Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 05-08-2012 17:31:57

GKZhukov
Voyageur

Returning Player Struggling - Help Please!

Hey,

I played a fair bit a while back but haven't had the time since about a year ago.

I've now decided to pop back in and was prepared for there to be a lot of new decks and strategies to contend with - I also know I may have to spend/grind a little to catch up.

However I wasn't really expecting to be struggling quite so much (my old decks - kotoba weapons at will, and pirate powder kegs, narwhals etc. weren't exactly top tier, but they held their own. Now they struggle at the 1500 rating).

My main observation is that mages seem to be everywhere and do even more damage than before and I keep running into legends even at low ratings.

Are non-magic decks still viable or will low spirit just result in you being blasted to death?

Are there any other major shifts that have occurred in the past year?

How much difference does the higher deck size make?

Is it worth me picking up a few cards like Kaiken and persevering with WAW or in the current meta and with the nerf (whenever that happened) is it better to trade the deck out for crystals? Likewise with pirate kegs - Azalys, Souchi, pocket shooters (pricey though they are) all look good, but if I go after them will I still just find myself being blasted by mages before I get set up all the time? The other deck I always wanted to try but never got the cards for was a Nomad Priest deck, but I imagine the price may be prohibitive now. The new Legion stuff also looks interesting.

Sorry for so many questions, and I know I'll have to make the decisions myself in the end - just wanted an idea of what I'm getting into before I potentially spend anything or start trying to pull things off the market (I still have a bit of trade fodder from before).

GKZ

#2 05-08-2012 17:56:02

Aigle1705
Gardien
Lieu : Germany - Tilleda (Kyffhäuser)

Re : Returning Player Struggling - Help Please!

nowadays hit1KO and counter is important to survive.
theres number of card which are required in most of the current decks.
[card]dissidence[/card], [card]the secret of the crow[/card], [card]cat and lion[/card], ...

weapons at will for example still can defeat mages, but is weak with out [card]iro, the imperial champion[/card] n the sword [card]corrupted[/card] (maybe [card]ra's broken sword[/card] too, but taichi is still better)
also so the function of WaW itself changed, weapons dont activat immediately anymore. you need [card]glory to the emperor[/card] or sth like.

powder pirates are one of the best decks atm, but their cards totally changed...

one of the best melee deck is the pack cause [card]general fray[/card] counters most mage stuff (n often has an elo-bann). n [card]dark stone heart[/card] stops mage too.

bout decksize, most player use between 22-27 cards, more savty agains discard, but still good hand controll.
there are only a few deck using more cards: m.m.marzhin-tank or golem-tank for example.

Dernière modification par Aigle1705 (05-08-2012 17:57:52)

silent leges inter arma
cicero

#3 05-08-2012 23:00:03

Jason_C
Voyageur

Hello and welcome back, I was away for a time as well and came back and found similarities to what you posted, however i had alot success in the old elo circuit. As mentioned above the meta has changed and is constanely changing. Many decks are based on new combos or on hit KO. Examples of combo Shadow war and compendium secret or the various attract lightning decks.

To sum up current elo and meta shifts. There are a handful of teir 1 decks, several of the involving character and event specific rewards, example character Scragh or item light and darkness shield. Where the top decks are based on these special event character or they tend to be mage or marauder decks, where most games its over by turn 4.  After these handful of top dogs, there are a whole slew of teir 2 decks which are very competitive making it a tight and hard to plan for the field since teir 2 deck strategies are so different. There has been influx of each guild receiving a new legendary and they all have been powerful and some are OP. Just about every release it can put a weaker deck to teir 1 / 2 with their new legendary.

I sold a bunch of my old cards to update them, and first deck i refell in love with again was Eclipse. If you are worried about mages, they have a action cards makes both of your spirit = o and increase your attack by number of mages alives.

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

#4 06-08-2012 22:49:22

GKZhukov
Voyageur

Thanks for the advice guys!

#5 09-08-2012 20:26:41

Cyanide
Habitant de Guem

Mages are being kicked to the curb by courtesans. They play AoE direct damage, which is much harder to defend against, but they could also play a chain card with it (which mages cannot chain if they play an AoE). If I were you, I'd just find a card you fall in love with and build a deck around it. You never know, you could make a new build no one ever thought of and change a lot of deck strategies.

#6 09-08-2012 20:46:49

hitomo
Campeur

hehe .. I really cant stand those courtesans ^^

I always want to shout 'stand up and fight' to them, fight instead of doing ...
I dont know what they are doing, bewitching?

courtesan is an more polite term for prostitute, right?

#7 09-08-2012 22:33:05

Cyanide
Habitant de Guem

I think Bard would be a more appropriate term than courtesan considering they have so many musical endeavors.

Otherwise they are literally screwing you over.

Pied de page des forums