Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 23-09-2012 21:16:57

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

Constructive Ideas

There have been many attempts in the forums by people to point out what needs to be done to "fix" the game.  Many of these are just rage posts and although occasionally funny, they don't offer anything constructive for Feerik to work with.  I've come up with five different ideas that could help make the game more new player friendly, help both the f2p and the big spenders,and entice people in general to purchase more feez.

1.  Weekly Cards

The weekly cards are a great addition to any deck and as such, they are basically a must if you want to be competitive.  The problem now is that if you're just starting out, you have to spend a good chunk of change just to get these cards.  Also, if you're considering buying packs to start a different deck (mage deck for example) you might realize that you need a different weekly (other side of the coin, reborn, etc.)  that you don't already have in order to make it a more effective deck and scrap the idea altogether.  A way to curb this problem is to have three new weekly trophy cards a  month and then on the final week let each player choose which weekly card they would like to attain.  New players will be able to start getting the weeklies they missed, players wanting to start a new deck that requires different weeklies can get a start on those decks and older players that already have all the weekly cards can get duplicates of the more commonly used ones (dissidence, secret of the crow) so they don't have to keep swapping them between decks which is a real pain.

2. More Interaction Between Staff and Players

This is probably the most important of any suggestions on my list.  I know the staff is already really busy but I feel that this could help the staff see where its customers are coming from and vice versa.  A simple weekly poll could be done that could take customer input and apply it to upcoming game changes or card releases.  You could simply take a poll and ask something like, "Which Kotoba caste would you like to see updated in the next Kotoba release?" and then have
people vote and leave ideas that they might have.  I admit, you'll get a lot of random rage answers but there will be some genuinely good ideas.  You could also poll asking for which type of event people would like to see.  This could also possibly prevent some of the backlash caused by previous events (The Stranger for example).

3.  Daily Quest Update

I've been playing for over a year and the best card I've received from the daily quests is a Shadow Master.  That doesn't bother me so much but as a new player, if you get nothing but crap for a month, there is little incentive to play any further.  What if instead of a free random card, you got a free booster?  The cards received from these packs would not be able to be sold since that would flood the market.  This suggestion could increase booster sales because say you get a good card, it could lead players to want to buy more packs to complete a deck using
the card they got for free.  I really feel this would make new players want to stay longer and purchase feez.  It would also help the f2p players as this would narrow the gap between them and the big spenders to a small degree. 

4. Tournament Variety

A great way to make new players stick around as well as keep older players still playing is by having great tournament variety.   Aside from the Tournament of Millions that occur on the weekends, there isn't any real diversity in tournaments.  Amnezy is won by the deck of the month and the hourly tournaments are won by legendary decks that aren't banned in Amnezy.   None of these are aimed at new players and that decreases their interest in the game and contributes to them leaving altogether.  Sealed Tournaments could help both new players and old players alike.  New players would get to test out decks that they would never get
without spending plenty of feez to get and this could lead them to buying feez to recreate decks they made in these tournaments if they liked them enough.  There was a Sealed Deck created by players on the forums not that long ago (Shared Some Sealed http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=44259) and I feel that that was a great way for the Sealed Tournaments to function.  Entrants would be assigned one of the eight guilds at random and then get boosters like in the Shared Some Sealed tournament.  Instead of feez, the entrance fee could be crystals or even free with prizes being able to keep one of the cards from you deck or just crystals. 

5.  Adventure Mode Auction House

This idea is fairly self explanatory and I've read other people having a similar idea on the forums. Basically, you get a certain amount of points for each victory in adventure mode and then you can use these points to get your desired cards.  I have kept track of every rare received from adventure mode and on average over the past six months, I get eight rares per month.  So some formula for points received per boss fight that would replicate the eight rares per month would
need to be created.  New players would be able to created a target deck and be able to farm bosses and missions long enough to get the decks that they want and they could purchase boosters to speed up this process. 

I apologize for the lengthiness of this post but I felt I had to be thorough.  Any feedback is welcome and I hope Feerik at least considers some of my ideas.

#2 23-09-2012 23:05:30

MerlinCross
Guémélite

Re : Constructive Ideas

This is possible the best, most thought out, and well written ideas I've seen.

Fix 1) Some of the weekly cards aren't good or not useful to newer players. Thus, having a 'pool' to pick from is a great idea.

Fix 2) This is also good idea. And Making polls shouldn't take a lot of time and hypothetically, the mods of the forums could make these pretty fast, as they tend to be on the forums the most.

Fix 3) I've always hated the way they have the daily quest cards set up. Granted, I didn't want to complain about it as I am getting a free card. Question about the booster pack, what kind? I'm guessing you'd be suggesting the 4 pack booster which is a good idea. The 12 pack is too much.

Fix 4) I can't speak much here, but I can say that for the year I've played this game, I've never wanted to play in the tournaments. Having different formats and lower costs would probably make new and F2P guys try them like you suggest.

Fix 5) This is my favorite idea. Instead of getting Blast after Blast, players can save up and get something they want. And this still will allow the market to not be flooded. Brilliant!

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

#3 25-09-2012 13:54:26

Ochrasy
Campeur

I don't get it, two great comments and suggestions on how to improve, and really improve, this game, and nobody follows the theme... shame on the staff, someone could reply at least...

up +1 very good ideas, as for myself, I think the biggest problem of this game, perhaps, THE problem, is the market and its strong rules, u say, we don't want flood, but u think, it would be so nice with more players, I say, u don't want flood, but if u had more players, u wouldn't even care for that, because the more ppl u have buying and selling, the more it flows, even the cards no one wants...

#4 25-09-2012 14:01:44

iQuit
Guémélite

^ Just like other constructive topics .

#5 30-09-2012 00:04:01

Ochrasy
Campeur

^ and? ... what now?

#6 30-09-2012 01:05:55

Damncaster
Solarian

+100000000000000

I like all ideas but the 2nd is the best... more than anything we must connect to make this game better and better.

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

Pied de page des forums