Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 26-07-2011 10:24:22

Dantesan
Solarian

Card of the Week: Anathematize

We would like to hear your feedback concerning a specific card we will select each week.
The idea is to get a quick idea on what works and what doesn't for further improvement.

What are its strengths/weaknesses? When do you play this card? Does it play well with another card? If so, which one? In what type of deck can it be integrated?

The aim is to express your opinion but also listen to others...

This topic will be open for a week. We expect you to be civil and respectful, provide constructive feedback, and of course trolling or flaming will be immediately deleted.

This week, we have chosen the card: Anathematize. Please give us your opinion and be precise.

Gameplay : All cards in every discard pile are removed from the game.

Strengths/Weaknesses: What are the advantages of this card and what are its biggest strengths? What are its weaknesses?

In a Deck: Do you play this card in one your decks, if so, how do you use it?

Anathematize

1. *
  2. **
  3. ***
  4. ****
  5. *****
Votes totaux: 40

Le sondage est fermé

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#2 26-07-2011 10:42:45

JarodG64
Eredanien
Lieu : Parcourant les terres de Guem

Re : Card of the Week: Anathematize

Its only use is to avoid a new start whatever the deck you're facing. So I find it not really useful as long as one doesn't play Elo at high level.

#3 26-07-2011 11:08:14

bubuniu
Voyageur

Well...

Strengths/Weaknesses: I rarely face IHAS to worry about it and I have no funds to built enough competettive ELO deck see ANS etc. So... Considering it is basically a counter to cards I NEVER will have where never means I just rounded chances up, it has no strenghts for me and I place it in my deck only when I have no other options or money to buy them.

In a Deck: When I played it I was discarding it. Never have chances to use it up to it's strenghts.

Dernière modification par bubuniu (27-07-2011 11:03:49)

#4 27-07-2011 01:33:25

Glasher
Guémélite

JarodG64 a écrit :

Its only use is to avoid a new start whatever the deck you're facing. So I find it not really useful as long as one doesn't play Elo at high level.

This is false!

There are numerous effects that utilize the graveyard. While it is key against Raw Homchai it serves as many other uses.

Gameplay:
All cards in every discard pile are removed from the game.

Strengths:
-Restricts recycling of a deck
-Neutralizes cards such as Panic, Watcher, Burn In Hell, Soraya(Death AOE), Void,
-Neutralizes cards in opponents deck that rely on the graveyard to be useful such as, the above stated. This effectively turns those drawn cards into a dead draw giving you more room to work with.
-It is NOT unique
-It is NOT guild or class restricted

Weaknesses:
-You have to chain into it, if you want to achieve other goals during the turn.
-Can easily be baited and negated by Obesity
-Hurts getting it anytime before turn 3(Unless u carry more than 1)
-Can be a useless draw vs some decks(this can also be a strength as thinning a deck, however slim, speeds you up a bit)
-Does NOT chain(that'd be sweeeeet)

Note: It has no real weaknesses other than not be able to chain and being baitable, which can be said for much more and les useful cards in the game.

In a Deck:
Yes, not so much so recently I have not been into ELO until I find a unique deck I think can compete. It should IMO be part of the big three(Anathema, Clumsiness, Freeze(or other Item removal cards if you do not have a mage)

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#5 28-07-2011 05:56:41

bleachman
Gardien

This is another very situational card. Against some decks it is a gift of the gods, in a lot of cases it is utterly useless and gets tossed from your hand once you get it.

In most cases this card will be used to disrupt opponent tactics, including usages of staple cards, like Burn in Hell, Panic, etc... Also very useful against decks that like to put their discarded cards back into their deck via cards like A New Start, The Watcher, etc...

Another part of the card, which I personally liked to use occasionally was to team it up with A New Start. You remove the useless cards of the battle from your discard pile and thus can shuffle through your deck swifter and get the heavy hitting cards you need to defeat your opponent.

In most cases this card is situational though, which makes it more or less a non desirable card for me to play. Sure it has its uses and can be very useful in certain situations, but that is exactly it. It relies too heavily on specifics to be heavily useful.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#6 30-07-2011 09:07:30

Lulosaurio
Habitant de Guem

Most powerfull card in the game, nobody complains about it because its cheap, but it can single-handedly win games in many situations at top level play.

#7 02-08-2011 22:34:48

Titto23
Gardien
Lieu : Tra i Palmipedoni

bleachman a écrit :

This is another very situational card. Against some decks it is a gift of the gods, in a lot of cases it is utterly useless and gets tossed from your hand once you get it.

I agree everything, and if there was a side deck, I sure put it in.

Glasher a écrit :

Anathema, Clumsiness, Freeze

(and those...)

#8 03-08-2011 04:51:04

Viliennas
Voyageur

Agree with the Chain.

If the card can Chain, I will put it in my main deck actually.

Too many deck nowadays recycle discard pile.

1. Dragon Knight

2. Circus

3. Priest Deck who just want to drag it out

4. Sap Heart with Item have Soul

Card in Effect (with out Deck specification)

1. Weapon at Will

2. Burn In Hell

3. Warrior's Fury

4. Watcher

Oh well~ hope it chain!

#9 03-08-2011 12:48:58

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

Viliennas a écrit :

Agree with the Chain.

If the card can Chain, I will put it in my main deck actually.

Too many deck nowadays recycle discard pile.

1. Dragon Knight

2. Circus

3. Priest Deck who just want to drag it out

4. Sap Heart with Item have Soul

Card in Effect (with out Deck specification)

1. Weapon at Will

2. Burn In Hell

3. Warrior's Fury

4. Watcher

Oh well~ hope it chain!

I agree. Its a pretty situational card so i don't put it in my deck. i just know that some decks will be harder to defeat. I would however find a place if it chained into another card.

Don't go into the jungle dressed like a banana if you don't like monkeys!

#10 03-08-2011 12:57:43

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

A great card for certain situations but as stated its too situational so i give it a  3

Dernière modification par jackal19 (03-08-2011 12:59:29)

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#11 02-09-2011 02:26:42

Dracatis
Habitant de Guem

It's a counter-card.  Like most everyone stated it's great against certianing tactics and does nothing against others.  The real issue is that with a 20 card deck you have no clue, short of Hom'chi or Dragon Knights if their deck is useful to use this against by the time it is useful.  If there were some spy cards that let you look into your opponents deck/hand that might help.  But for now it's not enough for me to put into what little room we have in a deck.

#12 02-09-2011 03:42:47

Lyquid
Habitant de Guem

Agree it's one of the most powerful cards in the game that is taken for granted. Game changer.

Pied de page des forums