Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 03-02-2011 05:16:43

Majyqman
Habitant de Guem

Narwhal wording.

The wording on Narwhal reads that the damage for the "immediate attack" is equal to low attack instead of normal.

Not that the immediate attack replaces the attack you normally get each turn. Which it does.

Making it next to useless.

#2 03-02-2011 05:28:16

steven_allen
Solarian

Re : Narwhal wording.

Why does that make is useless?  You have the ability to attack any opponent you want every turn.  Of course there is going to be a trade off.

Disruptor!

#3 03-02-2011 06:13:47

Majyqman
Habitant de Guem

steven_allen a écrit :

Why does that make is useless?  You have the ability to attack any opponent you want every turn.  Of course there is going to be a trade off.

Firstly, it's still not working how the card is written, so not to distract from getting that fixed.

Secondly, the trade off is being a rare marauder only 2H weapon in a guild with no 8+ low attack marauders and no marauders with items chains, or chains of any sort (barring extortion into this).

IF you got your normal attack, the 1/2-6/7 damage sniping somewhere else would be decent, comparable to a time bomb that hits defense (more common than spirit) you don't have to waste a detonate on (fair I'd say for rare vs uncommon).

But to give up the high attack range (5 for LL!), turn bonuses, flag bonuses, enemy class bonuses, +1 for holding powder weapon bonuses (LOL!), to turn your turn into a 6-7 damage CAP (no matter that you get to direct it)...

Yeah, that wont be played competitively.

But once again, it doesn't currently work the way it's worded.

#4 03-02-2011 15:32:43

steven_allen
Solarian

Well it doesn't say printed low attack score, like Artaban.  So, if it works the way it says, it should deal your modified low attack score.  I know pretty much the only thing out there giving an attack bonus NOW is the flag, but the ability to target any character, no matter what your attack score is, is an ability that has to be checked somewhere.  Being able to deal 7-11 damage to any character on the board, with that character being unable to defend that turn, would be border line op.  Again, this is just NOW.  There are a lot of cards out there that have been released into a nearly useless supporting card pool.  You don't want to make that trade off?  Don't use the card.  I understand it isn't working the way it says it will.  I'm not debating that.  Sure it won't get played "competitively".  Neither will Yaril's Scythe.  It's a rare.  Its the only Merc specific weapon in the game.

Dernière modification par steven_allen (03-02-2011 15:44:39)

Disruptor!

#5 03-02-2011 15:52:38

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Pretty much exactly what Steven said.  Being able to just randomly pick off anyone not even in battle is enough.  Why should you be able to pick off someone who can't even defend themselves AND get an attack that same round?  That's like using "Dagger Master" and still getting an attack of your normal score.  It just wouldn't make sense to allow such a thing.

.: I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar :.

#6 04-02-2011 00:39:21

Majyqman
Habitant de Guem

Breezy414 a écrit :

Pretty much exactly what Steven said.  Being able to just randomly pick off anyone not even in battle is enough.  Why should you be able to pick off someone who can't even defend themselves AND get an attack that same round?  That's like using "Dagger Master" and still getting an attack of your normal score.  It just wouldn't make sense to allow such a thing.

Except with dagger master you're doing 10-15 with no defense. With the potential to kill all 3 characters. Yeah, they compare. (because, you know, dagger master also actually does something that completely ignores defense to the character you're fighting, so you don't exactly need your normal score... rather than leaving them completely unharmed)

Sure, it requires more setup, but nothing you weren't doing anyway.

And why should you be able to? Because there's already plenty that can do far, far, worse, (hell, saps bow with ANY cards you'd be using anyway will deal more damage to BOTH off turn characters than this would 95% of the time) and without the ability to do so, this card is pretty much utter junk.

And I had thought they'd been trying to avoid Yaril's level junk rares lately (and given it would have potential if working as written, this leads me believe it IS meant to work as written)

#7 04-02-2011 00:41:11

steven_allen
Solarian

Then don't use it.

Disruptor!

#8 04-02-2011 01:00:13

Majyqman
Habitant de Guem

steven_allen a écrit :

Then don't use it.

...I wont.

This doesn't change either of my original points (it's not working how worded, how it's working is next to useless), so...

#9 04-02-2011 19:55:20

Dracan
Campeur

It's not that bad, it looks like it doesn't take away your normal attack if you choose to target the person you are fighting, and Hook gets a +1 from having it on. A 7 low attack is actually pretty good, as printed low attacks go. For him it's a +1 attack item that gives you the option to snipe someone.

Then you can Dominate the Opponent/chain/Tada.. you're a bunny to make hook take no damage and get a kill. having the option to do this is just different and situationally better then things like elfine bow that force you to spread your damage.

Take an eclipse deck for instance, i'd rather Snipe Djamena and fight Iolmarek an extra time then take a second attack from that monster.

#10 05-02-2011 02:07:31

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

besides, if you choose a char not in battle, the attack happens before the activation of the selected cards of the turn...
meaning
you can decide what's better, attacking your opponent or another char before councilor ishaya play 2 ice barrier

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

#11 05-02-2011 02:43:15

Majyqman
Habitant de Guem

Dracan a écrit :

It's not that bad, it looks like it doesn't take away your normal attack if you choose to target the person you are fighting, and Hook gets a +1 from having it on. A 7 low attack is actually pretty good, as printed low attacks go. For him it's a +1 attack item that gives you the option to snipe someone.

Then you can Dominate the Opponent/chain/Tada.. you're a bunny to make hook take no damage and get a kill. having the option to do this is just different and situationally better then things like elfine bow that force you to spread your damage.

Take an eclipse deck for instance, i'd rather Snipe Djamena and fight Iolmarek an extra time then take a second attack from that monster.

Why would you pick an example where, if instead of just doing 7 to Djamena, you'd be doing 7 to ALL the nomads if you just used the uncommon bow..?

Trying to prove my point?

It's a >< "little" better given that it uses the modified low attack. But still, not working as printed. And still not good.

Dernière modification par Majyqman (05-02-2011 02:45:19)

#12 05-02-2011 04:45:13

Dracan
Campeur

Majyqman a écrit :

[
Why would you pick an example where, if instead of just doing 7 to Djamena, you'd be doing 7 to ALL the nomads if you just used the uncommon bow..?

I'm not sure what bow you are talking about here that pirates would be using. Anyway, no one is disagreeing that it's worded wrong. Just saying, it has uses. maybe not in a deck that you would play, but they are there.

Dernière modification par Dracan (05-02-2011 04:45:40)

#13 05-02-2011 07:05:04

Zorak
Gardien
Lieu : Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

I use it and I like. You can gank any char in the table and defend yourself with a Fallback/Tadaaaaa!. Put it in Hook's hands and you have 8 attack plus Jolly Roger bonus. I see a lot of potential in Pirates Marauders in the next releases. wink
In top of that you still can choose the char in battle and trow an Assassination combo.

IGN Edinho - BODE TEAM

"A vei, esses cara não sabem nem onde caga."
                                              -Filippe_Balbino

Pied de page des forums