Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 22-07-2011 00:50:54

Glasher
Guémélite

Official ELO Strategy Discussion

Here you can discuss the current ELO Strategies and Decks used. The key word being 'strategy'. While decklists are involved in the strategical process they are not to be posted.

Example of what not to do: 
Hey guys whats the best deck in ELO? Can you post it so I can try it out? I have tons of money so cost is not an issue.

Pretty much discuss anything elo EXCEPT how to build a deck. You may however post your deck as a deck in the forums and link it here for fixes from more ELO knowlegable people.

Example:
Heres my deck,[insert link] what do you think I could move around to make room for said cards to help counter said deck?

Let the great debates begin!

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#2 23-07-2011 14:07:20

pitpallac
Voyageur

Re : Official ELO Strategy Discussion

great  topic glasher ok il start with a question wats the best elo deck that uses zil wariors? im thinking from 1500 elo point to 1700 or 1800

#3 23-07-2011 20:35:06

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

Anyone else tired of facing Prestige, void, 2 ANS recycle priests?

Legendaries should have a limit per deck T_T

Dernière modification par GGuti (23-07-2011 20:36:08)

#4 24-07-2011 04:28:02

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

GGuti a écrit :

or ans should be unique but i support that idea one legend per deck only or maybe ban all legends all together i might say

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#5 24-07-2011 19:26:31

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

jackal19 a écrit :
GGuti a écrit :

or ans should be unique but i support that idea one legend per deck only or maybe ban all legends all together i might say

Yes, all legends should be unique, since they are already LEGENDARIES xD
Reaching Ateb seems impossible nowadays sad

#6 24-07-2011 20:43:37

Glasher
Guémélite

Adapt and overcome!

In Eredan there is one FACT that no player can ignore but the majority do. If you want to play competitively, AND EXCEL, you have to invest time and money. You also are limited to a handful of decks that incidentally enough cost a lot of money. While you can get a good distance into ELO with half priced decks you more than likely will not make top 10. Why complain, its a simple truth in Eredan, in Yugioh, hell even in FPS, Fighting games, learning piano, playing chess, I can go on n on. You don't get good being lazy, or having things handed to you!
I'm still a scrub in Eredan, not because I am poor or rich but because I still have a lot to learn especially in the technical department. Eredan is not as cut and dry a game as you would like to believe, and its rather sad to few bother with technical strategies that demolish trashy expensive decks.

There are things you can do to improve your odds though:

-Break the mold of your deck so that it provides a couple of extra strategies needed to defeat certain decks. Running trackers then complaining your opponents def is to high isn't going to get you anywhere. FIX IT! Go into your decklist and look at what you can slim down from 3 to 2, or get rid of entirely and start using cards that make up for your decks weaknesses while still providing boosts to its strengths.

-STOP NETDECKING!!! This isn't pointed to any1 directly. However, if you simply copy a deck you saw on the forums, or a deck that demolished you, or a deck sum1 made for you, you are not likely to have as much success. WHY? Because, YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO TEST, TO TWEAK, and to UNDERSTAND what your deck can do in general, when you should do certain plays, combos, etc.

The more you play the more you learn about your deck, your opponents, yourself, and your weaknesses. As you progress you change your deck, or to an entirely new deck and continue to grow. If 1 card is beating you so badly you should look into alternative strategies.

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#7 24-07-2011 21:11:58

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

Glasher a écrit :

Adapt and overcome!

In Eredan there is one FACT that no player can ignore but the majority do. If you want to play competitively, AND EXCEL, you have to invest time and money. You also are limited to a handful of decks that incidentally enough cost a lot of money. While you can get a good distance into ELO with half priced decks you more than likely will not make top 10. Why complain, its a simple truth in Eredan, in Yugioh, hell even in FPS, Fighting games, learning piano, playing chess, I can go on n on. You don't get good being lazy, or having things handed to you!
I'm still a scrub in Eredan, not because I am poor or rich but because I still have a lot to learn especially in the technical department. Eredan is not as cut and dry a game as you would like to believe, and its rather sad to few bother with technical strategies that demolish trashy expensive decks.

-Break the mold of your deck so that it provides a couple of extra strategies needed to defeat certain decks. Running trackers then complaining your opponents def is to high isn't going to get you anywhere. FIX IT! Go into your decklist and look at what you can slim down from 3 to 2, or get rid of entirely and start using cards that make up for your decks weaknesses while still providing boosts to its strengths.

-STOP NETDECKING!!! This isn't pointed to any1 directly. However, if you simply copy a deck you saw on the forums, or a deck that demolished you, or a deck sum1 made for you, you are not likely to have as much success. WHY? Because, YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO TEST, TO TWEAK, and to UNDERSTAND what your deck can do in general, when you should do certain plays, combos, etc.

The more you play the more you learn about your deck, your opponents, yourself, and your weaknesses. As you progress you change your deck, or to an entirely new deck and continue to grow. If 1 card is beating you so badly you should look into alternative strategies.

I know this is not pointed at me, but just I want to give my opinion.
Besides the fact that you are right in almost everything you just said, it's a bit relative.
For example, I invested a LOT of money, and I got billions of crappy cards. My only legends in, lets say, 100 boosters, was ANS (which is REALLY sad)
Lots of players bought their legends when they were really cheap, and of course it's unfair to all new players, getting 2m crystals to buy all legends is nearly impossible unless you get really lucky on boosters.
I make it to the top 30 in Amnezy every week, and in permanent ELO I stayed in the 7th place a lot of time.
Of course I don't have the time nor the deck to make it top the top. But I think it's a little unfair that rich people gets all the credit.
Like I said, a deck with prestige, void, 1/2 ans (watcher?), void has already a huge advantage over every deck, and if you adjust your deck to beat those kind of decks, you are likely to lose against every deck that is not a recycle deck.

I'm not whining about "hey I want a deck to beat everything". I think my decks are fairly balanced, otherwise I wouldn't reach the points I'm reaching. I'm always switching between decks/guilds/chars/strategies to check what deck does better in ELO every week, but the result is always the same, when I reach 1800+ I always end giving up because I start to see decks that are unbeatable unless you have the same legendaries to counter them, which is REALLY boring.

All of this, plus the fact that with every release, the game gets more unbalanced (example; circus + panic + prestige release screwed up the metagame), plus the billion of bugs that have over a month old...  bah, maybe it's just me?

Dernière modification par GGuti (24-07-2011 21:16:04)

#8 24-07-2011 21:27:00

Glasher
Guémélite

That's the nature of any game you start playing after it has started. Companies give loyal consumers benefits. It can be seen in any game where you either pay monthly, or pay for extras. Abuse on the market it not a direct effect of Feerik's generosity but instead the greed of players who inevitably create the markets.

Adding a few counters to said cards should not weaken your deck much, if at all. most of the cards used to counter such a deck have uses against a multitude of other decks. I didnt say change your Kotoba warriors to include a mage that ruins the synergy so you can use freeze. the core of a deck is typically 1-13 maybe 1-14 cards. The rest is usually used boosting its strength even more, making up for weaknesses, fitting "tech" cards, or introducing alternative strategies that would be unexpected.

Lastly,there are no unbeatable decks. There are decks certain decks typically will not beat, but generally speaking there is no unbeatable deck.

Winning isn't always a 1 in the W column...

#9 25-07-2011 04:09:08

Anihilate
Solarian

Depends on what you're running though.
Anathematize is a good card, but not a must depending on the speed of your deck.
I'm running this
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?p … 85#p361185 And broke 1700 elo in it's incomplete state.

The faster and harder your deck hits, the less you'll actually need anathematize.
Prestige however, is quite the murderer.

On topic of this thread:
Clumsiness is a card that has to be main decked for higher competitive play

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#10 06-08-2011 00:38:50

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

Anyone mind giving me advice about a stable deck to reach 2000 Elo? I want Ateb.

I have pretty much every core card and almost every character in the game.
My legend actions are ANS, Prestige.
Legend chars: Yilith, Ishaia
I also just hit lvl 20 so I have Stoneater now smile

The thing is I always reach 1800-1900 and then start tweaking my decks (screw up just because I lose 1 game) and start loosing points, and since I don't have much time, the week ends for me at that point.

So if anyone knows a reliable deck to struggle my way up, I'm open to every playstyle available.

This week I've been switching between mercy Eclipse nomads, Mill deck (got my prestige today), Nehants pure mages syphon, and recycle priests, the latter two I found to be the worst this week

Thanks

Dernière modification par GGuti (06-08-2011 01:27:45)

#11 15-08-2011 08:01:25

Col.Beowulf
Guémélite

GGuti a écrit :

Anyone mind giving me advice about a stable deck to reach 2000 Elo? I want Ateb.

I have pretty much every core card and almost every character in the game.
My legend actions are ANS, Prestige.
Legend chars: Yilith, Ishaia
I also just hit lvl 20 so I have Stoneater now smile

The thing is I always reach 1800-1900 and then start tweaking my decks (screw up just because I lose 1 game) and start loosing points, and since I don't have much time, the week ends for me at that point.

So if anyone knows a reliable deck to struggle my way up, I'm open to every playstyle available.

This week I've been switching between mercy Eclipse nomads, Mill deck (got my prestige today), Nehants pure mages syphon, and recycle priests, the latter two I found to be the worst this week

Thanks

I've heard a lot about reaching 2k ELO taking a lot of money. But players like me who can not simply afford to invest any money at all in this game, well that really feels like a slap to the face. So I am with this guy. Any tips, suggestions to obtain 2k ELO just once. Just to get the trophies and be done with it? I dont have any of the fancy shiny cards he mentioned but I'm just curious as what you might have to say. And for the love of all that is holy, not one person better mention that all it takes is money, I've heard and reheard that excuse so often that I would like something original for once.

#12 16-08-2011 00:33:13

Anihilate
Solarian

I find it funny that mental siphon was the only card banned from my Discard deck, yet everyone said the deck was ruined...

#13 23-08-2011 15:49:44

Roarky
Habitant de Guem

Since last week Immortal is very very difficult to dealt with in ELO...

#14 24-08-2011 00:24:53

Anihilate
Solarian

Roarky a écrit :

Since last week Immortal is very very difficult to dealt with in ELO...

They're hard to deal with since their release. They heal too much for having such high HP and being combat type characters. Since the three of them have innate abilities that heal quite a bit, they're hard to block. Just hit them hard and fast, and if you're running circus, aim for longevity.

Oh! The number 1 spot is running the Merc Mill that Stoon and Ulf used to use, fantastic....

#15 19-09-2011 12:16:11

artemis_fowl
Campeur

im just wondering why i can't join this week's ELO?
im running a Multi Race Saps without Keizan(warrior), and none of the banned cards are in my deck? Living Nature isn't banned right? so what is the problem?i've already rechecked my deck a couple of times and i still can't register in this week's ELO, anybody experiencing this currently?

okay, i've removed Living Nature and i can now register. They didn't include Living Nature in the banned list yet it is banned. sad

Dernière modification par artemis_fowl (19-09-2011 12:31:43)

#16 19-09-2011 21:06:19

DeadDancer
Voyageur

They've banned some very competitive cards this week. Should make for an interesting tourney!

#17 19-09-2011 22:01:30

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

DeadDancer a écrit :

They've banned some very competitive cards this week. Should make for an interesting tourney!

Yep, very interesting.  Ten bucks says Discard dominates.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#18 27-09-2011 02:02:57

Norad IV
Banni(e)

MrLordi92 a écrit :
DeadDancer a écrit :

Uhhh discards dominate EVERY elo, I wish they would just ban treacherous, mental siphon, panic, and theft like that one whole week when they first started banned cards. It would completely cripple every single top ELO player who ever won and they'd be forced to think of new original ideas instead of carbon-copying the deck that wins every ELO.

Oh well I'm about sick of this stupid game. Level 20 and still can't get to 1800 ELO. The reason being because I refuse to copy anyone's deck, I always come up with my own ideas but apparently it is not good enough against the players who just copy decks.

Worthless game.

#19 27-09-2011 03:05:45

killrex2
Campeur
Lieu : Pennsylvania

Norad IV a écrit :

Uhhh discards dominate EVERY elo, I wish they would just ban treacherous, mental siphon, panic, and theft like that one whole week when they first started banned cards. It would completely cripple every single top ELO player who ever won and they'd be forced to think of new original ideas instead of carbon-copying the deck that wins every ELO.

Oh well I'm about sick of this stupid game. Level 20 and still can't get to 1800 ELO. The reason being because I refuse to copy anyone's deck, I always come up with my own ideas but apparently it is not good enough against the players who just copy decks.

Worthless game.

Well thats a little harsh. Im level 17 and i too make my own decks from scratch without the forums whatsoever. Sure its a lot harder to rank up in elo but the game is still fun to play. Don't run around calling it worthless.

wink

#20 27-09-2011 03:50:17

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Norad IV a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :
DeadDancer a écrit :

Worthless game.

Ummm, you're blatantly wrong.

If they banned Discard, then everyone would play some other top tier deck instead of making Discard.  That's how being competitive goes.  People play the top decks because THEY WIN.  How many people you think win with their own, original deck?  No one, because the top decks are good.  If you want to make your own home-brew deck to have fun with, don't play in ELO.  Play in the level rooms and quit whining that people are better than you.  The ELO tournaments aren't your local FNM (In Magic terms, that's a Friday Night Magic tournament, a rather casual tournament scene.) where you can just bring your cute deck to to have fun with friends.  It's a tournament where people play top decks to win crystals and those art cards.  Stop whining about people wanting to win and playing the top decks.  You're being a Hater.  You're the guy driving around in a beat up '87 Corola swearing to yourself about the brand new Escalade with spinners and TV's that just pulled up next to you at a stop light, like he's the one who made a messed up choice in life.

And if you're a level 20, you should be around long enough to know that level doesn't mean a damn thing.  It's pretty much like age in real life.  The dude who's 21 may be way better off than the 53-year-old man.

If you're going to sit here and whine that your home-brew didn't 'get there,' join the club, I think they have jackets now.  If you refuse to net-deck, then have fun not winning.  Nobody wins with their nifty deck.  They win with the most powerful deck out there.

I'm sorry I have to be so rude and harsh, but you have to figure out eventually how card games work.  If you want to be a good player without net-decking, then work harder.  No one got where they wanted by whining, unless they're a girl or a loud enough child.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#21 01-10-2011 02:12:21

Norad IV
Banni(e)

GGuti a écrit :
Glasher a écrit :

Adapt and overcome!

I know this is not pointed at me, but just I want to give my opinion.
Besides the fact that you are right in almost everything you just said, it's a bit relative.
For example, I invested a LOT of money, and I got billions of crappy cards. My only legends in, lets say, 100 boosters, was ANS (which is REALLY sad)
Lots of players bought their legends when they were really cheap, and of course it's unfair to all new players, getting 2m crystals to buy all legends is nearly impossible unless you get really lucky on boosters.
I make it to the top 30 in Amnezy every week, and in permanent ELO I stayed in the 7th place a lot of time.
Of course I don't have the time nor the deck to make it top the top. But I think it's a little unfair that rich people gets all the credit.
Like I said, a deck with prestige, void, 1/2 ans (watcher?), void has already a huge advantage over every deck, and if you adjust your deck to beat those kind of decks, you are likely to lose against every deck that is not a recycle deck.

I'm not whining about "hey I want a deck to beat everything". I think my decks are fairly balanced, otherwise I wouldn't reach the points I'm reaching. I'm always switching between decks/guilds/chars/strategies to check what deck does better in ELO every week, but the result is always the same, when I reach 1800+ I always end giving up because I start to see decks that are unbeatable unless you have the same legendaries to counter them, which is REALLY boring.

All of this, plus the fact that with every release, the game gets more unbalanced (example; circus + panic + prestige release screwed up the metagame), plus the billion of bugs that have over a month old...  bah, maybe it's just me?

You used "whining" 4 times in your little rant. Congrats. Who's whining now...?

#22 01-10-2011 04:11:26

CAPTUSA
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : New York City
Site Web

MrLordi92 a écrit :
Norad IV a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :

Worthless game.

Ummm, you're blatantly wrong.

If they banned Discard, then everyone would play some other top tier deck instead of making Discard.  That's how being competitive goes.  People play the top decks because THEY WIN.  How many people you think win with their own, original deck?  No one, because the top decks are good.  If you want to make your own home-brew deck to have fun with, don't play in ELO.  Play in the level rooms and quit whining that people are better than you.  The ELO tournaments aren't your local FNM (In Magic terms, that's a Friday Night Magic tournament, a rather casual tournament scene.) where you can just bring your cute deck to to have fun with friends.  It's a tournament where people play top decks to win crystals and those art cards.  Stop whining about people wanting to win and playing the top decks.  You're being a Hater.  You're the guy driving around in a beat up '87 Corola swearing to yourself about the brand new Escalade with spinners and TV's that just pulled up next to you at a stop light, like he's the one who made a messed up choice in life.

And if you're a level 20, you should be around long enough to know that level doesn't mean a damn thing.  It's pretty much like age in real life.  The dude who's 21 may be way better off than the 53-year-old man.

If you're going to sit here and whine that your home-brew didn't 'get there,' join the club, I think they have jackets now.  If you refuse to net-deck, then have fun not winning.  Nobody wins with their nifty deck.  They win with the most powerful deck out there.

I'm sorry I have to be so rude and harsh, but you have to figure out eventually how card games work.  If you want to be a good player without net-decking, then work harder.  No one got where they wanted by whining, unless they're a girl or a loud enough child.

I Agree 1000000000000000000000000000000%  Tier 1 Decks Win, Weather Original Or Not...End Of Story!

Yesterday Was History,
Tomorrow Is A Mystery,
Today Is A Gift,
That's Why It's Called The Present!

#23 06-10-2011 18:47:43

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

OK, ELO bannings this week look pretty interesting.

The game's having loading issues on my browser though, so I haven't seen if Crystal Storm is going to be intact. I'm mostly worried about Dragon's Wit.

Lady Jane can kick your ass.

#24 16-10-2011 05:58:00

fingreen
Voyageur

I've played a lot of decks.

There are things I want to address.

1. Speed of the game.

It is really slow for a such fast game. Yes! this is a huge factor.
I don't have time to grind 300 games a week not because I don't have time, but the speed of the game makes me really difficult to focus on the game.

2. Deck types and adjustments

Since The pack that has no legendary card can make 2nd place in ELO and Pirates can go 1900 every week. I do believe it's not the problem with cost of the deck. It's how you understand your deck for the most part. Figure out what to do in each meta-game and test to see what choice are the better choices. The rest falls on "Focus ! Play ! " Anything that can make 1800 should be able to go top 10. The rest falls on little adjustments that you needs to make when facing the top 10 meta-game. Whether it's circus, pirates, priests, eternal, immortal. Does not matter much, just fight it out~ Decks that can not deal with anything usually loses.... with all these trophy cards available. Adjustments are just easy....

3. This week with the huge banning list, mages are out of sight (there weren't that many anyway). Circus is still everywhere but other discards has vanished. A few pirates (which i love) A few sap heart. The pack is still playable. some crows running around not making it there and immortal got a lot harder to kill. (without a few key damage cards those little roaches are scary)

Ok~ I've got the question in my mind forever.... port is banned since i don't know when... I don't know why it got banned for life.

Net decking doesn't win you the game! Maybe when you first come and testing the flavor of decks. But believe me, without testing it yourself and play it hundreds of games.
You will not win! Trust your deck and do some minor adjustment. You will make it!

#25 22-10-2011 13:01:31

artemis_fowl
Campeur

fingreen a écrit :

I've played a lot of decks.

There are things I want to address.

1. Speed of the game.

It is really slow for a such fast game. Yes! this is a huge factor.
I don't have time to grind 300 games a week not because I don't have time, but the speed of the game makes me really difficult to focus on the game.

2. Deck types and adjustments

Since The pack that has no legendary card can make 2nd place in ELO and Pirates can go 1900 every week. I do believe it's not the problem with cost of the deck. It's how you understand your deck for the most part. Figure out what to do in each meta-game and test to see what choice are the better choices. The rest falls on "Focus ! Play ! " Anything that can make 1800 should be able to go top 10. The rest falls on little adjustments that you needs to make when facing the top 10 meta-game. Whether it's circus, pirates, priests, eternal, immortal. Does not matter much, just fight it out~ Decks that can not deal with anything usually loses.... with all these trophy cards available. Adjustments are just easy....

3. This week with the huge banning list, mages are out of sight (there weren't that many anyway). Circus is still everywhere but other discards has vanished. A few pirates (which i love) A few sap heart. The pack is still playable. some crows running around not making it there and immortal got a lot harder to kill. (without a few key damage cards those little roaches are scary)

Ok~ I've got the question in my mind forever.... port is banned since i don't know when... I don't know why it got banned for life.

Net decking doesn't win you the game! Maybe when you first come and testing the flavor of decks. But believe me, without testing it yourself and play it hundreds of games.
You will not win! Trust your deck and do some minor adjustment. You will make it!

can you please expand what pirate deck can reach 1900 elo every week?powder?marauder?sniper? cause as far as i recon, those decks will have a hard time just reaching 1700 even with legendary cards.

why in the world is freeze and even to lay bare even included in the ban?are they just lazy to even filter what cards are really needed to be banned and just say "all cards from act 1"? is that your "idea" of making the game balanced?

Pied de page des forums