Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 27-04-2011 03:47:11

Xosu
Ptit nouveau

Some Advice Politely Requested

. . . Long time reader, First time poster . . .

I've now gotten to a point in the game where I can't easily see my next goal and I hope some one out there can shed some new light on the game.

I'm sitting at 18th level now but far away from 19th and further from 20th.

I've finished all of the Guild Trophies and most of the Weekly Trophies (123 so far) over the past year of playing. During this time I['ve either been lucky or wise buying and selling in the Marketplace and have all of the Power Destiny cards except for the Hungry Void. Before you burn me mentally in your mind keep in mind I've only purchased 4 boosters, 2 full decks and the most recent Birthday pack.

So a little like the Teacher from Ecclesiastes I feel like I've gained the whole world and yet will never enjoy it. The only deck that I have consistently enjoyed playing is  . . . Zil Discard. . . for this desire I have received inflamitory emails listing out my personal character flaws. On that note I'll list out my current Discard deck that is running at 46 wins / 3 losses.

Abyssian / Salem / Ishaia

3 x Panic
3 x Ice Barrier
2 x Manipulation
2 x Illumination
1 x New Beginning
1 x Watcher
1 x Scheme
1 x The Prestige
1 x I Hate Brawlers
2 x Cloning
2 x Whips
1 x The Ball

- - - If you have any questions on beating Discard please don't hesitate to ask, I know damn well what kills me damn near every time and it is not the commonly quoted 'Speed Damage'

I typed all that to ask this, What decks has any one been playing recently that you really enjoy playing?

#2 27-04-2011 04:04:08

Anihilate
Solarian

Re : Some Advice Politely Requested

Nehantists:Demons

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#3 27-04-2011 05:09:02

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

I would say try your hand at deckbuilding for yourself, Its oddly compelling trying to mix and match your own deck, testing and tweaking, and eventually seeing it succeed. Ive done that very same thing when the game gets stale, and its always worked for me. Just pick a guild (for me it was the pirates), hobble something together and see what happens, you never know, you might just find a new favorite deck type

#4 28-04-2011 04:43:34

reedwine
Voyageur

just like warhound said
thats the thing that u should find by urself

now i'm currently having fun with sap guild
its just fun to play with and not so many people use this deck
still find the best combo for quick draw big_smile

#5 28-04-2011 04:50:11

bleachman
Gardien

The OP isn't asking for deck builds and advice, but instead wants to just chat with everybody and ask which decks you like to play. >_>

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#6 28-04-2011 05:02:25

Burghi
Campeur

i'm playing the kotoba warrior trio (gaky, asajiro and iro) and the only way i beat discard it's equipping weapons to the characters, and ignoring ANY OTHER card, use only the speechs and wakis.

but ishaias broke me in half sad

#7 28-04-2011 07:16:23

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

Oh, I understood the OP, i was merely pointing out that in my experience, no one deck is the most fun to play. Instead of suggesting a decktype, I suggested what worked for me, which was to experiment with guilds I have not had the chance to play around with. Instead of saying "Trackers are the most fun to play" or "Noz mages are a blast", I was stating that no matter how fun a deck is to begin with, it eventually gets stale

#8 30-04-2011 03:02:13

Lulosaurio
Habitant de Guem

The deck that gave me the most fun was a Compendium Courtesan hybrid I was toying with a couple weeks ago. Sadly it has bad matchups against staples such as Nomads.

#9 01-05-2011 20:42:14

misterM
Ptit nouveau

I have been playing with Nomads Eclipse, so much fun since it has answer against almost any deck, except: Pure Control deck (almost no chance to win); though I can get close to 50% chance of win against Control-Discard deck (like the one you own) without having power destiny card in my pocket

so as your deck is very related to control (control-discard right?)

- - - If you have any questions on beating Discard please don't hesitate to ask, I know damn well what kills me damn near every time and it is not the commonly quoted 'Speed Damage'

I would like to ask any advice to optimized my play style.
Normally I just play all offensive card:
1. Solar anger: (perfect!);
2. Assasination: only when it kills
3. War's fury: when they throw in Trecherous I discard this
4. Solaris: to cut out Ish-super-def buff
5. Anathematize: very staple against ANS/HV/prestige; (since I don't have ANS)
6. Obesity: countering manipulation/tadaa/HV/ANS/

The problem I mostly encountered is:
1. When turn 1 Ish pick my Iolmarek and double buffed with ice-barrier; pretty much dead end for me
2. Obesity timing is purely guess and deduction, bad guess (against panic/barrier); lead to severe loss
3. Prestige followed by cloning/HV

----------------------------------------------------------
The match against this kind of deck is the most tiresome, it can goes up to 8 turns, and I can't see whether I will win this match or not. Need ot of thinking and judging.

Any way, I have few questions I would like to know:
1. Why don't you put mental siphon? I found it is the most irritating spell which makes the difference between ANS owner and non-owner of ANS very great.

I also found Marlok is very good option to substitute salem (I fear this set the most). It plays cloning perfectly and chain spell, manipulation user beside Ish, high magic resist, and his turn order makes the long-end game worser.

2. What deck do you fear most? The hardest match-up? Also, what is it that kill you other than the most quoted 'speed damage'?

3. If I were to change my deck to full NoZ blast (w/o three power destiny card), would it be better against this kind of deck?  Noz is more offensive than my current deck, and makes manip/barrier/tadaa useless. But suffered most when get trecherous-ed.

4. Or nehantic aggro (Fury and def debuff slap hard)? does it has better chance against control-deck?

Thank you, two thumbs for your deck!

Dernière modification par misterM (01-05-2011 20:49:57)

Pied de page des forums