Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 23-12-2011 17:55:21

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

Storyline question

I was seeing the nehantist cards and im seeing a pattern in some cards that involve a Witchblade character, those cards are:

gyeNjhQs.png
[card]Cutting all Ties[/card]
PGhHWwVo.png
NOJQz7Dj.png
7BtJAmSz.png

At the last image, is the the WB turned into a demos or what?
So for someone who follows the story is there a wb turned into a demon?

Dernière modification par Santuros (23-12-2011 17:57:13)

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#2 23-12-2011 18:11:59

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Re : Storyline question

Everything is written here:
http://wiki.eredan.com/index.php?title= … onvictions

You can add [card]Eliminehantation[/card] and [card]Cutting all Ties[/card], they all referring to the same part of the story.

Very short version :
Dimizar try to defeat some Noz come  to help Ice elf.
Moira is in charge of the Noz soldiers and is possessed by [card]DeathBlade[/card] when Dimizar succeeded to cut the link between Moira and Dragon.
But, finally Dimizar is forced to withdraw and Moira is saved.

Collectionneur de cartes

#3 23-12-2011 19:41:46

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Zurga a écrit :

In French....

It's asinine to rely on your English-speaking players to translate this, which is what you always do.  I can only imagine the majority of the American players don't speak a lick of French, and the people who are bi-lingual won't really bother to translate it because it's already available in a language they already speak.

I know it's a wiki, so it's player-driven, but you need to have a much more official site for the rules and the story.  When someone asks a question on the FAQ or Bugs forum, you automatically divert to the wiki, and blame them as if 'The Wiki's right in front of them, they should know!'  Not once playing this game (Prior to joining the forums) was I told the wiki had rules and story.  Perhaps you should put something in place that tells new players, or players who don't go on the forums, that the wiki is your rule book.

As for all of the story line not being in English, at the very least, offer someone feez or crystals or something to translate it.

Give intensive.  A wise man once said 'If you're good at something, never do it for free.'

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#4 23-12-2011 19:58:29

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Don't blame it on me (blame it on the boogie wink ).
I'm not member of the staff.
I'm only moderator off the forum.
I ty to give you the information I have.
I know that some translators do the job in other language (Chinese version is more translated than English one).
I'm not able to translate everything (I do not have knowledge nor time to do it).

Nothing is ideal, As you have probably noticed Amber who was English translator is gone. It doesn't help.

Collectionneur de cartes

#5 23-12-2011 22:43:11

MrLordi92
Gardien

Zurga a écrit :

Don't blame it on me (blame it on the boogie wink ).
I'm not member of the staff.
I'm only moderator off the forum.
I ty to give you the information I have.
I know that some translators do the job in other language (Chinese version is more translated than English one).
I'm not able to translate everything (I do not have knowledge nor time to do it).

Nothing is ideal, As you have probably noticed Amber who was English translator is gone. It doesn't help.

I'm not blaming you, or at least I'm not trying to blame you.  Somewhere I know it's not your fault, since you're just a mod, but I can't whine at Dimizar if he's not on here. *Shrugs*

And yeah, I noticed Amber's not here anymore.  Looks like the game's just going to die in English.  We'll be forced to learn French, won't we?

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

#6 23-12-2011 23:42:03

Santuros
Nehantiste

Zurga a écrit :

You can add [card]Eliminehantation[/card] and [card]Cutting all Ties[/card], they all referring to the same part of the story.

Very short version :
Moira is in charge of the Noz soldiers and is possessed by [card]DeathBlade[/card] when Dimizar succeeded to cut the link between Moira and Dragon.

Oh thanks smile
And yeah to bad i love this game story but cant continue the story in english at least, i also talk in spanish but i dont like any game in my language... perhaps i could translate the story from spanish to english but that may provoke that the original essence of the story is lost by doing a second translation, plus the fat that i don't rely in my skills to much...

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#7 24-12-2011 04:27:54

MrLordi92
Gardien

Santuros a écrit :
Zurga a écrit :

Very short version :

Oh thanks smile
And yeah to bad i love this game story but cant continue the story in english at least, i also talk in spanish but i dont like any game in my language... perhaps i could translate the story from spanish to english but that may provoke that the original essence of the story is lost by doing a second translation, plus the fat that i don't rely in my skills to much...

It's better than nothing.

#8 25-12-2011 17:48:27

Santuros
Nehantiste

MrLordi92 a écrit :
Santuros a écrit :
Zurga a écrit :

Very short version :

Oh thanks smile

It's better than nothing.

Perhaps ill do it when  im back home, but i cant be 100% sure

Dernière modification par Santuros (25-12-2011 17:50:34)

#9 26-12-2011 12:22:42

Dimizar
Le Grand Corrupteur

but I can't whine at Dimizar if he's not on here

I'm here, but i will say the same things than Zurga. Translating the storyline of Eredan is a gigantic work and Amber left us. One solution is to find someone who accept to translate the storyline...

I understand your frustration but i dont have any other solution for the moment (and i have a very bad english ^^)

Game Designer / Writer - Staff Feerik

Clan Feerik

#10 26-12-2011 19:22:51

MrLordi92
Gardien

Dimizar a écrit :

but I can't whine at Dimizar if he's not on here

I'm here, but i will say the same things than Zurga. Translating the storyline of Eredan is a gigantic work and Amber left us. One solution is to find someone who accept to translate the storyline...

I understand your frustration but i dont have any other solution for the moment (and i have a very bad english ^^)

No, you're English is fine.  I understand it's not easy, it's just...  It seems that the French, and generally every language other than English gets infinitely more support.  Granted, I know it's a French game, but it's advantageous of a company wishing to branch out to other languages to be equipped for such an undertaking.

Pied de page des forums