Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 15-12-2010 18:01:28

ledeir
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : MA, USA

Sealed Deck Play

First off, I am fully aware this would be a HARD change.

I just want to put it out there.
It has both the potential to earn the company more money and to provide players an option to ensure people can't simply buy a better deck.

I haven't looked at the tournaments yet... Since my deck is too weak too... So I don't know how well this will fit with the current code structure either.

Provide an option to play in "sealed deck tournaments".
This is something done in real world card games fairly successfully. (just look at Magic the Gathering)

You would enter in a tournament for a set time period.
It would cost feez since you are buying cards.
You then receive a set number of packs to make a deck with.
These are the ONLY cards which can be used for this deck.
Using those cards you could edit the deck between games, but you can't buy new cards for it.

I understand there are several complications for this.

The most obvious being it is entirely possible to get cards which cannot be made into a deck. That would have to be addressed for this idea to be even vaguely feasible.
The easiest method being guarantee a set number of heroes and/or ignore the normal guild/build restrictions for these decks.  (IE - allow heroes of multiple guilds)

Then there is the problem of how to keep the cards for the tourny separate from the rest of your cards. Not knowing how things are coded I don't know how big of an ordeal that would be. A change like that could be as simple as adding a comment in a database to substantial code changes...

I can't really expand on this idea more until I check out the existing tournament structure...

Any thoughts?

#2 15-12-2010 18:55:53

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Pennsylvania, USA
Site Web

Re : Sealed Deck Play

Sounds similar to Tomes on Battleforge, (way awesome game, btw, and free to play as well.)

Anyway, the methods should be as easy as making a tournament module that is for these "sealed cards" or whatever they want to call them.  The cards bought could be some deck that's much like a bunch of boosters together, (I would be as silly to say 28 cards.)  So, with the amount of boosters together, have them all grouped up, (with a small discount for buying in bulk,) and then classify them all in the collection under another filter.

The cards coming up under that filter would be the only cards able to be used together for that tournament.  Under deck creation, make it so there are some appearing checkmark boxes for the pack/packs you buy, and there it is.  Of course, to make sure no one has the same repeating awesomeness, they would have to make sure the decks expire after about 3 weeks, and the tournaments would probably need to max char level at 2.

Now, the reason I say 28 is this, to fix the issue of playable or not:
There would always be 4 characters.  6 cards per character are cards that character can definitely play.  For example: If one of your characters are Xin, then 6 of the cards are definitely not a guild other than Kotoba.
Also, once the first character is randomized, the packs would need to restrict the other three characters to make sure they include that guild, or are mercs.

Dernière modification par XenoZangotta (15-12-2010 18:58:34)

Somewhere between happiness and dreading the Apocalypse.
See where your character cards stand against the full list.

#3 15-12-2010 19:08:50

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

That's an interesting approach...
If I am reading right you are saying that a person would essentially get 4 "tournament boosters" consisting of 1 hero and 6 playable cards.
The first hero would be completely randomly determined.
The following heroes would match guild or be mercs.

That's also similar to something I replied in another post (so I may be slightly biased to like it). I had mentioned how it would be nice to have 3 card character only boosters and 6 card action only boosters...

My concern with your suggestion is that according to some older suggestions posts the development team doesn't like doing "guilded" or "typed"  packs... (although their december specials do seem to indicate otherwise). So while I like the idea, I don't know if they would approve. (though the amount of money sealed decks could earn them might be enough to sway their opinion)

Thanks for the thoughts!

#4 15-12-2010 19:30:47

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

ledeir a écrit :

That's an interesting approach...
If I am reading right you are saying that a person would essentially get 4 "tournament boosters" consisting of 1 hero and 6 playable cards.
The first hero would be completely randomly determined.
The following heroes would match guild or be mercs.

If you want to look at it that way, yes.  You are correct, that is what I meant.

ledeir a écrit :

My concern with your suggestion is that according to some older suggestions posts the development team doesn't like doing "guilded" or "typed"  packs... (although their december specials do seem to indicate otherwise). So while I like the idea, I don't know if they would approve. (though the amount of money sealed decks could earn them might be enough to sway their opinion)

Earlier, (just a few weeks ago,) the weekly releases had one where they offered guild decks for each group.  I think they realized that it makes someone want to buy one more if they have a better chance of getting the character they want/need.

#5 15-12-2010 19:33:34

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

XenoZangotta a écrit :

Earlier, (just a few weeks ago,) the weekly releases had one where they offered guild decks for each group.  I think they realized that it makes someone want to buy one more if they have a better chance of getting the character they want/need.

That's what I meant when I said their actions seemed to conflict with their words wink
(I'm a little tired so I know I'm not being the most clear)

I really liked that special! Its a major reason why I actually bought cards instead of continuing to play for free.

#6 15-12-2010 19:35:35

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

ledeir a écrit :

I really liked that special! Its a major reason why I actually bought cards instead of continuing to play for free.

Which is why I think they're "getting the picture."

Pied de page des forums