Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 12-12-2011 11:37:41

Gent M
Habitant de Guem

Marketplace changes - aftermath

It's been a while since the new market has been implemented so it could be a good moment to discuss if this change has been positive or not. (obviously price changes are caused by the newly released cards and the booster format change)

So here are some observations:

Legendary cards have had a significant price drop. A new start 1M to 700k, prestige 360k to 180k, mastery, are all cheaper then before the market change.
The effect of the rule that lowers the max price of the unsold cards can be best seen here.

Rare and useful character cards
Really expensive cards like gakyusha or abomination (if you create him from level 1 it costs 60-70k) have dropped in price, while most strong rare cards have stabilized around their previous market value (Mellisandre, Prophet - stable around 25k, Telendar - stable around 10k, keizan - stable around 20k).
A few rares have increased in price (Hailwalker - 10k to 20k, prince metchaf 10k to 15k, abyssen 20k to 30k).

Cards that were overpriced have dropped for the same reason as the legendaries (consider the cost of opportunity) while those that were in the affordable zone have had a slight price increase (even though not many can afford them everyone wants them).

Useful non-character cards (in higher demand the characters since you need 3 and some are also usable in different decks)
Cards that are staple in ELO have had some strange variations. Assassination, Solaris, Support of the Gods have increased in price tremendously, but The Dragon's Breath, Drowning or The Last Word have dropped quite a bit. (probably because TDB and Drowning were obtainable in the new blood boosters)
Others that are not so useful in ELO have remained stable - turned to the shadow side for example.

Uncommons
Many uncommons have decreased in price a lot (Arkalon, Brothers in Arms, Istaryam Blade, Chiaroscuro etc) due to the max market price limit imposed by Feerik

Market anomalies
Some cards have a max price that is much to low for the seller. So cards like Fireball or Stealing the Spotlight can not be found on the market unless an unexperienced player sells them.

Conclusions
- some really expensive cards (mostly the legendaries) are becoming more and more accesible
- with very few exceptions market price will be driven by rarity much more then before
- due to the prohibitive prices of staples ELO is becoming more and more exclusive which is why less players are participating (just check tournament history from now compared to 6 months ago)

#2 12-12-2011 14:44:46

TPPK
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Belgium

Re : Marketplace changes - aftermath

Additional effects not taken into account since it isn't market based but it affects the market:

Due to the lack of Act 1-3 boosters being sold there is a severe lack of those cards resulting in massive price raises (assassination, stealing the spotlight, etc...) or those cards being unavailable at all.

The surplus of Act 4 - newcomers cards results in an overflow of cards hence the prices having to drop.

The lack of crystals results in people not being able to buy legendaries whereas the market mechanics force them to drop in price.

People unable to complete a deck are forced to find new solutions being in new cards which results in crappy/uncompleted decks not suited for elo.

Edit:
I kid you not but even the Flails are out: a card NEEDED to make an avalonian deck, resulting in people not being able to create a level 3 Aez (or not being able to sell him) That is how ridiculously broken this market currently is.

Conclusion: You can't make a solid aftermath analysis due to the foundations of the market (the inflow of new cards) is messed up badly.

Feerik should resort back to the 4 cards from the specific booster and 8 cards from a random guild/act to guarantee the constant inflow of every card and a healthy market.

Dernière modification par TPPK (12-12-2011 14:48:56)

#3 12-12-2011 14:53:11

magius
Solarian

I still stand with the viewpoint of making both type of boosters available.

Having Act-based booster makes recent card releases less scarce and the chances of getting certain cards from certain Acts better at the cost of not Guild-specific.

Making Guild-based booster allows players to acquire Guild-Specific cards but at the cost of a larger card pool == less chance of getting the card they want.

Both boosters target different players, hence increasing sales of boosters == Happy Feerik == Happy Player.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#4 12-12-2011 16:30:55

Rolth
Campeur

I agree. My own complaint is using the slider to get your price. I always over-shoot the price I want. Besides that, I just have trouble with some of the older cards being hard to make. I decided to level some of my older cards from when I first started playing and thought I would make an Abomination. Wouldn't you know it, but the market was short of cards needed for this.

#5 12-12-2011 16:50:08

TPPK
Habitant de Guem

Having both types of boosters available would be imho the best approach.
There is a need for newer cards each time so they don"t get severely overpriced but there also is a need for players who like to expand their specific guild decks.

The only limit there needs to be is the limitation in what you get. 4 cards out of 8 being specific was a great way to satisfy the global needs of the market.

Dernière modification par TPPK (12-12-2011 16:51:24)

#6 12-12-2011 22:12:27

ledeir
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : MA, USA

I've been away a while... About a year.
What are these new changes?
I have noticed the market is MUCH easier to navigate now that its a list...
Thanks.

#7 13-12-2011 09:15:13

TPPK
Habitant de Guem

Market itself gained maximal and minimal prices but it doesn't takes enough parameters into consideration. (eg. shadow mastery costs 20k each while max price for yu ling level 3 is 30k (needing two shadow mastery).

At the same time they altered the boosters system towards a specific cards system instead of the former 33% being specific cards resulting in a bad influx of old cards needed to upgrade chars which results into certain characters being unavailable, certain decks being unavailable or hoarding of old cards to overprice them later thanks to the new market system.

Pied de page des forums