Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-03-2012 15:40:18

kmilea
Staff Feerik

Poll for the foil cards!!!

Hi everyone!

We have been discussing an issue which seems to preoccupy quite a few of you: the foil cards. We do realize that they cause problems and that not everyone appreciates them.
After many of us sent us suggestions, we had thought of considering the possibility of "unfoiling" cards. But it does not seem to be the best solution because of the fact that even if you were the one who chose to "unfoil" your card, you would come out a loser on the deal (normal cards have less value than foil ones).
Therefore we were thinking of changing the appearance of the cards by erasing the illustration effects. Yet before doing anything we would like to have your viewpoints on the subject.

What we would like, is to have as many ideas, suggestions, opinions as possible. Then we will organize a vote and you will choose which one of the suggestions you prefer. The encoders will finally apply the most popular one.

Eredanians make your voices heard!

#2 02-03-2012 15:47:54

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

Re : Poll for the foil cards!!!

I see no problem with Foil cards, I never lagged due to it or anything, but I can see it being a problem for players with slower computer/conection.

If to remove the foil is decided, you could do it to every card and as a compensation, give XP cards to the players for each unfoield card.. (But please make something significant, like 500 or 1000), so the diference on value lost could be gained by upgrading cards and selling, or by saving money  by buying character you want lvl 1 and upgrading it.

Or just give feez as a compesation ^^

#3 02-03-2012 15:52:04

genesyx
Habitant de Guem

instead of foil maybe make another frame for the cards? like how legendaries have white frame, the ice elves have a snowy themed one, a unique 1 to represent foils would be nice smile

#4 02-03-2012 16:01:25

magius
Solarian

Since you already have the option to "disable" foil animation, why not have a set of "reduced animation" as whole. Therefore, people with slower PCs will be able to play the game at a decent speed. For example, instead of having the "FULL" animation of fireball effect, it could be the same effect with less frames/animation.

Another suggestion on "Foil Card" is to have a special/upgraded "ability"? May it be just +1 to min Attack or +1 to health (just to make it slightly better --- stressing the word slightly --- and special).

Using the "Foil" card to transform a card will have a random beneficial upgrade effect.

Dernière modification par magius (02-03-2012 16:01:40)

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#5 02-03-2012 16:01:35

paulhealth
Campeur

Slightly change the artwork so they have a collector's value.

#6 02-03-2012 16:07:36

Caitlyn
Guémélite

genesyx a écrit :

instead of foil maybe make another frame for the cards? like how legendaries have white frame, the ice elves have a snowy themed one, a unique 1 to represent foils would be nice smile

+1 big_smile

or make the design different? smile

i <3 ZIL
new telendar = fail, gimme a new one! tongue

#7 02-03-2012 16:10:33

Col.Beowulf
Guémélite

genesyx a écrit :

+1
Maybe just a Gold Frame?

#8 02-03-2012 17:07:29

CAPTUSA
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : New York City
Site Web

I Like the Holo Foil Effect, It makes my deck look pretty, beside that I spend extra $ on them to stand out, I Just Think Everyone Should have the choice to un-foil their cards in exchange for an xp card varying anywhere from 500xp-1000xp)

Yesterday Was History,
Tomorrow Is A Mystery,
Today Is A Gift,
That's Why It's Called The Present!

#9 02-03-2012 17:08:17

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

genesyx a écrit :

+1

Seems better than the foil animation.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#10 02-03-2012 17:27:37

Stallion1990
Habitant de Guem

You don't like foil, you can disable it, you like foil you leave it on...so simple

~Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday~

#11 02-03-2012 17:30:21

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Stallion1990 a écrit :

You don't like foil, you can disable it, you like foil you leave it on...so simple

Not so simple, if you have foil cards, even if you disable the sliding effect, the colours stay "rainbowish".
And for not sellable cards, this is an horrible thing.

Now, I do not like this, I understand that other like it.

I would likke to see the creation of a "unfoil" card which work exactly like the [card]foil[/card] card and turn the card to a normal one.

Collectionneur de cartes

#12 02-03-2012 19:48:04

Stallion1990
Habitant de Guem

I can understand why people don't like foil....but I like it.  All my decks have foil characters and some cards, if Feerik is thinking about changing this, I would hope that there would be some serious reimbursement for players who have spent LOTS more crystals to make foil decks.  Reimbursing players in this sense could be very hard and   difficult to calculate.  I think its very late in this game to remove a feature that players have adapted and spent money on.  Replacing this feature with a similar feature is not necessarily an equal or acceptable change.  I feel the proper fix is to leave it for players who want it and remove it for players who dont.  According to what Zurga last posted, it sounds like maybe the foil disable feature could be improved.  This way players who have dedicated time and money to "foiling" decks don't lose out.  And then players who dont like foil or have computers/internet connections that can't handle the graphics can truly, completely disable it.

#13 02-03-2012 19:56:34

Gardien

I got a question, I never used the disable foil option, does it disable all foil cards in the match or only yours?

If it disable only yours, the unfoil option will not work, since people will still get lag from an adversarie using foil.

If it's disable all, all people got to do is improve the feature to fully "unfoil" cards for those who mark this option, and should fiz the visual lags for those with a bad conextion or computer.

#14 02-03-2012 20:19:15

mrmutantlarry
Habitant de Guem

A pack for every foil you take away from us?

#15 02-03-2012 20:38:39

Stallion1990
Habitant de Guem

mrmutantlarry a écrit :

Ha! That made me laugh. I would definitely take that deal, would add up to ALOT of boosters, but lets be realistic, they would never do that

#16 02-03-2012 21:10:21

Gardien

mrmutantlarry a écrit :

Don't even mention it, the foil cards price going to skyrocket!

#17 02-03-2012 22:15:48

Stormholt
Eredanien
Lieu : Votorantim,São Paulo
Site Web

Well my pc is very slor,and i got a bad conection,foil cards,always have been a poblem to me,i think that make foil with a diferrent frame,would end with the poblem,but depends from the color...

If rainbow is still laggy,i think that gold do the same poblem...Maybe dark cards,just like pokemon got,a card all printed on black,would be nice(on my mind.....)

E meu nome não é SHIRLEY!

Eredan-->> Storm Videos <<--Videos

#18 02-03-2012 22:25:07

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Stormholt a écrit :

If rainbow is still laggy,i think that gold do the same poblem...Maybe dark cards,just like pokemon got,a card all printed on black,would be nice(on my mind.....)

What?  All printed on black?  What does that even mean?

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#19 02-03-2012 23:13:44

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

The idea is not to remove foil for all people.
Only the ones who didn't want to see them should not see them.

Ideas are on :
-Create an "unfoil" card
- Change the disable foil feature to remove completely the display of foil (colours, animation)
- Change the display to put only border in gold and have the normal illustration.
- An option for the one who decide not to receive foil for cards they buy or they loot.

You can put the ideas you have to continue the discussion.

Collectionneur de cartes

#20 03-03-2012 00:00:32

Leorio
Habitant de Guem

Best suggestion is to add an option that just makes all foils look normal for the player. Much more simple than the others, and no one loses out.
Btw, no one would ever use a de-foil card. That's like throwing away thousands of crystals.

#21 03-03-2012 00:21:09

MyGanon
Gardien
Lieu : argentina
Site Web

Hello, in the personal thing I give as idea that forms the account to see or not the carts foils of the some demas. we are glad for certain things in the game. I for example,Zil and my idea is to complete all the deck's Zil, as well as also to have a copy of every cart Zil, already be, foil, not foil or artworks ... I want to preserve my foil's, and that different could not see them, to losing them only because they they do not please anybody:/

a desfoilizadora adds for X quantity and crystals...

sorry my english is bad xD

Twilight Sparkle...una aliada Zil protege Ecuestria... (?) xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_XV3nni … plpp_video

#22 03-03-2012 00:45:38

Leorio
Habitant de Guem

Understood what ya said though.
You are collecting every single zil card, foils included, and have a lot of them.
You would prefer that they stay as they are now, with an option for people to turn off foil status during games just for their own viewing.
Foils add value, which is another reason you want them to stay that way.

Right?

#23 03-03-2012 00:52:57

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Leorio a écrit :

Best suggestion is to add an option that just makes all foils look normal for the player. Much more simple than the others, and no one loses out.
Btw, no one would ever use a de-foil card. That's like throwing away thousands of crystals.

Do you know there is a lot of unsellable cards which can be foil ?
de-foil theses card will not "throwing away" any crystal : they have no value, because they are unsellable.

Dernière modification par Zurga (03-03-2012 00:55:08)

Collectionneur de cartes

#24 03-03-2012 01:00:13

Leorio
Habitant de Guem

A lot of those cards can be combined with rares to make foil rares that are transferable. For example. I have Foil [card]Blast![/card] which makes foil Emperor's Speech. I also have foil silene, selenes, Bigrage, and many other cards and characters that make a transferable rare into a transferable foil rare. Not to mention, De-foil cards wouldn't be free; they would take up adventure loot slots and/or cost Feez. Either way, it's throwing away currency and/or cards.

Dernière modification par Leorio (03-03-2012 01:00:50)

#25 03-03-2012 01:17:38

FutureMesca
Habitant de Guem

Make them textless!

Pied de page des forums