Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 16-07-2011 23:58:05

GKZhukov
Voyageur

What procs Powder Keg? (10 Questions on Pirate Mechanics)

Hey,

I was looking at ways to make us of Clover + Powder Keg and have run into a few scenarios where I'm not sure if the keg triggers or not (don't have the cards to test yet).

I'm guessing it triggers on basic combat damage and the fire damage seems generally straightforward, but what about the following scenarios?

1) Narwhal + OOC - I'd assume yes, but given Narwhal's inaccurate description one has to wonder...

2) Weapon Throw (say a dagger) whilst equipped with a powder weapon. I'd assume yes since the damage still comes from the character equipped with powder weapon.

3) Weapon Throw when you throw the powder weapon. Perhaps chaining an Infernal Cricket, say. At the point of impact you are no longer equipped with the powder weapon so I'd guess no?

4) Infernal Cricket - direct damage still counts as coming from your character so it still procs, right?

5) Spell damage. According to the description lightning bolts should proc it if I'm holding a powder weapon at the time since it doesn't say the damage has to come from the weapon, just the character holding it, yes?

6) Adranis' extra attack (if she's holding a powder weapon). Again don't see why not...

7) Would Adranis double proc if she fire-balled whilst holding a powder weapon? (once for fire, once for powder). And then of course potentially another two from her actual attack and possible bonus attack, making for a possible 4 procs (5 with cricket too).

8) Global direct damage e.g. storm - does this count as from the character or separate?

9) Weapon Kata. From what I've observed when Jian Qiao does spread damage, the game engine seems to apply it to the active character first and then split it (unless that's a visual just for the benefit of the players), which leads me to believe weapon kata might not proc on OOC characters as the engine won't recognise that the damage comes from the powder-weapon wielding character. However since that actually is where the damage is coming from I'd think it ought to proc...

10) On a non-Powder Keg but similar note, if you use Adventurer to move narwhal or cricket to a new out of combat character, will they proc a 2nd time?

Thanks in advance for any answers. Hopefully this can help me decide which cards to get as I build my deck smile

#2 18-07-2011 00:24:01

GKZhukov
Voyageur

Re : What procs Powder Keg? (10 Questions on Pirate Mechanics)

And one more (sorry)

If Clover uses Scuttling do the Kegs still count as "played by Clover" and thus won't discard when they explode?

#3 18-07-2011 19:41:30

lapluie
Ptit nouveau

i'm testing this deck atm and i think i can answer some of your questions.

1) Narwhal + OOC - I'd assume yes, but given Narwhal's inaccurate description one has to wonder...

YES! indeed, Powder Keg triggers.

2) Weapon Throw (say a dagger) whilst equipped with a powder weapon. I'd assume yes since the damage still comes from the character equipped with powder weapon.

havent testet this situation yet, but i would say yes too. (btw, weapon throw is kotoba only)

3) Weapon Throw when you throw the powder weapon. Perhaps chaining an Infernal Cricket, say. At the point of impact you are no longer equipped with the powder weapon so I'd guess no?

havent testet this situation yet, but i would say no too.

4) Infernal Cricket - direct damage still counts as coming from your character so it still procs, right?

YES! indeed, Powder Keg triggers.

5) Spell damage. According to the description lightning bolts should proc it if I'm holding a powder weapon at the time since it doesn't say the damage has to come from the weapon, just the character holding it, yes?

havent testet this situation yet, but it should work.

6) Adranis' extra attack (if she's holding a powder weapon). Again don't see why not...

7) Would Adranis double proc if she fire-balled whilst holding a powder weapon? (once for fire, once for powder). And then of course potentially another two from her actual attack and possible bonus attack, making for a possible 4 procs (5 with cricket too).

8) Global direct damage e.g. storm - does this count as from the character or separate?

SOMETIMES - i think powder keg is still buggy.. i tried it with [card]Storm[/card] and [card]Rain of Arrows[/card]. with RoA, the enemy chars sometimes received just 1 damage, sometimes 4. And no, there werent any damage reducers around ^^
with Storm it worked fine. all chars equipped with a powder keg received 3 extra damage.

9) Weapon Kata. From what I've observed when Jian Qiao does spread damage, the game engine seems to apply it to the active character first and then split it (unless that's a visual just for the benefit of the players), which leads me to believe weapon kata might not proc on OOC characters as the engine won't recognise that the damage comes from the powder-weapon wielding character. However since that actually is where the damage is coming from I'd think it ought to proc...

NO! no proc here for the ooc-characters. tested it with both narval and infernal cricket.

If Clover uses Scuttling do the Kegs still count as "played by Clover" and thus won't discard when they explode?

YES! these kegs are still counted as "played by clover"

#4 18-07-2011 21:24:00

GKZhukov
Voyageur

Cheers, that's really helpful!

I totally forgot weapon throw was Kotoba lol -  probably isn't quite worth contriving a bomzar/powder-weapon/dragon's wit/weapon throw or similar just to satisfy curiosity smile

Time to spend some crystals and make a deck I think smile

Pied de page des forums