Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 12-12-2010 21:57:50

Ninsane
Campeur

How to beat Melisandre~

is it just me or is melisandre has way too much health points for someone with such damaging ability

i mean, even with tadaa bunny, all i have left is 1 hp, and her.. well still double digit as far as i am concerned

[Bleachman: Move this thread via request of OP to the deck and strategy discussion page. Please discuss best ways to handle this character card when you are opposing it~]

Dernière modification par Ninsane (12-12-2010 22:05:53)

#2 12-12-2010 23:24:48

steven_allen
Solarian

Re : How to beat Melisandre~

You're not supposed to use Bunny against her, you're supposed to use fallback.

Disruptor!

#3 13-12-2010 00:28:41

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

And besides, other than Melisandre the sap hearts really dont have any stand out charcters. Even Keizen isnt all that good.

#4 13-12-2010 00:54:46

Ninsane
Campeur

steven_allen a écrit :

You're not supposed to use Bunny against her, you're supposed to use fallback.

i've thought of that, but she can use melody and problem solved.
i just think she has way too much health points.

#5 13-12-2010 02:10:07

goscar
Guémélite

Funny thing is I can out damage her with pilkim! But really not much of a OP card more annoying than OP.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#6 13-12-2010 02:19:14

raelian
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

well i play zil and he is cappable of killing any of my chars but he will die pretty sure

Dernière modification par raelian (13-12-2010 02:19:39)

poder zil

#7 13-12-2010 17:40:57

IvoVanDyk
Invité

I use melissandre and she rocks!!! Not only is powerfull, she has pretty good defense and hp points...and is beautiful!(love to kill charas in just one turn) But in fact..the others sap hearts isnt that good....Ydianne can atackt a little less but with the magic poison make a really good work too. I`ll try using kaisen someday...

#8 14-12-2010 06:47:32

Dracatis
Habitant de Guem

Sure she eats Zil, most of them don't have much a defense but every point of defense is like having two against her, so as long as you have a couple actions or items that give defense she isn't gonna be much a threat.  And most Zils can still one shot her, if not finish her with Dagger Master.  I'd be more worried about the Homchi and Items have a Soul or some of those Craftsmen + Firon combos.  Or the Dragon Knights with the new achievement card.

#9 14-12-2010 08:00:13

bleachman
Gardien

She's a solid and actually good character. Nothing more. Far from being OP.

If you have serious troubles against the select few you might encounter, you can always add cards to boost your defense. I hear that works well against other characters too.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#10 14-12-2010 11:43:30

apoth
Habitant de Guem

bleachman a écrit :

If you have serious troubles against the select few you might encounter, you can always add cards to boost your defense. I hear that works well against other characters too.

There's no need to be condescending or the use of sarcasm, show a little respect. The guy is obviously having trouble against this character and instead of providing helpful feedback, you go off acting all mighty and pompous, "oh it's not OP, FARRRRRRRR from it, oh and I hear defense cards work good for defense! wowowow omg!" And you obviously do not play this game much if you only see a "select few." Get off your throne buddy, you're only a forum moderator (a very poor one at that), that shouldn't inflate your ego as much as it has unless you are mentally ill.

Now to the original topic...

Melisandre is indeed very annoying. The best counters are a lot of defense and/or ignore action cards. 99% of the time, anyone using her is going to throw the melody/quick draw combo. If you don't have obesity, it would be a wise investment.

#11 14-12-2010 12:04:34

IvoVanDyk
Invité

Much better than obesity is defense cards couse if I start in turn one and use hypnotic melody if u dont have superior defense than 3 u r gonna to take at least 11 damage points and the most part of charas has between 12 and 13 hp...so if u live I ll use an elfine bow with ydiane and next if u still live...I ll use keizan with magic poison and then...OMG just love sap heart`s guild a lot!! They dont have too much cards but the little bunchet are pretty good.
And about bleachman..he is just sarcastic but he is right and when he is not sarcastic he can write a very good replys. All the cards has a week point, I used an homchai deck and they stoped is OP with just one card...and that is the mechanic with all the others cards. So yes melissandre is enoying but shadow, abomination, pilkim, homchais, asajiro, gyakusha, the eternal, foam giant...etc are enoying too but even they have week points.

#12 14-12-2010 13:04:50

Ninsane
Campeur

bleachman a écrit :

thank you for such a constructive feedback.

for a level 3 rare character, she has the same survivability as a legendary foam giant. 3 def 15 hp. isn't that a bit too much for a girl and her kitty? i mean she's only lv 3. even abomination doesnt have that much hp, and he takes much longer time to reach potential

#13 14-12-2010 13:05:41

Squarta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Italy

Sarcasm?Really mate,do you know what sarcasm is?

Back in topic,Melissandre is DA BOSS in Elfine Sap.Yeah,she's tough but a Sap deck can be anyway countered.Just like while I play against a noz mage with prophet i will focus on him,you will want to avoid Meli on first turns,focusing on defense against her (Fallback is the best card IMHO) and trying to kill other companions of her.

#14 14-12-2010 13:06:50

Ninsane
Campeur

IvoVanDyk a écrit :

yes melissandre is enoying but shadow, abomination, pilkim, homchais, asajiro, gyakusha, the eternal, foam giant...etc are enoying too but even they have week points.

well, leveling melissandre isnt as hard as those you have mentioned.

#15 14-12-2010 13:11:05

Ninsane
Campeur

Squarta a écrit :

Sarcasm?Really mate,do you know what sarcasm is?

Back in topic,Melissandre is DA BOSS in Elfine Sap.Yeah,she's tough but a Sap deck can be anyway countered.Just like while I play against a noz mage with prophet i will focus on him,you will want to avoid Meli on first turns,focusing on defense against her (Fallback is the best card IMHO) and trying to kill other companions of her.

would one fallback in a deck be enough? im thinking about getting one, can only add one more to my deck. thx

#16 14-12-2010 13:32:40

Limestone
Solarian

would one fallback in a deck be enough? im thinking about getting one, can only add one more to my deck. thx

the answer is a big NO NO. I played against zill deck with 3 fallback and he barely survive the onslaught hmm . Sure I lost but hey, at least I was having fun.

If you have some trouble against multiple elfine attacks, 3 Fallback is the most recommended of all defense card, you can toss some def cards like shell too, to improve survivability of course smile

Or.. something like this could happen to ya: otkabomb.png

p.s.: it was not melody + QD , it was melody + magic poison
Hope it helps Ninsane.. smile

Stop licking your wound, and start licking mine little puppies

#17 14-12-2010 13:38:26

Ninsane
Campeur

thanks limestone! big_smile

i guess i have to make some space for 3 fallback
problem is, my zil deck idea is far from survivability hmm

Dernière modification par Ninsane (14-12-2010 13:40:23)

#18 14-12-2010 13:44:49

Limestone
Solarian

You're welcome Ninsane

so your zill deck is somekind of kamikaze type? lol lol
anyway don't worry too much since QD is expensive as hell right now (35k atm).

i only got one QD which i bough for 20k, lucky me.. tongue

#19 14-12-2010 13:52:08

Ninsane
Campeur

Limestone a écrit :

You're welcome Ninsane

so your zill deck is somekind of kamikaze type? lol lol
anyway don't worry too much since QD is expensive as hell right now (35k atm).

i only got one QD which i bough for 20k, lucky me.. tongue

its "you're going down with me" abomb deck xD
but i couldn't bring melissandre down with me on every occasion.
brought down the other 2, but then she would delete my chars one.. by.. one..

#20 14-12-2010 14:05:22

Limestone
Solarian

Sounds like a tough deck.. xD

i bet when she tried to cripple your guys one by one she pumped her defense right..?
that's when she went to her shell and try to outlive you.. am I right? no?

oh yeah, even tough you can kill her companion i hope you still respect them and not underestimate them smile . Because melody + magic poison on ydiane can almost be as annoying as the QD version of combo, and it last a loong loong time smile

p.s. and the bow is kinda annoying too tongue , cross kill is my specialty

#21 14-12-2010 14:23:09

Ninsane
Campeur

Limestone a écrit :

Sounds like a tough deck.. xD

i bet when she tried to cripple your guys one by one she pumped her defense right..?
that's when she went to her shell and try to outlive you.. am I right? no?

oh yeah, even tough you can kill her companion i hope you still respect them and not underestimate them smile . Because melody + magic poison on ydiane can almost be as annoying as the QD version of combo, and it last a loong loong time smile

p.s. and the bow is kinda annoying too tongue , cross kill is my specialty

lv3 ydiane is just the same as melissandre hmm give her one more hp and i'll start a thread about ydiane being op

#22 14-12-2010 14:34:17

Limestone
Solarian

Just kidding though, take it easy.. roll

#23 14-12-2010 15:21:07

bleachman
Gardien

apoth a écrit :

There's no need to be condescending or the use of sarcasm, show a little respect. The guy is obviously having trouble against this character and instead of providing helpful feedback, you go off acting all mighty and pompous, "oh it's not OP, FARRRRRRRR from it, oh and I hear defense cards work good for defense! wowowow omg!" And you obviously do not play this game much if you only see a "select few." Get off your throne buddy, you're only a forum moderator (a very poor one at that), that shouldn't inflate your ego as much as it has unless you are mentally ill.

Oddly you take the freedome to attack me directly in the forum knowing I hold back because of my moderator status. And you tell me to get off my high horse? tongue

Ninsane a écrit :
bleachman a écrit :

thank you for such a constructive feedback.

for a level 3 rare character, she has the same survivability as a legendary foam giant. 3 def 15 hp. isn't that a bit too much for a girl and her kitty? i mean she's only lv 3. even abomination doesnt have that much hp, and he takes much longer time to reach potential

I would like to clarify, that I meant no harm with my post. I responded to a rather vague post with a rather vague, yet direct answer. My post may seem insufficient, but I do have a hard time getting into detail when little information is given. I will try my best to offer a little more insight to MY opinion.

I know my wording tends to sound harsh and is pretty direct in some cases. I am always willing to help out though. If you wish too, you could either change this topic into a deck/strategy thread(I would move it to the appropriate forum) dealing with how to handle Meli the best possible ways, or you could start a new one, where we could further discuss your issues with her.

As to the question, whether or not she is too powerful: She isn't. Her ability can easily be avoided by simply increasing your defense. Some decks will be prone to her ability, such as marauder decks and some more aggressive mage decks. For that, she is likewise weak to other decks, e.g. mages. The fact that another deck type, a common one at that, can beat her easily, just proves that she isn't too powerful. She is definately a strong and very worthwhile rare card. But not too hard to handle.

#24 14-12-2010 15:45:36

Ninsane
Campeur

that is a good idea, if you don't mind move this thread to deck strategy. but i dont know how to change the title hmm

thanks btw

#25 14-12-2010 15:48:17

bleachman
Gardien

Ninsane a écrit :

that is a good idea, if you don't mind move this thread to deck strategy. but i dont know how to change the title hmm

thanks btw

Click on the 'edit' button in that first post. There you can change the content as well as the title of it. Feel free to keep the original text, just add that this is a discussion thread on that matter.

If you still need help doing it, just post what you would like here and I will alter it for you and then move it. smile

Pied de page des forums