Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 24-08-2012 22:43:22

Dandeman
Campeur

Sharp cestus

Can anyone please explain how this card works? According to the description "At the end of the fight, if the opposing character has less than 4 health points, you heal 4 and another opposing character suffers 4 direct damages", but I've been in quite a few fights where I played Cestus on turn 3, on turn 4 hit my opponent down to 2 or 3 health points and died with -1 or -2 without healing 4 HP. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding the card???
Because the way I understand the description, I'm supposed to heal back to +3 or +2 considerring the fact that my opponent has less than 4HP left......

#2 25-08-2012 00:36:57

xydraga
Campeur

Re : Sharp cestus

Dandeman a écrit :

Can anyone please explain how this card works? According to the description "At the end of the fight, if the opposing character has less than 4 health points, you heal 4 and another opposing character suffers 4 direct damages", but I've been in quite a few fights where I played Cestus on turn 3, on turn 4 hit my opponent down to 2 or 3 health points and died with -1 or -2 without healing 4 HP. Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding the card???
Because the way I understand the description, I'm supposed to heal back to +3 or +2 considerring the fact that my opponent has less than 4HP left......

Ive been having the exact same problem. At first I thought that maybe it activated on the next turn, but thats not the case either.And [card]Skirmish[/card] is a bit confusing too.

"Excuse my drunken ranting, I've had too much apple juice. Strong stuff it is"

#3 25-08-2012 01:25:14

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

It has to either be a bug or the wrong wording. It only works for me if my opponent has -4 health. Hopefully its a bug because -4 would make it a lot less useful.

Don't go into the jungle dressed like a banana if you don't like monkeys!

#4 25-08-2012 07:02:16

Inukai
Campeur

The German and French description say, that the opponent hast to be below -4 hp.
I guess the English description is just wrong.

#5 25-08-2012 07:44:17

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Yes, I have checked French and English description.
The English description miss a "minus" sign before the 4.
You should read :

"At the end of the fight, if the opposing character has less than -4 health points, you heal 4 and another opposing character suffers 4 direct damage"

(Also the wrong "s" to damage.... )

Collectionneur de cartes

#6 25-08-2012 07:58:39

hotfoot
Habitant de Guem

Zurga a écrit :

Yes, I have checked French and English description.
The English description miss a "minus" sign before the 4.
You should read :

"At the end of the fight, if the opposing character has less than -4 health points, you heal 4 and another opposing character suffers 4 direct damage"

(Also the wrong "s" to damage.... )

Huh.. well that stinks...

#7 25-08-2012 08:05:23

skadooosh
Eredanien
Lieu : dans ton c**

well I think this is supposed to be played along with [card]resistance[/card]

===============zil dagger FTW!!================

"-oh mon dieu! ils ont tués Kenny!"
"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

#8 25-08-2012 08:22:39

hotfoot
Habitant de Guem

skadooosh a écrit :

well I think this is supposed to be played along with [card]resistance[/card]

Well it has to NOW for sure. Before it was a good stand alone card, now it has to be supported by [card]resistance[/card]. Oh well.

#9 25-08-2012 08:49:58

skadooosh
Eredanien

seriously, it's a common card. It chains, and you can put the amount you want on a character...
just imagine a character with 2 resistance and two [card]sharp cestus[/card] on it...

I don't say it's the best card ever.
But since both cards chain and are permanent, I don't think it would be so hard to make the combo....

Dernière modification par skadooosh (25-08-2012 14:58:22)

"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

#10 25-08-2012 14:50:55

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

skadooosh a écrit :

...It chains, and you can put the amount you want on a character...
just imagine a character with 2 resistance and two sharp cestus on it...

The first line of the card says "Permanent. One copy per character." I don't think you'll be stacking those.

Don't go into the jungle dressed like a banana if you don't like monkeys!

#11 25-08-2012 15:02:13

skadooosh
Eredanien

Erezil a écrit :

The first line of the card says "Permanent. One copy per character." I don't think you'll be stacking those.

my mistake indeed (I stopped at the "item other"...)

"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

#12 31-08-2012 12:08:09

edseldavila
Voyageur

yeah cestus triggers when the opponent is at -4HP or lower than that...

skirmish on the otherhand takes in the lowest amount of attack bonus your character has...

but then what i dont get is that my last character standing was xenophon, who gives +1attack for all my characters, later in the game xenophon has an active slicer when i chained skirmish + push skirmish gave me a bonus eqaual to that of the slicers attack bonus... but on the earlier rounds it gives me only +1 attack bonus due to xenophons bonus.

still lost on skirmish

doh... Y U No Draw?

#13 31-08-2012 15:58:00

mpandelidis
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Ottawa, Ontario Canada

edseldavila a écrit :

yeah cestus triggers when the opponent is at -4HP or lower than that...

skirmish on the otherhand takes in the lowest amount of attack bonus your character has...

but then what i dont get is that my last character standing was xenophon, who gives +1attack for all my characters, later in the game xenophon has an active slicer when i chained skirmish + push skirmish gave me a bonus eqaual to that of the slicers attack bonus... but on the earlier rounds it gives me only +1 attack bonus due to xenophons bonus.

still lost on skirmish

I think its because it takes the whole bonus total and not the individual value of each effect

Mark

Only those who are willing to go too far, can possibly ever know how far one can really go. - T.S Elliot

Pied de page des forums