Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 01-11-2011 23:22:25

God
Habitant de Guem

Re : Idea/concept for Zil

Let me be more specific on what I was saying earlier . . . .  If you were to change Zil the first shadow to say something like . . . cards can't be discarded while he is alive . . . then it would be fine . . . but til the end of the game make it too powerful in my opinion . . .

#27 02-11-2011 01:48:40

goscar
Guémélite

How is making it so you hand is uneffected till end of game too powerful? It just makes it so 1 stupid/easy to play deck burns and dies.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#28 02-11-2011 18:38:22

James.the.Campbell
Ptit nouveau

Disliking the play of a deck doesn't invalidate it's utility. Mill decks work, so people play them. Demanding cards to nuke a deck you dislike isn't cool, it's as cheap and easy as you accuse the deck of being. However, creating cards to create a challenge and strategic balance to those decks, that's where the games get interesting.
So I agree, "player cannot be forced to discard from her own hand while Zil is alive" is a fantastic balance (ie it's a counter that can be countered).
I would suggest maybe lowering the spirit by 1 or having a byline that reads something like "Zil Spirit +1 when opponent casts a spell, Zil Spirit -1 when Zil casts a spell." Just so he's a little less effective as a killy mage.
Great artwork BTW

#29 02-11-2011 22:23:47

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

James.the.Campbell a écrit :

Disliking the play of a deck doesn't invalidate it's utility. Mill decks work, so people play them. Demanding cards to nuke a deck you dislike isn't cool, it's as cheap and easy as you accuse the deck of being. However, creating cards to create a challenge and strategic balance to those decks, that's where the games get interesting.
So I agree, "player cannot be forced to discard from her own hand while Zil is alive" is a fantastic balance (ie it's a counter that can be countered).
I would suggest maybe lowering the spirit by 1 or having a byline that reads something like "Zil Spirit +1 when opponent casts a spell, Zil Spirit -1 when Zil casts a spell." Just so he's a little less effective as a killy mage.
Great artwork BTW

But creating a card that effectively counters half of a deck or more doesn't make it a challenge.  it makes it a slaughter.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#30 02-11-2011 22:54:49

TheUnsane
Habitant de Guem

theres already 2 lightning immune guys to sxcrew over pirate mages.

#31 02-11-2011 23:10:33

James.the.Campbell
Ptit nouveau

It does counter half the deck, or all the deck, or a quarter of the deck, but it isn't a complete counter, he can be killed, possibly one shot, depending on the cards drawn against him.
So a card like this is a counter, but not an absolute counter. imo, those are the best kind for balance and enjoyment of gameplay in any game. A counter that can be countered.

But these are my opinions, we're both entitled to have them ;-)

Cheers!

#32 03-11-2011 03:28:35

TheUnsane
Habitant de Guem

i don't see how a discard deck could one shot much of anything

#33 07-11-2011 14:46:07

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

TheUnsane a écrit :

Turn on, psych or kriss, Blackmaill + (the theurgies that does 3 magic damage and heal 3 points) + hitting max dmg, while the other guy plays nothing defencive...

See, can be done..

But I agree, most discards can't one shot anything..  Especially old school discarts who dont use clerics...

#34 07-11-2011 15:22:06

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Paladino.:RR:. a écrit :
TheUnsane a écrit :

Turn on, psych or kriss, Blackmaill + (the theurgies that does 3 magic damage and heal 3 points) + hitting max dmg, while the other guy plays nothing defencive...

See, can be done..

But I agree, most discards can't one shot anything..  Especially old school discarts who dont use clerics...

Discard doesn't play Chiaroscuro.  Maybe some Zil Priest Theurgy/Discard hybrid monstrosity, but not current Zil Mill.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

Pied de page des forums