIG. They hv all support from my clan and we can't w8 to see it happen.

IGN Edinho - BODE TEAM

"A vei, esses cara não sabem nem onde caga."
                                              -Filippe_Balbino

Pied de page des forums