Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 13-10-2011 17:24:50

goscar
Guémélite

English Side Matter?

The way I see it is that the english side of the game has been neglated alot. I mean the cards of the week doesn't even have a forum topic yet. Also some cards and events are translated really poorly. Did we not pay enough?

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#2 13-10-2011 18:24:17

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

Re : English Side Matter?

since dante san is gone, perhaps the new translator is still getting the hang of it

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#3 13-10-2011 20:02:00

Poptolev
Guémélite

Santuros a écrit :

since dante san is gone, perhaps the new translator is still getting the hang of it

Yeah google translate has really hard time getting the hang of it.

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#4 14-10-2011 01:16:46

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

Poptolev a écrit :
Santuros a écrit :

Yeah google translate has really hard time getting the hang of it.

LOL tongue

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#5 14-10-2011 08:11:49

amber
Habitant de Guem

Hi,  I am trying my best to translate the cards and provide you with the best possible service.

#6 14-10-2011 09:52:27

Calandra
Gardien
Lieu : Dickes B, oben an der Spree

and we appreciate your efforts amber... at least some of us do...

to goscar and poptolev
you know... english might be the most spoken language in the world but that doesnt mean that it will always get the major cut of attention... especially in a game which is originally designed in france(!)... of course the french part of the forum gets more attention and is taken care of a lot more because
a.) everything is made in french in the first place
b.) the community is the biggest by far
c.) i think every staff member who is active in the forum speaks at least french

i think that the change in personel is saying a lot about how problematic it seems to be to run the game and forum efficently.

Bleachman, Dantesan, Glasher....

so please dont hit on amber now with comments like using google translater...

btw as far as i remember the story is placed in the wiki section, correct?
so how about you just start translating by yourself?

in fact i think google translate could give a good help in translating 'single' words as for the rest i would use dictionary websites.

Wash the spears... while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears... while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears... who fears to die?
Wash the spears... no one I know!

#7 14-10-2011 11:59:13

Sapphon
Staff Feerik

Hi !

The short answer is : the english side matters. But as you already know (I hope), there have been staff changes last week, and we are still working hard to fill the hole left by Dantesan (and you can believe me when I say it's not that simple. This dude was hard to keep up with O_O).
I hope everything will be fine soon.

And please, try to be a bit more considerate in your comments. Talking about google translate can be really hurtful to people working on them. A well-turned criticism has always better effects on people than an insult ;p

#8 14-10-2011 12:28:48

Lyquid
Habitant de Guem

I'm willing to help you people with the translations. But I'm not from Feerik nor from France. I don't know how I can help except when I post in the "Cards Text" thread.

In case you need an extra hand, I'm here smile

Dernière modification par Lyquid (14-10-2011 12:29:29)

#9 16-10-2011 10:48:24

Poptolev
Guémélite

There is a slight difference between receiving the biggest part of the cake and ... does any of you notice that there is no thread about the Master-Mystic Slayer ?

The english part/players are pretty much being ignored. We get information about 8-12 hours after the french players IF we get any information at all. And 8-12 hours matters if you want to snipe something.

Most of the time the translations of the cards are flat out ... let's say funny and impossible to comprehend. I am 100% sure there are players willing to help.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Dernière modification par Poptolev (16-10-2011 10:53:21)

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#10 17-10-2011 18:51:13

goscar
Guémélite

Amber I am sure you're trying your best and I am sorry if I offended you. I just feel a bit more should be done to help out on the English side.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#11 18-10-2011 07:16:05

amber
Habitant de Guem

It's okay!  I understand completely and I'm trying my best!

#12 28-10-2011 05:06:47

bleachman
Gardien

The English side definitely matters. I know this because I have frequented a lot with Feerik staff and forwarded information to them as well. We used to get more 'attention' when we had Lonak as a community manager, who would post regularly and often. His successor, unfortunately, did not post much in our Forum, mainly due to language difficulties.

I do believe our community will have a good lot of 'hearing' and eye witness to staff activity with the two newest members of Feerik staff. Our new Community Manager, Sapphon, and new Translator, Amber, will surely do a fine job, once they have settled in 100%.

In addition I decided to come back and help out here or there. I do not know, if I will be able to keep up with much of the game strategies, seeing as I will not invest in the game itself anymore. But I am more than willing to help out the community.

THIS

IS

THE ENGLISH SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!

*kick*

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

Pied de page des forums