Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 07-07-2011 16:38:34

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Feedback and opinions on the Magus Event.

since we need not to troll the new event as dantesan said before he closed it lets put all our frustrations here but pls no cursing and insults(well some insults but not too hurtful) also lets all be civilized about it X)

Dernière modification par jackal19 (07-07-2011 17:05:44)

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#2 07-07-2011 16:41:47

Riot Earp
Habitant de Guem

Re : Feedback and opinions on the Magus Event.

Define "bad words". I bought a Basic Booster to get a Malewhatever and there wasnt one in it...now someone said there was only a 1/3 chance for basic boosters. Since this wasnt stated ANYWHERE i consider this a rip off....basically Feerik cheated me out of Feez for 4 crappy cards i wouldnt have bought otherwise. Well done guys...

#3 07-07-2011 16:42:09

pelago
Habitant de Guem

I've bought 11 basic boosters and only got 2 spells: ridiculous.

Dernière modification par pelago (07-07-2011 16:42:54)

#4 07-07-2011 16:43:20

jackal19
Gardien

Riot Earp a écrit :

Define "bad words". I bought a Basic Booster to get a Malewhatever and there wasnt one in it...now someone said there was only a 1/3 chance for basic boosters. Since this wasnt stated ANYWHERE i consider this a rip off....basically Feerik cheated me out of Feez for 4 crappy cards i wouldnt have bought otherwise. Well done guys...

Changed it to cursing yeah the 4 packs are my only hope to but they have to dash it away which is what annoys me.

Dernière modification par jackal19 (07-07-2011 16:57:16)

-Frederica Bernkastel

#5 07-07-2011 16:59:27

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

I'm a little dissapointed that they brought this tournament back.

This was the big blowup last year, and created a lot of angst amongst players. Most of those I see posting now, weren't here then, so it's new turnover.

Here's the thing as I see it, Feerek is a company. And the cash flow dictates much more than the anger. You don't like the concept of the event? Don't spend any money. If it isn't popular, they won't do it again. If people complain, and yet still spend wads of cash on the event, despite grumbling, it's a success.

I spend money on the game when I think feerek is doing a good job. When they don't, I don't spend a cent. Most people will do and should do the same. This isn't what I'd call good, so I wont buy into it.

The event gameplan, I thought had changed to at least a two tiered system. Those that paid got better stuff, those that didn't still had a reason to participate. This "pay or sit outside" marketing scheme is detrimental to this style of gaming, especially as a facebook game. You can already see it happening. People will leave again. Honestly, its a bad choice. But it's the company's choice, and they'll either suffer, or they won't.

*puts back on Mod cap*

I missed the last flaming/trolling/hate-on while I was doing some work and eating lunch, but I'm still keeping an eye alongside Dante.

Here's the rules:

Don't swear, threaten, or rant baselessly.

Don't sit there and contribute with just "OMG I HATE FEEREK". You do not help.

Do contribute by saying why you dislike the event. Keep it civil.

Do suggest how you;d do it differently.

Don't bitch about random. Random is random. You can;t fix that. If you want to bitch about it, comment on the fact they chose to use random, not the random itself.

Play nice.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#6 07-07-2011 17:06:30

pelago
Habitant de Guem

The thing I can't tolerate is that the 1:3 ratio in the basic boosters wasn't stated anywere and so I've spent 20 euros to get 11 cards but only got 3. This is fraud and I have the right to be angry.

#7 07-07-2011 17:14:54

Rathedan
Nehantiste

If that's true, from which I can see, it is, then you have a rightful claim.

Problem is, such small monetary amounts is hard to legally sue over, or the likes.

Still

Take screenshots of the informational pages that state there is a card in boosters, without any statement that the basic boosters are considered different. Email Fereek with the evidence, tell them your gripe and stake your claim for a refund.

-Lonak

#8 07-07-2011 17:21:53

Roarky
Habitant de Guem

Does the mission has to be done in order or we can do it randomly?

like this one: play at least 30 games with at least one opposing "transformed character"...

Didnt really get the meaning tho, I transform one opposing character and didnt get any point on this mission...

#9 07-07-2011 17:29:30

Haku-Men
Voyageur

Like many of the other players said, i disagree with the terms for this "pay for event only". Its like an exploit to players who do not wish to dish out some cash. You use feez just so they can get a chance of getting more feez??? It doesn't really seems like a winning situation.

of course will keep playing despite some bad marketing scheme. I have spent money on this game like most of the populace and just find, this could have been implemented in a diff way. In what way i don't know or i would have put an idea out there.

(excuse my language) seems a little ass backwards thinking. Another huge portion of this game is players who don't pay and that just makes it harder on them. It makes this game feel like people stroking their e-ego and there e-pens just to laugh at the player who tries hard, strives and works hard to just keep up with other players.

But i respect their wishes how to dictate the game and will not show any nasty angst or hate to a game i enjoy playing. thats my 2 cents

Dernière modification par Haku-Men (07-07-2011 21:39:45)

#10 07-07-2011 17:52:55

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

pelago a écrit :

The thing I can't tolerate is that the 1:3 ratio in the basic boosters wasn't stated anywere and so I've spent 20 euros to get 11 cards but only got 3. This is fraud and I have the right to be angry.

This is stated in the news screen when you connect to the game.
This is also stated in the booster explanation when you try to buy a booster.
Each time the colour is different to attract the eye.

Collectionneur de cartes

#11 07-07-2011 17:57:13

Rathedan
Nehantiste

It's stated now, since they updated a second time to put it on...

hmm

Thats no help to those that didn't see it previously.

-Lonak

#12 07-07-2011 18:09:49

Rathedan
Nehantiste

The manhunt was pretty nice I agree.

I have a feeling though, that there wasn't enough of an incentive to gap the buying from the non-buying for people who invest heavily.

If they repeated the man-hunt, or even the valentines or egg-hunt, as a template for new events, I'm sure that this wouldn;t be so explosive.

-Lonak

#13 07-07-2011 18:10:24

Poptolev
Guémélite

Zurga a écrit :
pelago a écrit :

This is stated in the news screen when you connect to the game.
This is also stated in the booster explanation when you try to buy a booster.
Each time the colour is different to attract the eye.

Actually the colour is the same (at least for me) in both cases ... Thou this doesn't change the fact that this time they decided to give some information. If you've read Terry Pratchet you will understand it easier - people cannot see what they cannot beleave ... Feerik tends to neglect the information part, so most of the players just "passed by" the information this time beleaving there was none presented ...

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#14 07-07-2011 18:16:58

pelago
Habitant de Guem

The advertisement states:"Malefliction is available in all boosters!"

#15 07-07-2011 18:22:30

xNNYx
Campeur

Well...

The lack of forewarning for these events is still an issue with me. People spent money yesterday on new releases only to be surprised yet again which just isn't right. I for one, along with others like to spend once, or possibly can only afford to get feez once a week. Not too hard to make these go with a release or give us at least a warning on new card release day if one is coming up on the weekend following. You still get your money for us purchasing, but we get more opportunity to play in these things, and get the needed cards.

As for the we can't do things for free crowd, well win some, lose some. You don't always get something for nothing, and out of all the f2p games I have ever encountered, especially in a tcg environment, they are more then generous towards you.

They run a business, not a charity. If you don't like their events as Rath said then don't support them in what you don't like, and support them when you do. If you don't support them at all, well you have no right to complain about something you have invested nothing but time into.

Oderint Dum Metuant

#16 07-07-2011 19:07:24

Dantesan
Solarian

Hello guys,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback (and future ones too).

It is regretful that I had to close the other topic but it was completely counter productive, insulting and trolling is never the way to go if you wish to be heard.

Look, I'm a player as well and I found myself being guilty of such things too. I have a bad temper of my own.
You are a very smart and great bunch and I can understand the frustration and concerns involved with this particular event.

Now I will take it upon myself to note every single concern of yours and make a list stating the issues with detailed descriptions to why these are issues in the first place.

Whether this concerns you directly or not, know that your concerns are noted.

Please continue to describe your concerns in a civilized manner and thank you very much for your understanding.

Regards

Dantesan

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#17 07-07-2011 19:46:31

xNNYx
Campeur

Freedom of speech is fine and dandy. I am all for it as well, but upon entering the forums had you actually read the rules and regulations, that behavior they locked said topics for is against what you agreed upon when deciding to post here.

They are not stopping people from saying how they feel, they are asking them to be civil about it, which is a huge difference.

Dernière modification par xNNYx (07-07-2011 19:46:51)

Oderint Dum Metuant

#18 07-07-2011 20:17:16

Rathedan
Nehantiste

Exactly. Not everyone wants to read butthurt swearing and such.

You want to express yourself that way fine. Do it in an email to the company though. Forums = civility or a reasonable facsimile of it.

-Lonak

#19 07-07-2011 21:02:39

Keybo1
Ptit nouveau

I think my biggest issue with this event is that eredan advertises itself as a free game. And 90% of it is. I played through the easter quest (love the hydra btw) I grinded out to get as many eggs as possible. I did the man hunt I got dhan and 8 commons I was content with that. Why? Because it was free, as the game advertised.

I don't care if people drop a ton of money on the game and get better cards. I don't care if i get romped in the amnezy tournament every week because a Kotoba deck plays 20 straight rares I can't afford. But when you create a new and interesting part of the game. Something completely different from; play your deck get beat by better deck. something that really looks fun, and made it so only certain people can play it and not every player, well thats not free. Now no one will argue that (but they will because its the internet)

I like this game. I've actually spent money on theis game. which is something I NEVER DO in a browser game. hell, after this week when this event is long forgotten and the flaming and whining ends, i will still continue to play. But as a player i feel left out.

And considering the prices this games boosters are in comparison to a real game with tangible cards this is a slap in the face. (I know this game is french so conversion to the euro is high but damn its nearly ten bucks for one 12 card booster.) and releasing this the day after new card day without any warning is, well its kinda a dick move.

In short just please show a little more consideration for your casual players. The people who want to take part in this game and have fun. I know you want to make money and by god feel free to go out and do it. but don't ostracize some of your players from events.

also im pretty sure the reason this forum doesnt get much traffic is because its in french and a pain to navigate ( i am willing to accept that there is an english one somewhere and i completely missed it but this is completely off topic)

#20 08-07-2011 00:46:43

steven_macgillivray
Voyageur

Here's my twopence worth.  I think that this event is badly planned for several reasons: firstly it separates those of us who don't pay and those of us who do, secondly it was sprung upon us with very little notice and thirdly the amount of money a person would need to spend in order to have a reasonable (not even high) probability of completing the event is high. 

To develop the second point: when I saw the ad I wasn't sure if it was the weekly event or a special event. I also wondered what specific world happening it tied into.  After reading the ad it became obvious that it was celebrating the release of the final installment of harry potter.

On the third point: If you do not have the wands from before it becomes very expensive to get the wands.  The odds of getting male... are one in three.  You need 2 to get one of the wands (that's according to the odds 6 boosters - probably 4 potentially 8) - that is a lot of money for one event.

Just one other thing I wanted to mention "I think my biggest issue with this event is that eredan advertises itself as a free game." I am not sure if eredan specifically states that it is free (some games do - and then do the same as eredan) but the impression it gives is of a free game and I don't think it helps itself with events like this.  I personally am a skinflint and also enjoy the challenge of making a good deck and beating people with expensive decks with one I've created free but may one day spend a little money on this game as a lot of effort has obviously gone into it and I enjoy playing it.  Good luck to everyone entering the event.

#21 08-07-2011 02:25:00

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

this post is somehow related
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=24835

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#22 08-07-2011 09:37:49

Dantesan
Solarian

I have noted your feedback and it has been sent to the appropriate department.

Thank you very much in taking the time to express yourselves in a constructive manner.

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#23 08-07-2011 10:04:55

jackal19
Gardien

Yeah we need a sorta calendar of events or something that can remind us or warn us of  upcoming events

Dernière modification par jackal19 (08-07-2011 10:06:44)

-Frederica Bernkastel

#24 08-07-2011 11:02:06

xchong
Voyageur

jackal19 a écrit :

Yeah we need a sorta calendar of events or something that can remind us or warn us of  upcoming events

i think they will not agree with this idea it's a marketing strategy plain and simple

#25 08-07-2011 11:08:13

jackal19
Gardien

xchong a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :

i think they will not agree with this idea it's a marketing strategy plain and simple

well some online itcgs do that you played alteil by any chance they have a calendar

Dernière modification par jackal19 (08-07-2011 11:08:34)

-Frederica Bernkastel

Pied de page des forums