Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-03-2012 12:24:42

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

Eredan no longer being Casual.

Well it's just me, or any other older player also feels that Eredan is losing it's status as a casual game to those mmorpg that if you don't play at least 3 hours a day you become a nobody??

The weakly release of trophys was something that alredy forced you to play, now with the rampaging of events, it's become even harder to keep up..

I don't know, I used to play 3 to 5 matches a day, spent something like 30 dolars a month and could do well on Elo and etc.. Whenever the bans were good on Elo, or the weekly release was for one of my decks, I would play for real the elo ta week and be at least in the first page..

Now, I didn't participate the Shulong event, or the Scragh one, Because I couldn't spend or had alredy spent my monthly amount  on Eredan. And I had to choose between 5 days playng only eredan or giving up the events, I gave up the Events.

Than came the Adventure mode,  cool way of getting cards for players who can't pay to play and etc.. But now every goddamm event is based on it and you can't get a weekend and try to soldier on and finish in one go (unless you pay), you got to login every chance you get during the day time so your energy bar never gets full and enery is wasted. So now the events demand even more time.

Since event cards are becoming really strong (see Scragh and Shunlong) is almost becoming impossible to play competitive without some of them.

O well, could keep the rant on for a little longer, but the point is, you can't play Eredan anymore as a casual game it became like one of those korean MMORPG that you got play, and play, and play cause if you don't, you won't get anywhere, even paying it only gets a little easier, but you still have to play and play..

I used to like when I could spend a little money and be competitive, without having to play a big number of hours a week...

#2 02-03-2012 12:48:49

Ke]R[4u
Voyageur

Re : Eredan no longer being Casual.

what deck are you using?

#3 02-03-2012 12:54:47

TPPK
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Belgium

I'm not going to deny this as I personally dislike the pressure of doing events undoable without setting an alarm clock but I don't find it a wrong idea from a short term marketing point of view.

On a long term marketing point of view it is messed up; You wrote it yourself, you refuse to do events as it drains you.
I gave up on Eredan events a few weeks ago doing just the ones I knew I could manage. It is cheaper and it works just as well; Since I can't get the really great cards I stopped playing Elo or pvp as there is no point in playing it. Rewards are too low compared to adventure.

#4 02-03-2012 13:17:53

Gardien

'Ke a écrit :

R[4u']what deck are you using?

A lot,

WB, DK, Noz Blaster, Compedium, All clérics versions on nomads, Old Eclipse, TG, Immortals, Ice Elves, Sevylath Lady Yilith Foam Giant, Nehantic Hand Lock, Zil Clerics discards (before Alice), Those I can remember now, but I got more..

#5 02-03-2012 13:40:36

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

With the two last animation you say that this week ?
Valentyne animation was very cool to do, no need to go no-life.
This one is also simple, few games a day allows to go to the last mission.

For ELO, it has always been a question of good cards and will to play.

For the records, I play a lot and I'm noone in the game, no ELO top. I'm only someone in the forum, for obvious reason not for all wink
This prevents me to take some good time in the game ? No.
Decide your goal and have fun with the game.

If yours goals are to do everything and be in top ELO, this means that you can't be casual. Same happens with a lot of online games.

Collectionneur de cartes

#6 02-03-2012 13:43:25

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

Truth be told? If it's too complicated to do or something, I just say screw it. I play as much as I want anyways, regardless of money spent. smile

#7 02-03-2012 13:56:13

Gardien

Zurga a écrit :

With the two last animation you say that this week ?
Valentyne animation was very cool to do, no need to go no-life.
This one is also simple, few games a day allows to go to the last mission.

For ELO, it has always been a question of good cards and will to play.

For the records, I play a lot and I'm noone in the game, no ELO top. I'm only someone in the forum, for obvious reason not for all wink
This prevents me to take some good time in the game ? No.
Decide your goal and have fun with the game.

If yours goals are to do everything and be in top ELO, this means that you can't be casual. Same happens with a lot of online games.

It's not about doing what I want Zurga.

It's just, if I wanted to go well on Elo, All I needed to do was pay to get good cards and play Elo.

Now you have to pay, do adventure events, do events, do trophyies and still play a lot of Elo.

#8 02-03-2012 14:00:41

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Not really.
Was Valentyne so OP you must have she ?
Do you think that Bramamir renegade is a must have ?

OK,there was events with a Korean no-life mind, but recently, this is changed.

I hope the trend will keep on theses tracks.

If you have done this post one month ago, I would support you, but not now.

Dernière modification par Zurga (02-03-2012 14:00:53)

Collectionneur de cartes

#9 02-03-2012 14:08:51

magius
Solarian

I feel the same way Paladino until this week. With the wake of previous events (before the pirate assault event), Eredan has become a game of grinding, grinding and grinding before you can get those 'elusive' cards. Sure you can pay your way through the events, but what does that achieve? $$$ for 1 or 2 powerful virtual cards? (I would like to stress the word VIRTUAL).

The thing is that I have life outside Eredan and I do like the game quite a lot because of the artwork and game mechanics. In addition, it is a game that I can play whenever I feel like it. I do pay for boosters when I feel it is reasonable and at most a couple a month.

====================================================
Suggestion perhaps on limited time event (bi-weekly and monthly).
- Problem: Grinding. Except for the Pirate Assault, all the time-limited events so far IS about GRINDING (the horror of getting the Phoenix, which sadly I don't have the time nor the money for). And Valentyne. I know people will say it is a success. Again, no time for this even (I just managed 2 equipments out of it).

- How to overcome: Offer the event at a price of Feez after a few weeks/months (similar to our Weekly Trophy Event) with unlimited time limit. That will give us casual player the time to play and work for it at our leisure. Disadvantage is that we don't get the card for 'free' nor access to the card immediately.
====================================================

But having said that, I really like this pirate event... it is fun, brain teasing and not so much of a grind so that a player like myself can take my time to do it.

Taking in Zurga's point of view, I have already given up trying to complete a grind-like event ever since Scragh (and no I didn't get this OP card). Ever since then, I was more relaxed and enjoy the game more although I would like to have get the Phoenix (and no I did not finish it because it is another grind).

Similar to you Paladino, I have quite a varied decks around (and mostly near to completion, with exception Noz Blast, of course). The deck I find myself enjoy the most nowadays is Eclipse simply because I have all the components for it from the days where Solaris is merely 9K. My word of advice, focus on one deck that is nearly completion and hang on to the decks that has lost its shine (my poor Witchblades sad). Cards will eventually come to them and your interest will renew again (and bring them back to OP-ness tongue)

Dernière modification par magius (02-03-2012 14:10:05)

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#10 02-03-2012 14:15:14

Gardien

Zurga a écrit :

Not really.
Was Valentyne so OP you must have she ?
Do you think that Bramamir renegade is a must have ?

Not now, do you know in the future? The problem is, you don't do an event now, you dont get a chance to get those cards ever gain..

I'm still sulking cause of Nehantic shield and Scragh for example, and beside a really low chance of getting them on the Adventure, I won't ever again have a chance to have them.

So currently Pirate Warrior is not competitive, but what if the next pirate release makes him strong?

What about there is a mercenarie release with a card much like firion? Valentines becomes good.

So, or you do the events, or you risk to be at an desadvantage in the future.

I used to like old events, where the facilitators were in the boosters, cause you would get cards and participate on the event.

Also they could start putting event cards for sale, make it a little salty, so those players who got on the event don't feel cheated.

I don't know, just make the game possible for the casual player who wants to play 2-4 matchs a day max, and once in a while take a week to try the elo or something else.

#11 02-03-2012 14:33:28

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Paladino.:RR:. a écrit :

I'm still sulking cause of Nehantic shield and Scragh for example, and beside a really low chance of getting them on the Adventure, I won't ever again have a chance to have them.

This is the deal of limiting time animation. And this has been true from day one of the game.

Did you mention cards like [card]Artaban[/card], [card]Amnezy's pints[/card] ?
This was last year at this period of time.
And there was also cards from Halloween 2010.
By the way, a good portions of theses cards have been made available through special packages or special auction room.

This can be the same for the current cards.

Another example is the weekly event card.
When [card]Journey[/card] has been released, there was no way to get it after the week. They have invented the trophy in store for theses cards, but you have a 6-8 weeks of delay, during this time, the people with that card can use it.

This is the deal : take what you can / want during the time it is available or pass your way and wait for an hypothetical return of the card.
This is your call and your implication in the game.

You can't say you want be casual and want all the cards, this is not logic.
Beside this, in ELO, a lot of mythical cards can't be played or "OP" cards are not so OP (who have seen [card]On equal terms[/card] in an ELO deck recently ?)

Collectionneur de cartes

#12 02-03-2012 14:58:17

TPPK
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Belgium

You are correct in saying the need to do these events isn't great Zurga but they are more rewarding as Elo.

This game has a great system of rewarding a top 1/3 / top 30, reach XXXX ELO, play X tournament games, etc... Events guaranteeing competitive interaction between players in a tournament setting.
But these rewards are so puny compared to adventure or some events.

The worst event I ever saw was Scargh, not because it was nearly impossible to do without paying but because it looked awesome and you knew that if you didn't dedicate fully towards it you would never be able to see the full awesomeness of the event. An event like Scargh should have taken a full month so everyone should have had the chance to enjoy everything.

Most of the people complaining here aren't here to grind but to merely enjoy the game, THAT is what is missing.

#13 02-03-2012 15:00:47

magius
Solarian

TPPK a écrit :

Most of the people complaining here aren't here to grind but to merely enjoy the game, THAT is what is missing.

+1 Having realistic goals and balance outside the game itself. Game is not my life and I do not want it to be. Until the Pirate Event, I was not really enjoying the game. Now I am quite happy to finish off the Pirate Event and enjoy the brain-teaser it offers.

#14 02-03-2012 15:27:04

Izayoi
Nehantiste

magius a écrit :
TPPK a écrit :

+1 Having realistic goals and balance outside the game itself. Game is not my life and I do not want it to be. Until the Pirate Event, I was not really enjoying the game. Now I am quite happy to finish off the Pirate Event and enjoy the brain-teaser it offers.

+1 to both commments.

Even if I did get Scragh I didn't enjoy it's event at all. Stone King and Phoenix were too grinding to my taste. I was hating all the last events until Valentyne and I start to love them again with the current pirate one. I'd really love if Feerik wouldn't repeat those awful grindfests again.

#15 02-03-2012 15:50:05

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

I don't understand...if it's too grindy or whatever for you, then why play the events? I quit WoW awhile back for the same reason; too much busy work and I didn't wanna do it anymore. Sure, I had to do it to stay competitive in the DPS Charts (I played a Mage) but after awhile I was like...meh. No more.

Same thing here. No one's forcing you to play the event, and if you want to do them to "stay competitive", then that's on you. No use complaining about it.

#16 02-03-2012 16:08:28

magius
Solarian

Ryken a écrit :

I don't understand...if it's too grindy or whatever for you, then why play the events? I quit WoW awhile back for the same reason; too much busy work and I didn't wanna do it anymore. Sure, I had to do it to stay competitive in the DPS Charts (I played a Mage) but after awhile I was like...meh. No more.

Same thing here. No one's forcing you to play the event, and if you want to do them to "stay competitive", then that's on you. No use complaining about it.

Lol I don't think I'm complaining one bit as I choose what event I want to play and I think I state it quite clearly. I am just stating the fact that grind-fest is not for everyone.

I certainly do not want to do:

9999 x Lady_Yilith_click_go_for_for_the_freaking_phoenix(const human_index_finger).

It just get boring. Pirate even on the other hand... woo hoo! Finally they got the event just right.

Dernière modification par magius (02-03-2012 16:10:30)

#17 02-03-2012 17:14:16

Gardien

Ryken a écrit :

The point is that Eredan wasn't like this, you didn't need to grind all event to stay competitive, and now it's becoming, that is what I'm complaining.

Zurga -

Please don't mention the auction event, where some cards like dhan there were offers where someone had to have spent +-400 dolars to have that ammount of eggs..

You can't say only cause 1 card was avaliable, in one event, to whom pay more, that it was available for everyone. It's like to say travel to the moon is available, you just got divine when the next rocket is going and pay more than everyone else for it..

#18 02-03-2012 17:25:38

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

I though more about this :
http://blogus.eredan.com/index.php/2011 … year-packs
http://blogus.eredan.com/index.php/2011 … lior-magus

And the Halloween 2010 mask available at fixed price in the auction room in Halloween 2011.

Instead of specific card available only once during the auction time and that need a lot of real money.

Dernière modification par Zurga (02-03-2012 17:26:59)

Collectionneur de cartes

#19 02-03-2012 17:57:29

Gardien

Zurga a écrit :

I though more about this :
http://blogus.eredan.com/index.php/2011 … year-packs
http://blogus.eredan.com/index.php/2011 … lior-magus

And the Halloween 2010 mask available at fixed price in the auction room in Halloween 2011.

Instead of specific card available only once during the auction time and that need a lot of real money.

This Could Work. The problem is that the waiting shouldn't be over 2-3 months most, or else the card itself will probally be useless when it became avaliable.

#20 02-03-2012 18:02:44

JarodG64
Eredanien
Lieu : Parcourant les terres de Guem

Zurga a écrit :

They have invented the trophy in store for theses cards, but you have a 6-8 weeks of delay

Not true anymore. They no longer release in the shop the trophies in the order they were released as weekly event.
The only trophy I couldn't do was the resistant released 22nd December, we are 2nd March and it's still not in the shop. Also the trophy added in the shop today was released 12th January.

#21 02-03-2012 18:36:27

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

More a mistake than a real change in the way they release the trophies.

Collectionneur de cartes

#22 02-03-2012 18:47:40

Lulosaurio
Habitant de Guem

Event cards could get addad to the card shop for feez, 500-1k feez for an event card should be ok.

I was retired during the Scragh event and for the Fame of the winners one, and I feel cheated when someone plays cards I cannot get anymore.

#23 02-03-2012 22:09:46

elmariachi17
Campeur

Lulosaurio a écrit :

Event cards could get addad to the card shop for feez, 500-1k feez for an event card should be ok.

I was retired during the Scragh event and for the Fame of the winners one, and I feel cheated when someone plays cards I cannot get anymore.

+1 i fully agree with u. it feels kinda sad knowing that i will never be able to complete my DK unless i get nehant shield and especially Fame of the Winners...
Hell, i dont mind paying around 500-1000 feez for those cards. much better than wasting so much during the auctions

Pied de page des forums