Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-02-2011 23:32:10

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

firon + scrolls

the text on [card]firon [/card]says +1 for each item attached to the char the moment you play this card
the scrolls ( immobility, madness, whatever) ARE items and ARE attached to the char when you play firon, but firon don't activate...

what's wrong?

thanks

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

#2 03-02-2011 00:26:28

steven_allen
Solarian

Re : firon + scrolls

Actually, it says equipped.  Scrolls and potions aren't equipped, they're used.

Disruptor!

#3 03-02-2011 00:39:42

Majyqman
Habitant de Guem

steven_allen a écrit :

Actually, it says attached.

And as Ascetic uses the exact same wording for what can be discarded by it and CAN hit scrolls/potions/etc... there's an issue with one of them here.

#4 03-02-2011 01:19:28

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

steven_allen a écrit :

and the text in-game says attached not equipped

#5 03-02-2011 01:19:54

steven_allen
Solarian

[card]Ascetic[/card] says each player loses an item at random, it doesn't specify equipped or attached.  [card]Firon[/card] says at the moment its played, not at the end of turn, so I can see how it would be misunderstood.  I don't think the mechanic for scrolls and potions is the same as weapons and armor.  I don't believe that either of them are ever "attached" or "equipped" to the character.

Dernière modification par steven_allen (03-02-2011 01:24:20)

Disruptor!

#6 03-02-2011 01:21:08

asdfgadsfz12
Voyageur

Potions and Scrolls go to the graveyard after use, so I think Firon only applies to items that are still attached at end of turn.

#7 03-02-2011 01:51:43

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

asdfgadsfz12 a écrit :

Potions and Scrolls go to the graveyard after use, so I think Firon only applies to items that are still attached at end of turn.

wrong, once i played a scroll against somebody who played a card like smash that iron (i don't actually remember the situation), and he chose the scroll of immobilization. after that, the defense score of the opposing character was back to normal

#8 03-02-2011 02:05:43

Majyqman
Habitant de Guem

steven_allen a écrit :

[card]Ascetic[/card] says each player loses an item at random, it doesn't specify equipped or attached.  [card]Firon[/card] says at the moment its played, not at the end of turn, so I can see how it would be misunderstood.  I don't think the mechanic for scrolls and potions is the same as weapons and armor.  I don't believe that either of them are ever "attached" or "equipped" to the character.

Actually, Ascetic specifies attached. That would be the reason I pointed out it used the exact same wording as firon. "Item Attached To" (your character / each living).

I'm not sure how this can be argued. One of them is working wrong.

#9 03-02-2011 02:12:16

steven_allen
Solarian

Looks like the links and the in game text aren't matching up.

Anywho, the question is; was Firon intended to be effected by scrolls.  I doubt it's not working right, I think the wording for Firon needs to be changed to reflect that it isn't effected by scrolls, or the rules for scrolls needs to be better defined.

Dernière modification par steven_allen (03-02-2011 02:16:56)

Disruptor!

#10 03-02-2011 02:25:49

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

just as i said, somebody just played [card]smash that iron[/card] on my [card]scroll of immobility[/card] and the later had its effect annulated... that means that the program reads it as an equipped card even if just until the end of the turn...

Dernière modification par Gabriel_Caetano (03-02-2011 02:28:42)

#11 03-02-2011 15:11:16

skinnyeddie
Habitant de Guem

Gabriel_Caetano a écrit :

just as i said, somebody just played [card]smash that iron[/card] on my [card]scroll of immobility[/card] and the later had its effect annulated... that means that the program reads it as an equipped card even if just until the end of the turn...

If a Smash that Iron or Devouring Swarm can destroy a scroll when it is played, then I think it is only fair that a Firon will be affected by a scroll. For example, if you chain a Firon to a Scroll of Immobilization, it shoud give +2 instead of +1.

#12 11-02-2011 04:31:37

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

any response?

#13 11-02-2011 10:35:51

bleachman
Gardien

As far as I know, there is a destinction between permanent items and usable items. Permanent items are ones, such as jewels, armor and other things that stay equipped for a longer period of time (Including [card]Shuriken[/card], which goes back to your hand. It's a special effect of the card, yet the card belongs to the permanent item group.). Usable ones are like potions, scrolls or some craftsmen items. They are used once and then discarded.

Both item groups are equipped when played. The usable ones are activated immediately, such as [card]Fury Potion[/card], and the permanent ones are activated at the end of the turn. Exceptions to tehse rules are then mentioned on the cards themselves, such as on the card [card]Bestial[/card].

In my opinion, [card]Firon[/card]'s special effect only triggers on permanent items and not on usable or perishable ones.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#14 11-02-2011 16:10:53

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

that should be on the card then... i don't know, if you remove a scroll or potion and it removes it's effect, then if somebody use smash thet iron on a healing potion, the character should lose the hit points gained as well...
u
that's a bit ambiguous in that

#15 11-02-2011 16:18:14

bleachman
Gardien

There are temporary and permamnet stat changes as well. Most items do temp, but some, like healing balm do permanent.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#16 11-02-2011 16:44:42

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Gabriel_Caetano a écrit :

that should be on the card then... i don't know, if you remove a scroll or potion and it removes it's effect, then if somebody use smash thet iron on a healing potion, the character should lose the hit points gained as well...
u
that's a bit ambiguous in that

Healing balm is an immediate effect. Use it, and it heals. In that aspect its like an action or spell card.

Cards played after the fact can't affect it.

It'd be similar to your opponent playing [card]Pray for healing[/card], then you playing  [card]Runic Armor[/card] on [card]Hares the Runic[/card] and expecting the heal to be reversed. It's all about play order.

Smashes only work on equipped items. Balms work in the way that the effect is immediate, much like jewels. But, unlike most of the Nomads healh effects, it heals, and does not add health to the base score. If it added base health as a perm effect, then smash would work. Smash will work on Time potions to cancel heals, just not balms.

TL;DR Version: Balm heals immediately on equip. Smash only works after Equipping, so Balm can't be countered. Same applies to scrolls.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#17 11-02-2011 16:59:34

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

ok, i got it
there's permanent items, like swords, daggers, armors
there's instant items like potions and scrolls
but in this case, a healing item activates and that's it, but fury potion, scroll of whatever and stuff, they should work the same way. Otherwise, if they're not permanents but can be destroyed and have their effects countered, they should be considered equipped until the end of the fight, then discarded

edit

then you should have cards that counter action cards played before them as well

Dernière modification par Gabriel_Caetano (11-02-2011 17:00:37)

#18 11-02-2011 17:25:03

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Thats the whole strategy of play order though. big_smile

The fear of Obesity/Diversion/Etc. means playing around them, learning to play chains that are waste-able on not your order (TTD + Assasination on not your turn ensures at least assasintation gets played. Playing it on your turn means assa might get obeised), playing needed cards (Dagger Master,  A New Start, etc) first on your turn to ensure they aren't countered.

Its the gamestyle and strategies revolve around it. Throwing in cancel-after-the-fact cards ruins it all.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#19 11-02-2011 18:52:31

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

i get the thing about playing  stile and game mechanics, but that's not the point you know. I see an issue here regarding the way of activation of Item cards. As I said in the begining of the thread: should firon count scrolls and potions or not. I believe it should...

#20 24-02-2011 03:19:52

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite

and it seems that cards that don't activate utumatically also can be removed with caerds like freeze

after all the thread got no definitive response yet

Pied de page des forums