Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 28-10-2010 07:16:32

Azloki
Campeur

New rules for tournament

New rules for tournament -o

To better prevent fake wins, here are the new suggested rules:

1. Instead of 500 entrance fee, now is 1000.
2. Battled players will not meet again.
3. Tournament lasts an hour and half instead of one hour.
4. High win player cannot fight low win player, for example, Player with 10 wins will
only fight someone has 7 wins or higher.

5. Winning prize will be
#1 15000,
#2 10000,
#3 7500,
#4 5000
#5 2500

6. Tournament will take place every 4 hours, instead of 2 hours.

By applying these new rules, we will have a better tournament.

[Bleachman: I am locking all current threads on this topic. Please refer to this one instead: http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=11954]

#2 28-10-2010 08:20:12

bleachman
Gardien

Re : New rules for tournament

Tourney should have elimination instead of based on how many beat games you have.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#3 28-10-2010 10:02:07

OgiWan
Voyageur

Yep.....it may be done like this:
1.All people have 30 mins to sign in the tournament
2.When sign in they pay 1500-2000 crystals
3.64 players enter the battle(32 finals) and the play 1v1 winners gets to next phase
4.Winners enter the 16 finals and play again 1v1 winners gets to next phase
.... and like that  to Final 1v1

Rewards here get the first 8 players.....not sure about the amount of the reward

Or you use the current tournament with the current ruls.........BUT reward gets the first 15 players........like Formula 1 big_smile

if moderators think this post is stupid or dont like it pls delete it [Mods do not delete posts cause we do not like them. We delete posts that do not belong in the forums or things that go out of turn. tongue You are entitled to your opinion, so no worries about deleted posts unless you act like a jackass tongue, bleachman]

Thanks smile

Dernière modification par OgiWan (28-10-2010 10:03:46)

#4 28-10-2010 13:00:46

Seraph
Habitant de Guem

I don't know how this suggestion would improve the current tournies.
It is no better than what it is right now.

I agree with bleachman.

#5 28-10-2010 13:26:49

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

bleachman a écrit :

Tourney should have elimination instead of based on how many beat games you have.

Agreed

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#6 28-10-2010 13:45:01

OgiWan
Voyageur

Rathedan a écrit :
bleachman a écrit :

Agreed

Thats what I wrote too!!
64 player divided in 32 couples and plaing 1v1. The winner goes in next phase where 16 couples play 1v1...next is quarter finals 8 couples play in 4 games in 1v1 !!
Tha same like bleachman said !!!

Like football in UEFA Cup/League of Europe smile

#7 29-10-2010 12:10:43

Anihilate
Solarian

There is the bracket system, but then it lacks a bit of fairplay. Round Robin might be better.

- 1 2 3 4 5
1 \           
2   \         
3      \     
4         \   
5            \

This way everyone plays against all of the other tournament contestants and the one with the highest amount of wins, wins. If it is a tie on any account, the two player's face off again, the winner gets that ranking, the loser gets the one below it.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#8 29-10-2010 20:31:38

OgiWan
Voyageur

Anihilate a écrit :

There is the bracket system, but then it lacks a bit of fairplay. Round Robin might be better.

- 1 2 3 4 5
1 \           
2   \         
3      \     
4         \   
5            \

This way everyone plays against all of the other tournament contestants and the one with the highest amount of wins, wins. If it is a tie on any account, the two player's face off again, the winner gets that ranking, the loser gets the one below it.

Agree smile

#9 29-10-2010 20:35:17

Falanin
Campeur

The only problem with round-robin is that is literally takes forever with a 64 man tourney.

Double-elimination or some variant of Swiss would be my suggestion.  Each would add a bit of wait time while other people finished, but it's not like we aren't used to waiting for a match already.

Save Toran the Faithless!  Equal cards for mercenary caste members!   http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?i … at=itcg-us

#10 30-10-2010 05:19:03

awollsd
Voyageur

well it is the first tournement it was a simple easy to code round robin no restrictions to test the tournement code. (hence it being in beta). kas we can se with the halloween tournement there will be other formats added. and possibly even removed.

my sugestion is instead of changing the format chosen to test the tournement system (the most simplest format possible). instead sugest future formats/rewards smile

i personaly would like to see
sealed deck and pairs tournements.

sealed deck-self explanitory. everyone who enters gets a sealed deck (there would need to be atleast 2 more than is currently available also they decks players get to play with should be random so to insure veriety in the tournement. it would be a double elimination tournement or round robin devs decision.

pairs tournement- you register as a team of 2 players. (deck limits optional not sugested however) it is a single elimination event. it would go like

EX:  team 1 player 1, player 2
       team 2 player a, players b

player 1 plays player a. player 1 wins=player a is out
player 2 plays player b. player b wins=player 2 is out
player 1 plays player b. player 1 wins= player 2 is back in and team 1 advances. team 2 is out.

(i would sugest the reward for this be some crystals+1 card something that has to de with teams.

EX: Double Team. this characture gains attack = to X where X=a random characture in your teams basic attack-2

#11 30-10-2010 07:00:37

awollsd
Voyageur

however i SOOOO HATE that the roundrobin format is simply on who gets faster games....

i can win every match in 4 rounds and still easily be beaten (it happens all the time) i get mathed to people that stall ALL THE TIME  but for some reason certain people seem to get almost twice as many games in the same amount of time...  now i get matched to sooo many people that just stall the clock  wouldnt it stand to reason that they too would get matched to a couple atleast.........!!!!

#12 03-11-2010 10:18:09

buso deL cueo
Voyageur

i think it wouLd be pretty baLanced if the wins were caLcuLated Like this:

1) at the end of the tourney you get 5 for a perfect win, 4 for a reguLar win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a reguLar Loss, 0 for a perfect Loss, onLy considering the scores of the best 10 games;
2) you caLcuLate the sum of the points of the 10 opponents with the highest score, as a secondary vaLue, in case of pLayers being tied;
3) % of games won (totaL);
4) % of opponent's games won (taking he best 10 opponents).

in order of importance, these 4 vaLues shouLd be enough to guarantee a baLance and ensure there are no draws, as weLL as encourage somewhat sLower strategies that aim to achieve perfects.

just an idea tongue

#13 16-11-2010 05:06:12

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

buso deL cueo a écrit :

1) at the end of the tourney you get 5 for a perfect win, 4 for a reguLar win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a reguLar Loss, 0 for a perfect Loss, onLy considering the scores of the best 10 games;
2) you caLcuLate the sum of the points of the 10 opponents with the highest score, as a secondary vaLue, in case of pLayers being tied;

in order of importance, these 4 vaLues shouLd be enough to guarantee a baLance and ensure there are no draws, as weLL as encourage somewhat sLower strategies that aim to achieve perfects.

just an idea tongue

oh yeah! that's a grat one! point system...

i was wondenring bout the suggestions above and all of them have a time problem... round robin or the 64 players in eliminatory will take ages! there is a goog thing with the ongoing format... it takes 1 hour and that's it!

yet we could ad tho the above a system based on that fairpolay sign that appears when someone keep leaving games:

1- something like given up games wouldn't count before the 4th turn... so if less players would be privileged (or less privileged) by quitters but nobody would have his time "wasted" by someone who drops the game after a while;
2- if someone leaves the game or is timed up 3 times, he's automatically out of the current tournament.

that theoretically would make the tournament fairer, so i believe

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

#14 19-11-2010 05:12:57

Joey_Parker
Habitant de Guem

Gabriel_Caetano a écrit :
buso deL cueo a écrit :

just an idea tongue

oh yeah! that's a grat one! point system...

i was wondenring bout the suggestions above and all of them have a time problem... round robin or the 64 players in eliminatory will take ages! there is a goog thing with the ongoing format... it takes 1 hour and that's it!

yet we could ad tho the above a system based on that fairpolay sign that appears when someone keep leaving games:

1- something like given up games wouldn't count before the 4th turn... so if less players would be privileged (or less privileged) by quitters but nobody would have his time "wasted" by someone who drops the game after a while;
2- if someone leaves the game or is timed up 3 times, he's automatically out of the current tournament.

that theoretically would make the tournament fairer, so i believe

I agree I have given up on them cuz off all the fake wins and the stall decks that are there by people running 2 or 3 accounts

"Fear is all in the mind"

#15 19-11-2010 19:53:52

Dracatis
Habitant de Guem

I think Bleachman has the easiest and best answer.  Single elimination.  If you raise the fees you won't get any of us new players a good chance to get into it(and take our crystals... maybe).  If you've been out of a game for more then 5 minutes you get eliminated from the tournament, unless you are one of the last 3.  The person who is last standing gets 30% of the entrance fees.  The person with the most wins get gets 50%.  The person with the most perfects gets 10%.  These can be the same person.  (Eradan eats the last 10% to control inflation)

Pied de page des forums