Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 10-04-2011 09:41:06

widya
Ptit nouveau

Stand alone software

Hi there, i'm just newbie here.. I have been playing this game for 6 months. the problem is still the same.. it's really hard to load the entire cards picture in a browser.. my question is : why don't you make stand alone software for this awesome TCG?  yikes

edit : a lot of bugs on elo room sad  timeline running it self when i wanna chose my last triumph card :'(
ah, maybe you can fix it with stand alone software yikes

Dernière modification par widya (10-04-2011 12:05:31)

#2 10-04-2011 12:34:58

jonni way
Ptit nouveau

Re : Stand alone software

hey i have same problem with u, cant choose my card in last turn yikes

#3 10-04-2011 12:36:02

ACHILES
Voyageur

i agree with the software idea. it will decrease server load also..

#4 10-04-2011 12:40:18

widya
Ptit nouveau

jonni way a écrit :

hey i have same problem with u, cant choose my card in last turn yikes

yikes bad luck sad

ACHILES a écrit :

i agree with the software idea. it will decrease server load also..

^ absolutely agree smile

#5 10-04-2011 14:12:09

asnil_Hafizd
Ptit nouveau

Like this . . .
stand alone software not only fix some problems, but also increase game speed.
And perhaps it will the game popularity than just known as "facebook games".

#6 10-04-2011 16:29:46

Cryzak
Ptit nouveau

The only problem I see on a standalone program is not the programming itslef to migrate it (since there are games that work pretty well as a standalon flash app) but, and here I'm thinking as a developer, the antihacks.

Let's be honest, with flash+web you can do a lot without complicating yourself on antihack solutions because the browser is acting as some kind of firewall (some better than others) and keep those flash apps and the operative system - or any other application - separated.
With an standalone app. you have to think about programs that will try to be the man-in-the-middle and capture not only the code but send messages as well.

One example:
With a standalone app. I can read the "signal" received by the program when buying Fee'z and forge an app to send it.
For that reason there are lots of games (Puzzle Pirates, PoxNora and other SOE games like FreeRealms, etc.) that deal with "money" by web and the game is purely to play.

So you are asking them to create that mix, and that is a hell of a programming on its own.

I rather have them improving the actual Flash than working on a standalone app; although if they are already doing it, well, that would be awesome!

#7 10-04-2011 17:38:41

LenardCzar
Habitant de Guem

playing eredan in a stand alone app is not good especially for players like me whose computer is deep frozen...

#8 11-04-2011 00:43:10

Proximus
Campeur

LenardCzar a écrit :

playing eredan in a stand alone app is not good especially for players like me whose computer is deep frozen...

Flash very likely needs more resources than a standalone client (unless someone decides to go for DX11-powered Rain of Deaths). So +1.

#9 11-04-2011 04:24:19

reedwine
Voyageur

i gree with this
may be feerik should develop a client version for this game
so that people with low internet connection (shuch as me tongue) can play the game with out connection problem

sometime it just suck, cant pick a card on your turn while on elo room T_T

#10 11-04-2011 04:26:05

bleachman
Gardien

This has been suggested often enough. And I do not see why it should be too difficult to implement a payment system online in browser form and pure play with a client. It may be messy but many other games are successful with this concept. Look at Dofus for example.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#11 11-04-2011 10:46:43

widya
Ptit nouveau

thanks for all replies smile
yes, what do we need is just a fast, stabil, easy load and antibugs of course.  i'm also agreed with what cryzak thinks as a developer (the antihack). but what do you think about the connection? yikes
it's just a suggestion, it all depends on feerik. hope for a good games app

btw, thanks for your reply matt tongue

#12 11-04-2011 10:53:59

bleachman
Gardien

The connection should be more stable as it can focus on more specific data transfer than it does at the moment. Currently we still get image data and all kinds of other information all at once. Having it installed onto your computer enables the game to pull directly from that source without actually using your internet connection.

#13 11-04-2011 10:59:53

widya
Ptit nouveau

bleachman a écrit :

The connection should be more stable as it can focus on more specific data transfer than it does at the moment. Currently we still get image data and all kinds of other information all at once. Having it installed onto your computer enables the game to pull directly from that source without actually using your internet connection.

yea, that's why i think about this. but i dunno about the apps.

#14 11-04-2011 19:49:03

Cryzak
Ptit nouveau

bleachman a écrit :

Completely agree.

Having all the images and database on our own computer the loading times will decrease a lot and the games will go faster (cause the game will only send the parameter of each card).
The real headache will be assemble all the libraries in a format that no one can steal or play with the data, and lets be honest, not even WoW or RO are safe here (believe me, I still have an mpq extractor and all the data needed for a RO private server).

I know I'm saying a lot of bad things but all companies try to gain some money while doing incredible games.

The worst thing of doing this kind of app, imho, is not only the link between account and web (that's "easy") but, as I said before, the fact that they need to fully change the technology. They cannot use almost anything of the written code!
Why is that? Because flash is so poor as a programming language that the unassembling tools are so potent that is crazy (I have some of them and I can extract any video, image, see any parameter...).

In order to do it properly and avoid antihacks and all those things they would need to move to Java or similar... and that is a killer. Being optimistic it will take 3-5 months having 5 people that were in the original team (so they already know all the bits and tricks of the app.).
And that supposing they all have the same level with Java as they do with Flash.

So, again, yes I believe it would be a good (an incredible good) option but I also know we're asking a lot.

#15 12-04-2011 07:46:23

bleachman
Gardien

We will just have to see how things turn out, though I would prefer a client over browser.

#16 12-04-2011 10:17:02

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

+1, plugin based games on FF sucks.

Dernière modification par GGuti (12-04-2011 10:17:27)

#17 06-06-2011 03:21:26

fingreen
Voyageur

it's all about speeding up the game... go go speeds up!!!

Pied de page des forums