Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 08-08-2011 16:39:05

amber
Habitant de Guem

New Debate

Hello,

Here's a new subject to debate. Please read carefully and respect the rules which are stated below.
The subject is open but there is a time limit : it will close on Tuesday, August 16 at 10 AM (French Time)

Take your time, think of questions, and please don't post after you have just read this message.  Give yourself at least 30 minutes, an hour, or even a day to respond.  Please be as concise as possible, so, the team and I can enjoy all your comments.

This week I would like to discuss the Castes and the different aspects of this guild.

Please only post comments that are constructive.

All comments that are not serious, and/or are not related to the debate will be deleted:  the aim here is to create a serious discussion on a valid subject. 

Another thing you must understand is that we will not be able to answer everyone's questions or comments. But you're invited to develop as many as you would like to:

- Have you already played the caste Deck, if yes which one(s) ?

- Which one of the different castes were you?

- Did you prefer a certain caste character like Avaloniens (Aez) or Hares The Runic ?

- Do you think that the castes are competitive enough on ELO? If yes, at what point and with which tools?

- What do you think of the involvement of the caste characters in the storyline of Eredan?

- Do you have comments or suggestions that you would like us to know about concerning the castes?

Please don't hesitate to go a little further with these questions and really express your feelings about the guild.  As a little reminder please respect all the rules.

We hope to receive many opinions from both experts and non-experts
Your opinion is important for the future of Eredan iTCG.

#2 08-08-2011 20:16:13

RyogaLX
Gardien

Re : New Debate

Yes, multiple courtesan decks, World-tree and Dragon knights.   

- Did you prefer a certain caste character like Avaloniens (Aez) or Hares The Runic ?

Avaloniens absolutely, complete caste of merc warriors would be nice. A release of this type could give a new air for merc guild that is very left behind for long time. My mind can't imagine witch kind of card cound have this one O_o! awesome.

- Do you think that the castes are competitive enough on ELO? If yes, at what point and with which tools?

Few of it, only circus, witchblades, eclipse and courtesans is competative enough to deal with ELO metagaming. Especially Circus and Eclipse caste restrict completly some heavy mage decks or others. 

- What do you think of the involvement of the caste characters in the storyline of Eredan?

- Do you have comments or suggestions that you would like us to know about concerning the castes?

The troubleshooting with some caste is the fact that lacks on quantity and competitive of the cards, especially world-tree, making them completely nullified in ELO competition. I personally think that caste is a nice concept that gives some flavor for the storyline and game-play.

Caste need to reflect facts in storyline and gives diversity and tools to players to build decks with original and unique game mechanism. Eclipse, Courtesan, Dragonknights and Witchblades deal with this issue pretty easy, cuz they had unique mechanism and lot of cards to build competitive decks. World-tree,  Mechanist, eclipse (few cards), and other caste lacks on card, having only about 3 to 5 cards available.

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#3 09-08-2011 04:30:49

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

I have. Witchblades, Dragon Knights, Compendium, Temple Guardians, Eclipse, and Tsoutai

They have an epic feel about them, especially the Thunder King. Reminded me of Decipher's Lord of the Rings trading card game.

Based on my experience with the castes I have played:

Witchblades - apparently they've gone from cool-sounding but unplayable to OMGWTFBBQ witchblades again?!?. Personally I think they're pretty formidable, but their original focus (Light spells) seems to have been abandoned with only two light spells present in the game atm.

Dragon Knights - a really well-done tank control deck. They're ok for ELO.

Compendium - haven't tried them in ELO, but my experience with them in the level rooms have been nothing but amazing. My only gripe is that they only have one signature spell (Crystal Storm) which makes them pretty predictable.

Temple Guardians - old school Temple Guardians were not competitive at all in ELO in my experience. Haven't faced the new ones with Forced March and whatnot.

Eclipse - AFAIK they're pretty good now with Mercy and Djamena. When I played them there was only Iolmarek and Kararine present and I had to mix it up with the Sphinx, at that time that was the accepted "good" lineup.

Tsoutai - for a short while only, and they were decent in ELO. Flawseeker's Harmony in particular is a pretty good card.

It's fine.

Too many castes and not enough support for the castes. Maybe stop introducing new castes every other release? (exaggeration, but you get my point tongue) Instead focus on building additional options and characters per caste.

The character-specific cards are really good (i.e. Thunder King set, Aez's Sword) flavorwise, as long as they are not overdone.

Lady Jane can kick your ass.

#4 10-08-2011 03:39:50

fingreen
Voyageur

I am a huge fan of theme decks. As castes is pretty much themed from head to toe! I wish them not need to be competitive but complete with it's own way!!

Crow (new mage and old claws) Witchblade (too hot to not have one) Eclipse (competetive but not because of their theme, they only have 2 crappy cards) The Pack (new lunation really good and old warriors just cool) Mechenics (hell competitive if you unban port and fix detnation) Tempus (great theme deck for sure) Tsutai (very fun going mage or marader) Tracker (well themed but not clear on the way it goes)

do not understand this... they have no caste... do you mean having the same character with different version?

Eclipse is competetive but it's with all the cards not in the caste
The pack with lunation is competetive enough. Since there are very few mages around
Tsutai is almost there.
Tracker just dies... with the cool  [card]to track down[/card] i wish i can get to the 3rd round without running out of cards and life.

ofcause. Castes are cool and since they have unique cards they should have unique stories

Sap heart needs castes. I believe it's easier to manage card strength with castes involved.

Pirates needs castes of some sort. I've made many theme decks with Pirates but none of them center around caste.

Eclipse have almost no caste card. They should have some kind of theme

World-tree does nothing... no cards that work with them.

Some of the caste has pretty good outcome ex: witchblade, dragon knight.
Mainly because they have cards that works around them and a focus of what they will become.

Dernière modification par fingreen (10-08-2011 05:33:50)

#5 11-08-2011 08:49:10

Valnyr
Campeur

Yes, Tracker (before and after last update, now the guemelite version), Witchblade, Eclipse, The Pack.

Don't understand this question. Do you mean to put some caste in the mercenary? If you mean so, I don't like the idea to put some new caste only for the mercenary. A mercenary is supposed to combat for the faction that buy it, it shouldn't have a caste. But now no one put a mercenary in his deck, if it isn't a only mercenary deck. I think it could be nice and give some vitality to the mercenary, if there is some mercenary of the caste of the other guild (like a mercenary of The Pack, or a mercenary of the Temple Guardian, ecc.), or maybe mercenary that have ability that interact only with some guild (example, all Noz take +1 spirit, or all Zil take 1 less damage, ecc.), or something similar.

No.
The caste aren't competitive at all.
Maybe something like Witchblade or Circus a little bit.
The problem isn't the cast itself, but that there is some deck that is really power versus almost every other one, and so a lot of people try to do this deck, and so that deck wins, the other not.

I found the storyline in french only.
I don't know french.
So I didn't read it, and iI don't know what to say here.

There are some caste that are done well, some other no.
For Example, the Tracker is very well done: you have some different characters, you can do different type of setup (like the human one or the guemelite one), you have a lot of cards for tracker only, wich means you MUST do some choice, even if you want to do a tracker deck. The tracker have a lot of choice, so every tracker Deck is different. This is very good: you must think when you create you deck, you can try different options, you can change it if you are bored. This is a really wonderful thing.
Take instead the eclipse: only 3 characters, you must use that 3 if you want a full Eclipse. Where is the choice? Look at the cards for Eclipse only: where is the choice in only 2 cards? An Eclipse deck, is a deck with the 3 characters, with 1 or 2 Expiation, and the other cards thar are not Eclipse. If I do a confrontation with the Tracker, or the Dragon Knight, o The Pack, it's a sad result.
Then, There are some good Caste that could have more than 3 character (at least 4 or 5, so that a player could make a choice), like Dragon Knight. A lot of cards, but only 3 characters? :-/

I think that the caste, to be funny to play, should give some different options, like the choice between 4 or 5 characters, or the choice between different type of deck inside the caste (like Tracker with human and Guemelite). And then, after the choice of characters, there should be the possibility to think about the card you put in the deck: look at the Witchblade, every ddeck is the same. Where the difference? The Eclipse, haven't the possibility to use Eclipse cards.
something like the Tracker or The Pack or something other, can make some choice. This is good.

I hope that the new releases don't bring new caste.
I hope that some of the old caste with no choice or underpowered (Eclipse the first, World Tree the second), receive something new.
Becouse if it's funny to play, maybe is even more funny to think and to build and try to balance the deck we want to use smile

Sorry for mistakes, but I don't know english very well smile

#6 11-08-2011 14:28:57

magius
Solarian

I am a very heavy caste player and so far here are the castes I have played:
* Witchblade
* Dragon Knight (before update)
* Compendium
* Eclipse
* Temple Guardian
* Tsoutai
* Crow (before update)
* Trackers (before update)
* Circus (before update)
* World Tree
* Tempus

If you are referring to the most favourite castes I played, it would be the Tsoutai. The flavour of Flawseekers and the 'Kung Fu' Shi-Fu-Mi are great. What more, this caste offer 2 strategy route with their variety of card choices (although we are just stuck with 3 characters). Adding 1-2 more characters to this caste would make it very complete IMHO.

Mercenaries are left out in terms of caste development. I will be happy to see the Tempus caste being developed (currently it is in a slow-snail state). It will be nice to see also the 'Last hope of Guem' Ice Elf caste or something. Not to mention mercenary "Assassins" caste to be hired by other guilds to political backstabbing.

Although mercenaries are meant to complement other Guilds, I believe they should have a working caste of their own just to add more flavour to the world.

Do you think that the castes are competitive enough on ELO? If yes, at what point and with which tools?

Yes. Witchblades for one (which everyone seems to hate) and the Circus. The best thing about having a competitive caste is due to the complement of caste cards they can use which trumps having the most 'powerful' cards you can find.

Restricting cards to certain caste allows a more variety of decks to be played in ELO rather than just a flat out Zil abomination-daggers-at-your-face deck, Kotoba I-have-the-highest-defense-you-can't-touch-me deck or Noz high-spirit-hungry-void-lightning-bolt-aoe-hahaha deck.

What do you think of the involvement of the caste characters in the storyline of Eredan?

To be honest, I have not caught up with the latest storyline. The last storylines on Witchblades and Crow are pretty interesting. It does show the inner working of the guild and it will be good to have more of these.

Do you have comments or suggestions that you would like us to know about concerning the castes?

As I have mentioned the good stuff about castes so far, so I will address the shortfall of certain castes that I have played before: underdevelopment.

* Eclipse: suffers from just having 3 characters and 2 (?!?!?!) Eclipse cards. What more, Iolmarek's -1 Spirit hurts the caste as they have now prone to both Physical AND Spirit attack... Expiation can only do so much and pretty limited to anti-mage decks. It can be said that they are the anti-mage squad of Nomads but it will be good to see it flesh out a bit more. At least, it is still current with meta-game right now due to other Nomad cards.

* World-Tree: Err... perhaps should I say what caste? No synergistic cards, no flavour or direction and no character choice. Splinter of World Tree is not even useful with Magic Poison, the archtype Nature spell of Sap Hearts. To be honest, this caste is the least thought out and perhaps, dare I say it, hastily put together just for a release sake.

* Tempus: With the current environment, it has become pretty obselete. Too slow to establish control (other caste does it better, i.e. Circus - Look Away at least is Chain not Chain-Circus), not enough Time manipulation ability (Only Time Leap??), prone to other control decks (i.e. Courtesan Discard) and the Chain ability is limited to Tempus card (which limits the strategy of this deck).

The point I am trying to make is suggest these for a caste:
* At least 3 characters to begin with ramping to at least 5 for variety.
* At least 1 major strategy and 1 minor strategy for flavour.
* MUST be synergistic.
* Release of 1 or 2 cards to keep the a completed caste alive in the ever changing game environment.

Being a software programmer and an ardent RPG fan (Eredan included smile), I would suggest a weekly release in this order of priority (just my 2 cents):
(1) Bug fixing. Always the top priority.
(2) Rebalancing of existing cards. You will always find a specific card used in weird but unbalancing ways. It is a good time to refactor and issue fixes/errata and what not after a whole week of public release. Not to introduce more powerful cards to rebalance the old ones.
(3) At least some sort of testing before a release (to be honest, this is as important as fixing existing bugs).
(4) Card release covering these aspects (since you are doing a Guild rotation):
* Generic Guild specific strategy cards (High amount).
* Guild caste specific cards (Medium amount).
* Generic non-Guild/Mercenary specific cards (Low amount). This way, mercenaries are not being neglected (which is an issue as of late).

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#7 12-08-2011 13:48:52

Ryel
Ptit nouveau
Lieu : Budapest

Have you already played the caste Deck, if yes which one(s) ?

My first and favourite caste deck is Crow. I tried a lot of variants including mixed caste decks (crow-tsoutai, crow-tracker) I don't like the new update very much.

I also tried some Tracker, Witchblade, Mechanist decks too. I'm thinking about to make an Eclipse deck

-Did you prefer a certain caste character like Avaloniens (Aez) or Hares The Runic ?

Definetely no, but I would like much more mercenary based or non-Guild cards. Maybe a card what play immidiatly a card from the deck/graveyard what contains the character name in the description.

I think Mercenaries need to be more attractive to put in guild decks too. Maybe they would be able to ignore the guild restriction of deck base. For example Aez use imperial armor in Kotoba deck or Dragon's Wit in Noz deck.

People don't like to use mercenaries in other decks because they card choice are limited compared with guild characters in deck.

I don't think so. Top Elo decks mostly based on brute force cards or powerful combinations.

I only read the first Act but I canceled my readings because it wasn't too enjoyable. Sometimes I search after a character what I like in it and read 1-2 section.

Do you have comments or suggestions that you would like us to know about concerning the castes?

1) Make much more cross caste cards and characters it helps to make cross caste deck's. For Example in Kotoba castes there are at least one character between each castes (Toran, Hime, Malyss)
2) Kotoba Castes are very well developed, you have hight variety of choices to build unique decks. They also has unique game mechanics and gameplay too, and good versality in races and classes. I think they are good enough for a long time.
3) Noz Castes are almost as good, but they have simplier more predicted gameplay, and their castes are more separeted, you wont want to mix them up. Compedium need one more character and much more non character card it would be nice to see a Water mage, and more compedium spell.
Dragon knights are strong enough now, but they would be glad for one more character.
A new Witchblade would also nice (maybe a witchblade-dragon knight character, or a witchblade character who automatically starts with the jewel what makes her dragon knight if it is in the deck). Witches also need more light spell.
I think Noz Castes are the best in ELO now so improvements not necesarry needed.
4) Zil have maybe the most unique Castes. The Circus get their update and variety. The Pack is also brutal, but I would like to see some new Pets, and cards what effects on them. (Maybe an action card what do if you have a pet and your health dropped under zero, immidiatly remove the pet and your health becomes 1)
It would be nice to see a shadow guelemite based caste too but it don't necessery.
5)Nomads get their third Caste too. I think they are good. You don't have much caste specific non-character cards but who said you only need caste specific cards in your caste deck. They have some very powerful character, and some brutal cards too.
6) I think Sap Hearts, Pirates, Nehants don't need more castes. They all have unique flavor in gameplay with some great combos and decks, they need now more general cards.
7) Courtisans really need some improvement. I think the best would be if you change the deck construction rule from
"You need a common base guild and every character in your deck (except if he is a mercenary) needs to have the common guild."
to
"just above except if all of your character Mercenary or Courtisan, you don't need to share guild." (What makes legal the Kimiko, Psalm, Dandy deck)
or
"Every character in the deck need to share a guild with at least one other character (mercenaries doesn't count)" (What makes more variety between courtisans or use courtisan character as connection between single guild characters)

Life is a dance and you are the dancer

#8 12-08-2011 15:22:49

Lulosaurio
Habitant de Guem

I played trackers (old), tsoutai, witchblades, dragon knights, compendium, eclipse, circus, courtesans, tempus.

I don't want more castes, improve old ones first!

No they aren't, only circus is somewhat competitive, discard is the best way to win this game.

Haven't read them

In general, give the castes more card choices, currently they feel like preconstructed decks where you must add the same cards all the time, you dont get room for creativity (20 card decks doesn't allow too much room to start with).

Some castes have almost no cards (eclipse, world-tree, compendium), some castes don't even have a solid lineup of characters (world-tree, compendium).

Also, stop making new castes, improve the ones already on the game first.

#9 13-08-2011 00:47:05

Valnyr
Campeur

Another thing i missed in my last update.

Instead of make new card or new character, you can may only new upgrade.
For example, take Djamena: you can add a new evolution, so, you can choose the actual one for Eclipse, or make her evolve in another one Immortal.

If you do this for some characters, you can give different characters for the Caste (Eclipse, World Tree, Dragon Knight, Witchblade, ecc.), without add too much new characters.

#10 13-08-2011 01:25:00

Anihilate
Solarian

Quite a few, but I tend to get bored with playing the same deck and not being able to change it up.
I've played using:
-Dragon Knights
-Tsoutai
-Courtesan
-Crow
-Tracker
-Circus
-World Tree
-Mechanists

- Which one of the different castes is your favorite?
Oddly enough, World Tree. They don't have many caste specific cards, but they can capitalize on the strengths and weaknesses in the guild.
High HP
Good spirit on mages
Good defense
And my favorite (and least utilized) feature of the sap hearts, It can speed up and slow gameplay at your discretion, or, capitalize at moments where your opponent can't respond.

Between the two? A Caste using Hares would be brilliant. I'd call them Runic.
Runic Gauntlet provides spirit, Runic Armor messes with theurgy, as does Hares himself. I'd suggest a Warrior/craft crossclass and a Pure Craftsman. I've even thought of caste specific cards for it.(That aren't horribly broken)

DK's are okay
Witchblades lost their luster
Circus decks can beat anything.
Immortals are the biggest threat to most decks.

It adds flavor to the game, gives them meaning as main characters.

Stop making new ones...I know it's good to release new cards and mechanics, but the Immortal caste is just unnecessary, it takes the main focuses of the nomad gameplay, and nearly breaks them.

Incorporate new courtesan cards for the new guilds.

Improve World Tree,Tempus, and Eclipse, the Castes have been around longer than the other lacking ones, so, they need a change up.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

Pied de page des forums