Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-04-2012 22:09:51

coolasc
Habitant de Guem

Ice elves decks

When i started this game i went trying a few characters: kobota, Zil, Mercenaries,  Sap (no noz, i don't really like depending fully on spells and the good demons/nomads seemed too expensive), finally found myself set into a Mercenaries deck (with a litle sap heart sometimes), these were the ice elves, as a nwb player i found them very fun to play but not either over or underpowered.
This post is a general line to any player who wants to start playing them, i'm gona split in a few decks both for chars and for cards to spread advantages and disadvantages of each.

The characters combos (these are in order [number] of how i advise em):
1. Balanced Magic/Physical (the one i use the most)
[card]Ayir[/card]
[card]Ursyd[/card]
[card]Kokrem[/card]
This combo has the advantage of both strong phisical and magical damage

2. Magic (1st turn)
[card]Ayir[/card]
[card]Ursyd[/card]
[card]Fog Hydra[/card]
This combo almost guarantees your 1st turn wich will activate ayir's rage, giving you the edge on magical damage from there on (this plays better vs warriors or chars with high def)

2.Physical (1st turn)
[card]Ursyd[/card]
[card]kokrem[/card]
[card]Fog Hydra[/card]
Again almost guaranteed 1st turn but now with hard physical damage (this plays better vs mages or characters with low def)

3. Phisical with heals
[card]Ursyd[/card]
[card]Kokrem[/card]
[card]Lady Yilith[/card]
Again this comes into a phisical package but now you join a priest in the ranks for the use of healing cards, since your cards all have high health this gives them the edge, note: magical with heal is also possible but personally not such a fan

4. Magical chain
[card]Yulven[/card]
[card]Ayir[/card]
[card]Ursyd[/card]
This deck bases on always being able to chain your cards, personally i don't like it so much but a yulven with it's rage allows you to chain 2 amethyst blizard or 2 northen lights almost guaranteeing a KO every turn

character/other card combos:
All ice elves  (aka must have cards):
-[card]Frozen Spirit[/card] 3 damage and reduce spirit? you'll kill mages and warriors alike with this
-[card]Agmundar's rage[/card] (always keep 2 of these whatever the deck [3 on all but magical chain and magic with serpent])
-[card]Frostbite[/card] this card deals true damage, therefore great vs those kobota and other harder to kill characters, also increases amethist bizard and northen lights damage
-[card]Amethyst Blizzard[/card] this chains from frostbite often helping (especially on turn 2/3) into 1HKO

With Ayir:
-[card]Frost Pillar[/card] sometimes there are those harder to kill specific characters and often you are already on turn 4 with 2, 3 or even 4 frostbites played, use this to deal up to 8 or even 12 (with ayir's rage) direct damage

Wih Kokren:
-[card]Icy aura[/card] this card i advise on any deck but is especially good with him since at least 1 of your chars will sure have 1 extra def (i know ain't much but saved me from 1hit sometimes already) since the begin of the fight besides improving northen lights

with Lady Yilith (WARNING: put just 1 or 2 in packs of 2 copies of these cards since only she can use them):
-[card]Divine Light[/card] Healing 4 points on all your characters sounds nice right?
-[card]Mercy[/card] this heal depends on how much you suffered so fr, still with 13-17 health points to begin with you can suffer a lot, also it chains for an action, and ice elves cards are almost only actions
-[card]Paladin's hammer[/card] but remember this is a v risky card since she can't have her specs up nor down by more than 3 points you are seeing at best a 7-12 heal if the opponent has no defense
-[card]Stitches[/card] if you feel her 13health and 3 defense are little and you need a bit more defense

With Yulven (same WARNING as above):
-[card]Amber Dagger[/card] dealing 2 direct damage a the end of each turn is nice, join this with his rage and u have 1 direct damage on the begin of the turn and 2 on the end total of 3, even a character with lots of health will have hard times surviving
-[card]Leaf Tornado[/card] everyone tries to chain, why not make them fear chaining?
-[card]Scouting the area[/card] (upgrade 2) why not boost all your characters defenses for this and next turn?

On decks with magical damage:
-[card]Ring of nibelle[/card] this card gives you a permanent (instead of 3 turns that is agmundar's rage duration) rage form while also increading your character magic damage, equip on ayir for maxium effect
-[card]Northen lights[/card] this card benefits from all frostbites and ALIVE ice elves on the game making it deal more damage the harder the opponents are (if you happen to face another ice elves deck USE this card as soon as you can, it is easy 6 guaranteed damage or even up to 11 damage on 1st turn giving you an easy kill

On physical (half or full) decks:
- [card]Prowess[/card] this card will increase your character's defense, since you are not dealing so much damage with this decks if the opponent has a high defense you will need more than 1 turn to kill, so better make sure you take litle damage aswell (rage needed)
-[card]Inspire Fear[/card] well this is another card to counter high defense cards, reduce their defense (rage needed), but this also blocks mages without needing the rage.
-[card]Six Feet Under[/card] what can i say? attack +3 never hurts and it includes a chain

Filler cards (yea i know these above already can make a full deck but...):
-[card]Ice axe[/card] ou want to lower the chances of your opponent drawing that 1 winning card? you got it, also dual weild can give you up to 4 attack, if the battle lasts that long (use on physical decks, not so advised on magical)
-[card]Out of sight...[/card] and [card]...out of mind[/card] the probability of your opponent also having ice elves ain't that high, as so this pack of cards almost always gives it's max (+3) bonus
-[card]It's Time[/card] your order bonus never hurts, if you are using a hydra deck this card (multiple of it if possible) is a must
-[card]Anathematize[/card] this shall be only in a unit way but when you get an opponent with those persky go get all back from the graveyard decks, this will help remove those problems
-[card]a new start[/card] this will do the exact opposite of the above one, who wouldn't like to regen the played amethyst blizzards?
-[card]dissidence[/card] with so many decks based on guilds this will simply blocks half their power for the chosen character, use it on nearly any non mercenary you need to weaken either to kill or to survive

Note: biggest counter to the ice elves are cards that can change your character's race since they got amazing race only cards that become unusable afer race change, also with desert nomads forced march will remove the damage of our frostbites tunning down our damage by a lot.

Opinions are welcome

Edit 1: added the forgotten, but so important indeed, frost spirit
Edit 2: added filler suggestions, thanks for the tips guys

Dernière modification par coolasc (03-04-2012 12:05:04)

We come in the night
Far from your sight
To take your life
To put it on a knife                                                  IGN: ASC

#2 02-04-2012 23:00:54

elmariachi17
Campeur

Re : Ice elves decks

I think this is a good way to start a post. Good analysis and sets up the guidelines for other posts to follow.

Hmm, a key card that u seem to be missing is [card]Frozen Spirit[/card]. Imo this card is strictly better compared to [card]Frostbite[/card], unless u plan to build your deck based on [card]Frost pillar[/card].

Personally i feel that the biggest advantage that the elves have over other decks is that they have some of the best free chains in the game in [card]Frozen Spirit[/card], [card]Agmundar's Rage[/card] and also [card]Six Feet Under[/card]. Coupled with the fact that some cards are totally useless against em, such as dissidence, and that they are generally hard to one-shot makes them a resilient bunch of blokes.

However, like the bane of many high hp decks, the chances of them winning on points should all characters die is negligible to say the least. Anyhow, ice elves are great fun to play with and i hope that they get some new cards soon smile

#3 03-04-2012 00:59:29

kisama
Voyageur

Anathematize will be of great help against "item have souls" and " weapons at will deck" ..... and if you can "a new start" is the most welcomed.

Never do evil that a good may come of it.
Give a thief enough rope and he will hang himself.
The greater the sinner, the greater the saint.

#4 03-04-2012 01:41:28

steeliebob
Habitant de Guem

i have ran a version with Lady Yilith, Kokrem and Ayir. IMO Ayir is just very nice to have in the deck when putting a little more focus on magic attacks, and even choose her over Ursyd in such build. Both ayir and kokrem have turn 2 for there bonus but it is that is as much as a gift as a burdon compared to ursyd in my opinion, you are not going to get 2 times your turn-bonus in the first 3 turns with either build anyways.

except for race changing I feel Nomad priest are troublesome as well. Sakina in combination with forced march (replayed over and over again) really takes care of those pesky frostbites, frozen spirits etc.

There are a lot of cards that could fit your fillers list but i find dissidence to be especially usefull (in about any deck for that matter). That card has let my character survive that one turn extra that i needed to finnish with a win so often.

#5 13-07-2012 19:52:54

RomanLord
Ptit nouveau

okay so I want to run with the Ayir, Ursyd and Kokrem group what cards should invest in because the list was extensive and I couldn't keep up... tongue

~Take it easy on me.....I'm just a kid~

#6 13-07-2012 20:33:30

deadmans days
Voyageur

cheap base deck (under 100k) should have
kokrem
ursyd
ayir

2-3 agumandars rage
2-3 amethyst blizzard
1-2 frost pillar
3 frost bite
3 icy aura
3 ring of nibelle

the rest is up to you but this will give you a good range of dmg types

best fillers are
it is time
the grand hunt
prowess
good omen
northern lights
six feet under

this will make a pretty basic deck and work well for most adventure mode and pvp if your under lvl 13

#7 15-07-2012 07:48:03

Cyanide
Habitant de Guem

What about Hrimnir, his crown, and 2 claws? Him, Ursyd and Kokrem for a physical deck. First turn: Ursyd playing Agmundar's rage and Hrimnir's crown = gg in most cases. That's plus 7 attack turn 1 and your other characters get +2 and +4 not to mention one of them gets an order bonus to increase attack next turn.

#8 15-07-2012 08:02:22

iQuit
Guémélite

well i feel like ice elves really needs an update . I've only lost to them twice since their release

#9 15-07-2012 09:48:13

hotfoot
Habitant de Guem

iQuit a écrit :

well i feel like ice elves really needs an update . I've only lost to them twice since their release

+1

#10 15-07-2012 12:29:53

coolasc
Habitant de Guem

iQuit a écrit :

i believe since tht undead one they became pretty nice again if you got all cards from it, but that's an if

We come in the night
Far from your sight
To take your life
To put it on a knife                                                  IGN: ASC

#11 15-07-2012 12:34:01

blackwaltz
Nehantiste
Lieu : East. . . Always to the East

iQuit a écrit :

Wait till christmas, or winter. Maybe the next advent calendar may give free new Ice cards smile

Never lost a fair game... or played one.

#12 15-07-2012 15:27:45

RomanLord
Ptit nouveau

yeah they could could really use an update, they are getting outmatched, mainly by pack, runic and necro decks... tongue

#13 15-07-2012 15:50:54

Calandra
Gardien
Lieu : Dickes B, oben an der Spree

the best thing one can do with iceelves is take em all in hand... tear them, throw em on the ground... perform the happy-death-of-iceelves-dance...

this whole bunch of chars is not just totally obsolete but also super ridiculous... i understand this deck/race/class as an option to give the newcomers of back then a chance to obtain a hard hitting deck easily so that they will stand more chances against older players and close the gap in between them... ok... BUT... they are a pain... an annoyance which was not thought through to the end... Berserks?! what the heck are they? basically they are a mixture of marauders and mages which wont use spells but actions... in some cases iceelves are simply played badly... but in the right hands they are 3 chars and each of them possesses the ability to one-shot-kill any normal char with ease... they dont need any update... they dont deserve it... they are a beginners deck, were meant as one... and should remain one...

closing the gap by handing out incredible decks is not a solution

Wash the spears... while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears... while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears... who fears to die?
Wash the spears... no one I know!

#14 15-07-2012 16:18:11

iQuit
Guémélite

lol , ice elves is a beginner deck ... wonder why frozen spirit and agmundar's rage are expensive .

The main problem is , Ice elves was released when there was no freaking OP legendary characters and you couldn't get a massive attack/defense boost instantly .

And it doesn't seem like Feerik cares about the Mercs

#15 15-07-2012 18:19:33

RomanLord
Ptit nouveau

IMO it's seems that way, makes me regret spending the crystals on them...because they can't really fair up with most packs nowadays and it really makes me cry :'( lol

Pied de page des forums