Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 13-04-2011 04:19:59

steven_allen
Solarian

What's your favorite band/song?

Just interested to see some peoples musical interests.  Post up your fav bands/songs/videos.

I'll get it started.  I don't have a FAVORITE band, per say, but I do have my ear-bug bands.  Right now, I've got this stuck in my head. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ESVVk4bNk

I'm not too hot for their other stuff, but there are a few of em that are pretty sweet.

Disruptor!

#2 13-04-2011 04:47:01

bleachman
Gardien

Re : What's your favorite band/song?

Do remember that some content is not available in every country! Write down the Band/Song name! Chop chop!

One of my all time favorite bands is Brand New. They have too many great songs to even say any one of them is my all time favorite. ~<3

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#3 13-04-2011 21:19:49

para
Habitant de Guem

favorite band is switchfoot and will probably stay that way. shinedown next and then a long list of other bands i will listen to. fallout boy being among those should help show some variety in my music tastes.

#4 14-04-2011 07:20:17

bleachman
Gardien

para a écrit :

favorite band is switchfoot and will probably stay that way. shinedown next and then a long list of other bands i will listen to. fallout boy being among those should help show some variety in my music tastes.

Never heard of switchfoot. What kind of music do they play? Any bands you can compaire them too?

#5 14-04-2011 11:48:11

Hondaime
Habitant de Guem

i don't have a favorite band but the ones i like the most are iron maide , nirvana , foo fighters and my favorite song is lake of fire xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quZ5rE8u … re=related

#6 14-04-2011 11:49:28

Shadoww
Gardien

Dire Straits, For ever smile

Brother In Arms  /  Expresso Love  /  Romeo & Juliet  /  Sultans Of Swing

Danger : Fan d'Autoderision, de Second degré et autres Tricheliades !
Zil : Traîtres, Félons, Assassins, Puissants, Trompeurs, Sombres, Scélérats, Parjures, Menteurs, Fourbes, Hypocrites, Chaotiques, La Meilleure Guilde, quoi !

Et Glou !!

#7 14-04-2011 19:33:50

Bloodlust007
Campeur

Akon and anything hip-hop or R&B is my jam.

{UA} Underworld Assassins: From Blood Comes Dust
Clan Chatroom: http://xat.com/UnderworldAssassins
Join team JMT everyone is welcome http://xat.com/eredanunite

#8 15-04-2011 03:56:09

xNNYx
Campeur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtyOMtuacMI

This thread can not exist without this

Dernière modification par xNNYx (15-04-2011 03:59:27)

Oderint Dum Metuant

#9 15-04-2011 06:05:54

para
Habitant de Guem

bleachman a écrit :
para a écrit :

Never heard of switchfoot. What kind of music do they play? Any bands you can compaire them too?

cant believe youve never heard of them, but reliant k maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp6Qh-wT3ys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQgABsUfK8

thats two of my favorites by them, and the first is their most popular song. if it doesnt show ill try and find one from the other band. have you heard of the other band?

#10 15-04-2011 22:52:31

steven_allen
Solarian

They're both pretty well known Christian bands.

Disruptor!

#11 15-04-2011 23:24:33

para
Habitant de Guem

steven_allen a écrit :

They're both pretty well known Christian bands.

yeah i was wondering why he hadnt heard of them, but my tastes are not restricted to such

#12 15-04-2011 23:44:35

Hondaime
Habitant de Guem

recently i listened to this song and realy liked it i'm not the kinda of person who likes rap but i have a few exceptions like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

#13 16-04-2011 03:44:03

steven_allen
Solarian

I don't really like Christian rock, but I like a few Reliant K and Switchfoot songs.

Disruptor!

#14 16-04-2011 17:41:44

para
Habitant de Guem

@Hondaime i really like eminem and he is a great artist

@Steven i just like it because its good music, but i was mainly using reliant k as a comparison. My next few after switchfoot are shinedown, halestorm, chevelle.

#15 16-04-2011 17:46:32

steven_allen
Solarian

Chevelle is awesome.

Disruptor!

#16 26-04-2011 05:31:52

bleachman
Gardien

I have been listening to a lot of Godsmack as of late. yikes Such a great band. <3

#17 26-04-2011 16:00:07

Glasher
Guémélite

Breaking Benjamin has been the band of choice today

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#18 27-04-2011 06:14:19

para
Habitant de Guem

steven_allen a écrit :

Chevelle is awesome.

something to live by, another band i had forgotten about is called safetysuit. they have a great album, but theyve only produced one and are pretty under the radar. they are pretty mellow and actually have meaning behind their lyrics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylTsyqX … ature=fvwp

try them out and tell me what you think, try a couple songs before you decide.

#19 28-04-2011 06:21:13

Glasher
Guémélite

para a écrit :
steven_allen a écrit :

Chevelle is awesome.

actually have meaning behind their lyrics.

theres meaning in every single song. some do not appeal or to apply.

example, what does a hillbilly redneck in a mobile home know about taking groceries to the 30th floor in the thug nastiess projects, and vice versa.

I only say something because I find it disrespectful to artists to claim thier music has no meaning.

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#20 28-04-2011 07:09:44

bleachman
Gardien

Glasher a écrit :
para a écrit :
steven_allen a écrit :

Chevelle is awesome.

example, what does a hillbilly redneck in a mobile home know about taking groceries to the 30th floor in the thug nastiess projects, and vice versa.

I only say something because I find it disrespectful to artists to claim thier music has no meaning.

So meaning such as 'Doing hoes and having the biggest male gentialia' are actually MEANINGFUL lyrics? .___.

I think you misunderstood the steven, sir glasher. yikes

#21 29-04-2011 01:22:26

Glasher
Guémélite

bleachman a écrit :
Glasher a écrit :
para a écrit :

So meaning such as 'Doing hoes and having the biggest male gentialia' are actually MEANINGFUL lyrics? .___.

I think you misunderstood the steven, sir glasher. yikes

Yea in that cultural lifestyle it is a sign of power, or respect, as well as wealth. While flaunting isn't a great quality, nor do i agree is macking hoes is good, the songs meaning from the artist is look at me, typical in most bad rap/hiphop/clubsongs.

Rap n such isnt the only one. I could turn to country about drinking to much, n not the really bad beat my wife drunk, the casual drinking, moonshining, w/e. Still has a meaning. This is what I do this is who I am, your listening because you relate.

Techno, with no words, can still pass a message from the artist to its listener. Easily expressed in the darker ones and more upbeat club going ones.

We as individuals do not listen or even look for a meaning in songs that do not apply or appeal to us.

Sometimes people look to imply a meaning and then it turns gray... Like how numerous people assume all rock music is devilish in nature, or punk is all emo slash wrists.

#22 29-04-2011 04:27:09

bleachman
Gardien

Again you misunderstand. Steven is not referring to the generic meanings of most of the songs. He means actual meaningful songs with content and messages that differ greatly from the norm. Stuff you usually do not hear in many songs~

#23 29-04-2011 06:01:10

para
Habitant de Guem

bleachman a écrit :

Again you misunderstand. Steven is not referring to the generic meanings of most of the songs. He means actual meaningful songs with content and messages that differ greatly from the norm. Stuff you usually do not hear in many songs~

thanks, but i think it was me saying it. and thats exactly what i meant, sorry for my assumption that everyone could comprehend that tongue and thank you for clarifying it to everyone

#24 30-04-2011 05:41:16

Glasher
Guémélite

para a écrit :
bleachman a écrit :

thanks, but i think it was me saying it. and thats exactly what i meant, sorry for my assumption that everyone could comprehend that tongue and thank you for clarifying it to everyone

Meaning whether you choose to think its generic or not is still a meaning.

Baby got back has little to no meaning other than liking big butts and breaking(and making) a stereotype. The sheer fact it exists led to many artists even deciding to do music. Doesn't seem to me its meaning was very generic to those people.

My original point was that all artists, and each song contain a meaning. Personal, heartfelt, angry, sad, all generic. The artist put a part of themselves into their song(s). We as listeners take from each song what we want. I could listen to the same band he mentioned and do the typical oh its just sum insert race talking about insert stereotype and never see what para saw. Doesn't mean the songs from that band have no meaning...

Dernière modification par Glasher (30-04-2011 05:42:40)

#25 06-05-2011 07:17:58

bleachman
Gardien

Bought a Chevelle album this week. I kind of like it. big_smile

Also getting a CKY album soon. ^___^

Pied de page des forums