Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 18-09-2012 01:28:20

Vie9999
Ptit nouveau

New Player Tips? Pretty Please...

Hi All,
I'm brand new to the game and trying to figure out the best way to build a decent base of cards.  I'm an old school MTG/ MTGO player so I'm fairly familiar with strategy and deck building but I'm feeling lost as I simply don't know the cards or where to start...and obviously things are quite different as there is no casting cost, and replenishing your hand is a simple task and many other differences...

I have 2 basic decks so far, both Kotoba, one Trackers and the other Warriors.  Seeing as there is an RPG element of XP, just wondering where I should focus my efforts, and should i just continue doing the adventure?

I tried to find some sort of newbie guide but couldn't locate one, so if there is such a thing, it would be fantastic if someone could direct me.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

V

#2 18-09-2012 01:55:05

mrmutantlarry
Habitant de Guem

Re : New Player Tips? Pretty Please...

Farm the adventure mode to get some free cards.  A queen deck or a foam giant deck works well, make a nice discard deck too.

#3 18-09-2012 03:04:23

Vie9999
Ptit nouveau

mrmutantlarry a écrit :

Farm the adventure mode to get some free cards.  A queen deck or a foam giant deck works well, make a nice discard deck too.

Thx for the advice!

So I've visited the marketplace and Queen (who I'm assuming is Aelide?) is about 25000 crystals and Foam giant is about 40000+ soooo my next question is what is the best way to obtain crystals?

I see that fee'z can be purchased through the store, but how does one get more crystals? because getting 100k of them so that i buy a good farm deck seems like a lot...

Thx again in advance.

#4 18-09-2012 06:35:54

SamsonXL
Habitant de Guem

The easiest way to farm crystals is doing the mission of the "The treasure of Zahal" campaign repeatedly. You need 5 energy per mission, and a perfect victory nets you 70 crystals each. Starting with a full energy bar this means 840 crystals in roughly 15-20 minutes. If you manage to do this 2 times a day it adds up to 1680 crystals per day.
Mission 1 is the easiest to achieve a perfect on, since the enemies hit like little girls. Mission 6 hits a lot harder, but if your guys are able to survive his beating you can do it even faster cause you have to kill not 3 but just 1 opposing character. Just do the one you're most comfortable with over and over again.

Yeah, [card]Aelide, Queen of Avalonia[/card] is the one mentioned. Aelide with some supporting craftsmen is great for farming some of the tougher campaigns in which you can get some decent rare cards as a reward. But i wouldn't bother with it until you got yourself a decent deck for regular play. Aelide is great because of the mechanics of the adventure mode, but regular players don't have this mechanics, e.g. an Aelide tankdeck wouldn't work that well on them.

My advise would be to farm crystals in Zahal's campaign and build yourself a somewhat decent deck. Both Trackers and Warriors can get the job done, but maybe you want to try something new once you got some crystals. Just choose one specific deck and stick to working on it.
Once you've done this you can build yourself a deck built specifically to farm adventure mode bosses for rare cards.

But don't expect this to be done quickly, as a free player it'll be a hard and long grind. You'll propably never really finish your first deck and just go with what you've got after some time. By paying money and buying boosters you can earn a lot of crystals fast by selling what you don't need, but it's up to you if you want to invest more than just time.

Pied de page des forums