Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 25-03-2011 22:27:08

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

State of the Game: So many witchblades

So this is a curiosity piece directed at the community at large; why is it that in 6 random matchups I find 5 fully leveled witchblade decks. What is the draw of them that I seem to be missing? Where did all the colorful variety go?

#2 25-03-2011 22:37:45

apoth
Habitant de Guem

Re : State of the Game: So many witchblades

Yes this is something I've mentioned as well (and was banned for it so be careful). Witch-blades are currently the most powerful deck. They use all spells and do good magic damage AND physical damage... EVERY turn. They can put out huge overall damage (20+ dmg per turn, I am not exagerrating). They can one shot any character in the game.

It's almost impossible to counter them as there are hardly any effective spell counters.

The biggest problem with them is their weapon, Blade of the Witch. It chains and does magic damage and is usually followed by a Rain of Death. And the more weapons they activate the more powerful they get.

You could try stacking defense and at least avoid their physical damage, but wait they have that spell called Ice Shield that they stack so now you are giving up physical damage for defense which is totally bypassed by this spell.

Personally I think the ability to chain witch-blade should be removed and make RoD a unique card. Perhaps also turning ice shield into physical damage or magic damage instead of direct damage that you can't avoid.

Trust me there are hundreds of players out there that share your concern and so far I've not seen any response other than "shut up all decks have advantages/disadvantages." Simply not true with witch-blades, they are mostly pure advantage over any deck.

#3 26-03-2011 01:06:08

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

Im not saying they are the be all end all of deck construction, I was just pointing out there are alot of them lately

#4 26-03-2011 04:24:10

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

well, they seem to be cheap, if you compare this deck againts the crow, a courtesan deck or some other competitive decks

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#5 26-03-2011 04:33:17

Glasher
Guémélite

-easy to build with their versatility in classes
-cheap to build for the most part
-they are noz which is already catered to and being mages...well see the first one
-competitive even when relatively cheaply built
-they are cheap because the key whitchblade cards are cheap
-you can still win without expensive cards

most importantly
-sheep tend to follow the herd and right now the sheep herder has a wb cane

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

Pied de page des forums