Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 15-12-2011 19:05:12

ledeir
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : MA, USA

Player voted card bans

I will admit this idea is from another online card game.
I see lots of complaints about card power levels.
I also am seeing a fair bit of talk on the recent card adjustments.

It seems like feerik puts a high priority on releasing more cards, rather than testing to make sure they are balanced... I can respect that as a business decision, so I am not here to debate it. With that as a decision though, it means there are going to be obvious power differences.

If they had a weekly poll were players could vote on cards to ban for the next week, then it could draw more attention to cards which might be overpowered. If cards are consistently banned, they can be flagged for rebalancing.

Also, since it would be player voted, and there would presumably be at least a month before a card was flagged for readjustment, players should have less objections to it being changed, especially when it is already out of their deck...

Thoughts?

#2 15-12-2011 19:15:15

soulst3al3r
Solarian

Re : Player voted card bans

ledeir a écrit :

It seems like feerik puts a high priority on releasing more cards, rather than testing to make sure they are balanced... I can respect that as a business decision, so I am not here to debate it. With that as a decision though, it means there are going to be obvious power differences.

If they had a weekly poll were players could vote on cards to ban for the next week, then it could draw more attention to cards which might be overpowered. If cards are consistently banned, they can be flagged for rebalancing.

Also, since it would be player voted, and there would presumably be at least a month before a card was flagged for readjustment, players should have less objections to it being changed, especially when it is already out of their deck...

Thoughts?

Eredan cant go on and copy everything that ***bip*** does. Next thing you know, they'll impose a 5 minute penalty if people run from games way too much. Voting also cant work in some cases if people are able to make endless amounts of multis

#3 15-12-2011 19:51:29

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

Making multiple accounts is indeed an issue which needs to be addressed separately.

And, though I wasn't going to explication mention which game inspired the thought, apparently you recognized it immediately wink

That game doesn't handle voting the right way, if Eredan copied them I would be quite unhappy. But the concept of voting is something they could consider!

#4 15-12-2011 20:00:53

Sereaphim
Habitant de Guem

soulst3al3r a écrit :
ledeir a écrit :

Thoughts?

Eredan cant go on and copy everything that ***bip*** does. Next thing you know, they'll impose a 5 minute penalty if people run from games way too much. Voting also cant work in some cases if people are able to make endless amounts of multis

Why not make it that you only can vote if you have played at least 1000 games ?
And only games count where you not leave or time out.
This way multis would be pretty useless.

Dernière modification par Sereaphim (15-12-2011 20:02:30)

#5 15-12-2011 20:05:20

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

Sereaphim a écrit :

(and only games count where you not leave or time out)

That's a good idea...
How about instead of a minimum number of games require a minimum number of completed games per week? (again, not counting leaving or time outs)

That way accounts have to consistently be active to keep their votes.

Also, to help encourage sales, give people an extra vote if they bought cards that week. (but only 1 extra vote regardless of purchase)

#6 15-12-2011 22:12:35

PatrikÅkervinda
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Ängelholm, Sweden

ledeir a écrit :
Sereaphim a écrit :

(and only games count where you not leave or time out)

That's a good idea...
How about instead of a minimum number of games require a minimum number of completed games per week? (again, not counting leaving or time outs)

That way accounts have to consistently be active to keep their votes.

Also, to help encourage sales, give people an extra vote if they bought cards that week. (but only 1 extra vote regardless of purchase)

I like the ideas so far excep buying a vote. That's like a slap in the face to those who don't spend a lot of cash on the game. That's not good for bussiness. It inspires people to whine and clutter up the forum with trash.

#7 15-12-2011 22:33:23

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

PatrikÅkervinda a écrit :

I like the ideas so far excep buying a vote. That's like a slap in the face to those who don't spend a lot of cash on the game. That's not good for bussiness. It inspires people to whine and clutter up the forum with trash.

I don't like it either...
But I figured I would toss it out there as an idea anyways.

Pied de page des forums